CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Masters 2012

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road

Masters 2012

Looking for ideas on where to stay. I won tickets to the Wednesday practice round so would only really be looking for 1 nights' accommodation. There will be 4 of us travelling (and we will be playing some golf on the way down and back elsewhere), and I just don't even know where to start for the Tuesday night?

I saw 1 hotel in Augusta and suites were running around $500 a night... I don't mind staying even 30 minutes away and driving to the parking lot, then shuttling, etc...

Looking for some opinions from people who have been in the past.

Thanks...

Shagging Balls Gapwedge is on a distinguished road Gapwedge's Avatar
    We cannot direct the wind, we can only adjust our sails.

Not sure what that link is for Gapwedge? That topic was about playing golf around the area and the replies were about flights, Myrtle Beach, and people being jealous about the OP having tickets?

All I am looking for is a decent hotel in the area, or a convenient area within 30-45 minutes or so that I could stay at for 1 night while I attend the event on wednesday, sorry if my post was not clear.

Thanks...

Sorry for being cryptic. We were just there this past April and rented a house at Reynolds Plantation ~ about an hour from Augusta. Maybe stay a few nights and play the Plantation courses while there. Locals call Augusta "Disgusta" as the town itself is run down and rather disappointing. Better to stay away, as local meals / hotels / etc increase tremendously during Masters week. Parking is free, so staying a few miles away works out better.

My (flawed) logic was my post from the link mentioned some of this ... again apologies for being obtuse.

OK, now I get it. Took a quick look at the resort, looks awesome, but isn't it unbelievably expensive? I remember Mike Fisher got married there and they said it was something like $5000 a night at that hotel?

Renting a house is cheaper. We had 13 guys in two houses and it was much less per person than any hotel.

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-ren...e-oconee/r5654

1 Iron sparsons is on a distinguished road
    I won tickets as well. My wife and I will be staying in Lexington, SC at the Holiday Inn. It is about an hour away and $130.00 per night.

AftOf245
    I have been going every year for the last 6 years and I always stay in Aiken, SC. About 30 minutes from the entrance to Augusta National. Hampton Suites is where I stay, there are a few in Aiken, nice DT with a couple of good eating spots.

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Hey Swerve, rent a camper trailer! lol
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Putter yvmor is on a distinguished road yvmor's Avatar
    we book in Columbia, SC which is 1hr15min from Augusta. www.hotel.ca. $375 for a 2 bedroom Penthouse suite. PS looking for a practice round ticket for April 4h. thanks

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    4 of us went last year for the Mon practice. Stayed right off of the I20 in Columbia. 1 hr away from Augusta and easy drive. Lots of hotels near the I20 exchange, we stayed at the La Quinta Sat thru Tues. and it was reasonable. Around $100/night and includes breakfast. Hooters right next door.

Good courses in the area too, we played a couple. I'll try to recall the names.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Thread Information