CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pariots v. Jets

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Pariots v. Jets

Last night's decisive victory must have surprised a lot of football fans. Most "experts" were picking the Jets, especially given the Pat's last place defense and Brady's recent poor starts. No one told the Patriots. The defense was outstanding, and Tom was outstanding, especially in the second half. The boys from New England aren't dead yet!
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    The "upsets" this year are crazy.

Being an Eagles fan, I'll soon be requiring prescription pharmaceuticals...
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

I feel you pain. Hell, even Miami won this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    The "upsets" this year are crazy.

Being an Eagles fan, I'll soon be requiring prescription pharmaceuticals...
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    My Bears are starting to look like playoff material! Can anyone tell me why teams continue to kick to Devin Hester? I would not count the Pats out yet either Mike, not with the QB they have.

And how about all the leaping plays yesterday? It seemed like the highlight reel had about 8 guys jumping over defenders in 8 different games.

One of the suicide pools I'm in will be over if Green Bay wins tonight.
    Andrew

The Patriot receivers did their own fair share of leaping yesterday as well, but that was to better position themselves to gain an advantage over a defender. Gronkowski is very effective doing just that. As for trying to jump over defenders that is a dangerous tactic. You can get killed doing that. It's much better to simply run over the defender as Gronkowski likes to do.

Your Bears are looking much better. I wouldn't count them out either. The Forty Niners are looking really good at that moment. They could compete for the Super Bowl. If New England keeps playing as they did yesterday, they have a chance of advancing, though injuries in their defensive secondary could kill them.

Brady uncharacteristically misfired on a number of passes in the first half, but in the second half he looked much better. He's not as sharp as he's been in years past, but even at 80% he's better than most in the NFL.

One thing is certain. The games are hard to predict this year.
    Last edited by mpare; 11-14-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    My Bears are starting to look like playoff material! Can anyone tell me why teams continue to kick to Devin Hester?.
    This guy is unreal. WOW

Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwXHdPTFfZ4
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

I never really get to see Chicago play, so I have not really watched Hester in action save for the occasional highlight. This guy has an unbelievable ability to accelerate past everyone. It's beautiful to watch.

\
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    This guy is unreal. WOW

Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwXHdPTFfZ4

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    AFC used to be full of strong teams but this year nobody has stood out. AFC West is a joke, AFC South had a strong team in Houston but they just lost QB Schwuab for the season. AFC North has two very good teams (Pit, Bal) while AFC East has Pats-Jets but both have big flaws. I think it's either going to be Pit or Bal in the superbowl, probably Pit because I dont' see Baltimore beating Steelers 3x in one year. In NFC, GB is just a machine. SF doesn't have the horses to keep up with that juggernaut. Nobody does. Anticlimactic prediction but I don't see how Packers don't repeat.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

I have learned one thing about the NFL: predicting the outcome of the season is a perilous endeavour.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    AFC South had a strong team in Houston but they just lost QB Schwuab for the season.
    Wow... it was suppose to be 2 weeks (1 game).... now for the year... that hurts!!
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Thread Information