100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by patrice View Post
    ...the launch angle is limited to 40deg ...
    Is this true? Doesn't that make it pretty useless for golf simulators (ie game play)?

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    I can't imagine why there would be a limit of 40* on a radar device. That doesn't make sense.

Even if it's true, it does not make it useless for simulator/game play. Most shots don't launch that high. Some wedge shots might get above 40.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I would have thought it would read launches higher than 40. I agree with ZMax even my flop shots are normally around 40 or less so it should be fine for simulation.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Re 40 degrees

I have just sent an email to Sean at Zelocity asking for confirmation.

Will post when he responds

Good job CPA. Let us know when you find out.

9 Iron patator is on a distinguished road
    This 40 deg limitation comes from sean himself. It was the explanation for a serie of 52deg shots that were not captured by the tracker.
    For their previous lm (the purelaunch), the limit is 45° :
    http://www.zelocity.com/golf/technology.shtml

According to zelocity, some wedges shots should be ok and others not.
    I knew this weakness before buying. It doesn t matter to me as i don t plan to use the tracker for simulation. It s just a pitty for testing the diff of spin from one wedge to another or from one ball to another (with a 56 °).
    And i agree with bubba and zmax, most of the shots should be below 40° of la.

The gc2 as a limitation of 70° : http://www.foresightsports.com/products

CPA, thanks for sharing the answer with us. I m curious to see if we will have the same answer.

Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Re 40 degrees

I have just sent an email to Sean at Zelocity asking for confirmation.

Will post when he responds
    Last edited by patator; 12-22-2011 at 08:10 AM.

mmmm before I pay $ Sean is my best mate and emails everyday.

Now he is either not working today, busy or the 40 degree question is too much to answer........

Hello CPA,

Well, it was the same for me. Sean was answering within the hour before closing the sale.
    Then, he was pretty responsive (within 1/2 day or 1 day) but he couldn't answer my technical demands / claims. Finally after 3 weeks, I have been told that my issues will be probably fixed by the 1.5 software.

He gave me the answer for the 40 degrees launch over the phone after consulting one of his colleagues who was sitting next to him.
    At the time, I asked him about the integration with HolydayGolf and approach shots. He couldn't answer neither...or he said : "sometime it will work, and sometime not"

The Tracker has limitations and is more "affordable" than the Foresight GC2 (or the flightscope X2)
    I'm not totally unhappy with my purchase. I have what I paid for. I knew the GC2 was better but too expensive for me.

Patrice
    mmmm before I pay $ Sean is my best mate and emails everyday.

Now he is either not working today, busy or the 40 degree question is too much to answer........

We have an answer

Sean has said that as a result of variables like proper positioning of ball and pod setup there is no guarantee that every wedge is captured 100 percent of the time.

but he has assured me that the tracker is not limited to 40 degrees/a 9 iron.

I have sent him another email as follows:
    "If I paid the $ for a Trackman 3 I would expect to get every shot and every number spot on and I am very aware of the saying "pay peanuts get monkeys".
    I appreciate there will be some limitations on the tracker given its price point I just want to make sure that limitaion does not disqualify it from being the brain of a golf sim.
    The Foresight GC2 launch angle limitation is 70 degrees(to get a ball to launch at this angle would be a miricle).
    Your website rates your "minimum guidelines forproduct performance" at 45 degrees launch angle.
    Have thetech geeks put a number on the trackers launch angle limitation and can youtell me the results of their "frequent internal tests as well as producttrials at independent testing facilities" in relation to launch angle?"

Will post when I get a reply

Hello CPA, Bubba, Zmax and others.

Yesterday, I tested, on the driving range, the beta release of the version 1.5. Here is a first feedback.

This beta version has a debug menu that makes possible the simulation of any shot:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot150.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	31397

After playing around with this function, I realised that the humidity and the temperature are not taken into account for the calculation of the carry distance.
    You can check it any way by changing the "conditions" (from the options menu") after having recorded a shot.

As everybody knows, the humidity has an important impact on the carry distance (today the humidity was about 75%)

My feedback:
    Carry distance (tracker vs real measurement from landing point to hitting mat - no rolling as the ground is very very wet _ measured with a bushnell)
    • 52°: results are better than the version 1.1.2 (within 2m of reality @80m-85m)
    • 6 iron : tracker is longer by 5m to 7m as an average @132-135m. This difference could be explained by the humidity factor which is not taken into account (there was 0 wind)

I plan to do other tests during the week with 5 irons and drivers

Additional comments
    • One must select the correct club before hitting each ball otherwise the software indicates wrong values of launch angles, spin and distances.

I found it out when I swapped a 6 iron with another one to see if I could notice different spins. The difference was about 2000cpm. It took me 10min to find out that I selected "default item xx" from the drop down menu for the second 6 iron. This "default item xx" was set as a driver, 10.5°, in the "default item list" from the Edit function :

Name:	ScreenShot160.jpg
Views:	905
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	31399

I honestly thought it was not necessary to indicate the loft/type of club for the tracker.

• The shot deviation is still showing wrong values for this beta version : either R or L distance, as well as direction to the right or to the left.

Sean explained me that this option has been deactivated for the outdoor use (in version 1.1.2) following users advises...It is not a surprise as it is indicated in the user's guide page 13 :
      Environment allows you to switch between launch monitor usage Indoors versus
      Outdoors. This option is defaulted to Outdoors. To change the Environment,
      click on the desired value (Indoors or Outdoors). This selection will remain set
      for each session until re-set to another value. Selecting the Outdoor value allows
      the PureLaunch Tracker™ to track the ball for a longer duration than when used
      on the Indoor setting. The Outdoor value does not display the side spin or the
      shot deviation; all other metrics are displayed. The Indoors value displays all
      metrics and ball flight trajectories within the application.
      The "shot deviation" has been deactivated, during outdoor mode, from the "shot screen" but it is still available in the "All Shots screen"

Name:	ScreenShot154.jpg
Views:	876
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	31398

• Hitting my 52°, I obtained PTR's below 100%, it seems strange to me :

Name:	ScreenShot151.jpg
Views:	910
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	31396

Shot #5 was made with a very opened face. The launch angle was above 40° for sure (it is shown as 13°)

• The head speed prior to impact is not shown in this beta version :

Name:	ScreenShot161.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	31400

How to analyse these missing values : are the head speed values based on a real measurement prior to impact or a calculation (ie: based on the head speed at impact + ball speed) ? Maybe Zelocity is working on a new algorithm to calculate the head speed prior to impact. It would explain why it is not shown in the beta release.

I will test the tracker (hopefully this week), on the driving range, with the optimal flight software + Performance center (3D view) to see if I can get better results.

For those of you who are really interested in knowing more about Zelocity, and those who are questioning/checking results obtained with the tracker, I recommend to read the following website :
    http://msgolf.wordpress.com/
    I'm in touch with one of the person behind the zelocityusergroup who helped me understanding better the tracker software. He also wrote this very interesting article :
    http://msgolf.files.wordpress.com/20...nchmonitor.pdf
    The conclusion of his report, about the purelaunch, is the following :

The PureLaunch application data displays values which are different than the values
    being sent like pre-impact club speeds and spin.
    While the particular software version determines which values will be displayed the
    PureLaunch software can display values for:
    - azimuth
    - face angle
    - side spin
    - shot deviation
    - angle of attack
    - swing path
    These values can not be calculated based on the values that are sent to the application.
    With only club speed, ball speed and launch angle it is impossible to calculate the
    other values.
    More recent versions of the PureLaunch software (higher than version 1) will no
    indicate whether or not the spin value is measured or calculated. When not using the
    original striped ball the PureLaunch software will (as far as I can test) always
    produces calculated spin. Furthermore several versions will, even when having a
    measured spin, display a spin value which value seem to have no relation to the value
    sent by the data processing software."
    So I wonder now, how close is the PureLaunch software from the Tracker software.
    The question behind is "what is really measured" and what is calculated, from the following :
    • Club head speed at impact -> measured
    • Club head speed prior to impact -> measured or calculated ?
    • Ball velocity -> measured
    • Launch angle -> measured or calculated (if not calculated, why did I obtain very different values with my 6 iron when I have indicated the 6 as being a driver)
    • Spin : I would have imagined MEASURED at 100%...but what to think about my 6 iron / driver selection experience ?
    • Side spin -> probably entirely calculated otherwise it would be shown in outdoor mode
    • Shot deviation -> probably entirely calculated otherwise it would be shown in outdoor mode
    • Angle of approach/attack : calculated in the following way : launch angle - Club Loft (for those who have version 1.1.2, you can check by yourself)
    • Club face angle : probably calculated

At the end of the day, I absolutely don't care if some results come from a calculation and not from a measurement...as long as the result is correct.
    What I have seen today is better than what I saw with the version 1.1.2 but I think results could be better for a unit of this price.
    For those of you who are/will be using the tracker indoor on a net, I guess the shot deviation accuracy is important....and it doesn't seem to be as good as it should....

I feel a bit alone here and would like to see some reviews of other tracker users...ideally, using the tracker outdoor.
    Patrice
    Last edited by patator; 12-27-2011 at 05:15 AM.

thanks for that Patrice

now all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and hope it works.......

I'm curious to see if you come up with same analysis that I did.

Clubfitter73 (who made a deep investigation about the purelaunch, including decompiling the PureLaunch software coding) has commented on a different forum my doubts concerning the spin values obtained with a 6 iron (selected as a 10.5°) :
    if switching the loft and clubtype in the menu generates different different launch angles and spin data then it behaves the same as the PureLaunch. The purelaunch software uses the club type and ptr values to look into a table to see which values it should display, these values are then mixed with a random value. The random value (rootptr) is also save in the data file.
    Clubfitter73 is trying to develop a new software that will obtain better values that the PureLaunch software (not for Tracker). To follow up the advancement of this software, you can have a look at the Zelocity Launch Monitor User Group.

I'm not advanced enough to guess what should be calculated or not when using a launch monitor.
    I would like to have the feedback of some people really involved into the development of applications for Launch Monitors (ie: Todd from OptimalFlight...I'm going to ask him if he can give us a feedback)

Patrice
    Last edited by patator; 12-27-2011 at 09:22 AM.

One thought stays with me.
    If they had so much trouble with the original purelaunch why did they still use the name.
    Product looks different- dump the name and just call it the tracker.

They might have relied on a brandname that was good when they launched the purelaunch in 2007...since then, a lot of people have been complaining about the accuracy of the purelaunch.
    The software interface of the purelaunch and the tracker are exactly the same. So, we can guess that the algorithm to calculate spin, ball trajectory.... are the same.

I was going through the net looking for other tracker users and I found this interesting article of Ken Starr, one of the co-founder of the company :
    http://www.iseekgolf.com/clubfitting...aunch-monitors.
    In this article about the purelaunch, he said :
    *Q: *The PureLaunch then records the ball rather than the face angles of the club and the clubhead speed. So the PL does not really care if you have a driver or 5 iron in your hand?
    *Ken Starr: *The beauty of radar based systems it that a golfer can hit a 60 degree wedge then a driver then a 4 iron without any changes to the system. Radar does not care what club is being hit because it looks at each club uniquely and locks onto the golf ball as it is headed down the fairway. During ball flight the radar is recording 100,000 readings per second on how the ball is behaving in whatever weather environment exists that moment.
    As everybody understood from the previous posts, the Tracker (newer version than the purelaunch) cares about the iron you select...

One thought stays with me.
    If they had so much trouble with the original purelaunch why did they still use the name.
    Product looks different- dump the name and just call it the tracker.
    Last edited by patator; 12-27-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Carry distance: I can see where inputting the current temperature and humidity would result in more accurate distances but the software should have a default(typical) value to work with.

Shot deviation: This is how far off line, left or right, the ball landed? Are you saying that this is not accurate? I don't see ball path in any of the tables above. Is this not accurate also?

Club selection: It's not good if club selection is affecting LA and spin rate. Perhaps the selection tells the software or device what to expect, but still, it's not good.

LA: Looks like 40* might really be a limit. Not the end of the world, but....

Club head speed: IMO, there is only one club head speed. No way to distinguish it from the one at impact. Just overall speed. Have you been able to verify the club head speed accuracy with another device?

Club face: No way for a radar device to measure this. Has to be calculated based on ball path.

LA and spin: Appears to be measured to a certain extent. The LA's accuracy needs to be verified by another launch monitor or simulators such as Protee or GGS systems with cameras.

Side spin: This is estimated based on spin axis tilt measurements, which is not mentioned anywhere on the Zelocity's website. Spin axis tilt is very difficult to measure, even with cameras. If the Zelocity does not measure spin axis tilt, then they should not be including side spin in their features, much less asking $4K for the Tracker. You mentioned that shot deviation was not accurate. I take it fades and draws did not match the shot deviation numbers, or direction?

Thanks for sharing patrice.

Thanks for sharing Patrice. That is interesting that you muct select the club before hitting. I didn't think that we did that with my testing. Keep testing and let us know.

Carry distance :
    We can enter values in the option menu for humidity but it doesn't have any impact on the carry distance (at least in the beta version) :

Name:	ScreenShot162.jpg
Views:	868
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	31434

Name:	ScreenShot163.jpg
Views:	901
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	31435

Shot deviation: This is how far off line, left or right, the ball landed? Are you saying that this is not accurate? I don't see ball path in any of the tables above. Is this not accurate also?
    I give you an example with the following shot.
    I perfectly aligned the tracker (green arrow in the middle of the front pods + middle of the back pod) with a flag that was positioned at 131m from the hitting point.
    I measured the plugged ball (previously marked nb 2 with a permanent marker), with a bushnell, at 132.5m. It was located 4m on the left of the flag.

Name:	ScreenShot167.jpg
Views:	856
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	31436

So, I would said that this shot analysis is acceptable

The shot #3 of my real measurement set was a hook and the ball finished at 135m (roughly) and about 20m on the left of the flag :

Name:	ScreenShot172.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	31437

This shot analysis is far away from reality.

Club selection: It's not good if club selection is affecting LA and spin rate. Perhaps the selection tells the software or device what to expect, but still, it's not good.
    Clubfitter73 has analysed the code of the purelaunch software. The software is, from what I've been told, uses pre-set values (in a table containing loft, ball speed...) to determine spin and other criteria.
    Clubfitter73 is reading the posts on this forum and will correct me if I'm wrong.

LA: Looks like 40* might really be a limit. Not the end of the world, but....
    I agree with you. I let CPA check on his side when he will receive his unit.

Club head speed: IMO, there is only one club head speed. No way to distinguish it from the one at impact. Just overall speed. Have you been able to verify the club head speed accuracy with another device?
    Yes, I checked it with my Sport Sensors Swing speed radar. Measurement are very close to each others most of the time (+-2mph)...with a 6 iron.
    I will do some tests with my driver again as the swing speed indicated by the tracked seemed low (ie : 83-85mph with my 6 iron and between 95 and 100mph with my driver, my normal swing speed with a driver is 105-107mph).

LA and spin: Appears to be measured to a certain extent. The LA's accuracy needs to be verified by another launch monitor or simulators such as Protee or GGS systems with cameras.
    I would be glad to test it against a flightscope or Tracker...so if you know somebody in France who could give me a hand ;-)

Side spin: This is estimated based on spin axis tilt measurements, which is not mentioned anywhere on the Zelocity's website. Spin axis tilt is very difficult to measure, even with cameras. If the Zelocity does not measure spin axis tilt, then they should not be including side spin in their features, much less asking $4K for the Tracker.
    They don't indicate spin axis but display side spin, only when the software is set to indoor use. After having recorded a shot outdoor, you can come back on the shot and select "inside use", you will then have a value for the side spin.
    Here is the result for shots #1 and #3

Name:	ScreenShot175.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	31438

You mentioned that shot deviation was not accurate. I take it fades and draws did not match the shot deviation numbers, or direction?
    Yes, you're right...I would say that once out of twice the shot type (draw, fade...) doesn't seem to be correct. The azimuth doesn't seem to be correct neither. It can be very easy to check on an impact screen (ie:the ball starts on the left whereas it goes on the right...)
    My shot #1 was a slight draw - it was analysed as a draw by the tracker
    My shot #3 was a hook - it was analysed as a pull slice by the tracker

I will probably never trust at 100% the figures provided by the tracker. I will more look at difference of swing speed, launch angle and spin for each session, combining different head and shafts.
    At the end of the day, I don't mind if the data are not perfect. I hope that at least, the results are consistently wrong in the same way

Patrice

Sorry to hear this Patrice. So if you select driver and hit a wedge, what happens? Is the spin data consistent? Why do you have to select the club if the spin data is measured? Sorry to hear for the troubles. This is why having a unit and really testing is importanat. Keep testing 4 sure. Does the unit measure total spin or backspin or is it just sidespin?

Bubba, have you tried various clubs ?

I will try the same test using a 6 iron and selecting a 52° to see if I obtain the same kind of results.
    There might be a possible explanation.

Zelocity is insisting on the fact that the tracker has to be level with the position of the ball :
    Ensure the golfer’s feet and the bottom of the launch monitor are on approximately the
    same horizontal plane, i.e., one is not higher or lower than the other. If using the
    PureLaunch Tracker™ indoors with a hitting mat, you need to ensure the PureLaunch
    Tracker™ pods and the golfer are on the same level. You may need to place a hitting mat
    or object of similar height beneath the PureLaunch Tracker™ pods.
    It probably means that the ball has to be "launched" at the same level than the pods for "accurate" measurements.
    When one hits a driver off a tee, the ball is positioned above the pods...in that case, when we select a driver (default item that was selected when I hit the 6 iron), the software is probably compensating somehow the fact that the ball starts his way above the pods and not at the same level.

I hope my explanation is clear...

ps: we're cross posting...
    Last edited by patator; 12-27-2011 at 06:22 PM.

That's my point Bubba, why having to select the club ??? either because of the elevation of the ball when positioned on the tee or maybe because data that should be measured are in reality calculated. This is what found out clubfitter73 and other people from the Zelocity Google group. They all believe that most of data are "fake" !

As I don't have the 1.1.2 version anymore, I can't check if it was the same principle on that version (having to select the club to obtain "accurate results". Then, again, I look forward to CPA receiving his Tracker to run the same tests than I did

I had doubts when I bought the Zelocity..my doubts are becoming reality now. But, the positive point is that the new release seems to be better than the previous one...but what to think about the 1000 Tracker users (and 5000 for the PureLaunch) that have been doing fittings with data that don't seem very accurate.

Here is the information provided by the tracker:
    • Club Head Speed is speed of the club head at impact, in miles per hour or meters per second as set in Display Units.
    • Ball Velocity is speed of the ball after impact, in miles per hour or meters per second as set in Display Units.
    • Launch Angle is the angle of flight in degrees from horizontal.
    • Ball Spin is the total spin in revolutions per minute (RPM) that a golf ball rotates around a single axis.
    • Carry Distance is the distance the ball flies in the air before hitting the ground), in yards or meters (based on selected Display Units).
    • Total Distance is estimated based on the carry distance, angle of descent and impact spin of the shot; the calculation for the estimated amount of roll once a ball lands is based on a standard PGA Tour cut fairway or green.
    • Power-Transfer-Ratio % (PTR) is based on measured ball velocity divided by measured club head speed multiplied 100%. PTR is an indication of the energy that was transferred between the ball and club face at impact.
    • Club Face Angle (CFA) is the estimated position of the club face at impact relative to the intended line of the ball flight. For a right handed golfer a “square” face angle aligns directly at the target, an “open” face aligns to the right, while a “closed” face aligns left. These are reversed for a left handed golfer.
    • Angle-of-Descent (AOD) is one of the most important determinants of the total distance a golf shot travels. Once the golf ball is launched its speed gradually decays and gravity forces the ball to the ground. After the golf shot reaches its apex the AOD becomes a critical component of the roll or lack of roll that is expected.
    • Side Spin is the speed the golf ball spins on an axis while in flight, in revolutions per minute (rpm). There is really no “true” side spin number because the golf ball spins on one axis rather than as two separate rotations (back spin and side spin). Distance of travel is significantly affected by golf ball backspin while the direction is influenced by side spin around the single axis. This spin around the single axis is sometimes referred to as “total” spin.
    • Shot Deviation is the number of yards or meters the golf ball lands to the right or left of the initial target line.
    • Tempo is the time it takes for the total duration of the golf swing once the backswing commences. Tempo looks at the total time from the start of the backswing, top of the swing and downswing until the moment of impact. This measurement is expressed in seconds and measures to one hundredths of a second (e.g., 1.56 seconds).
    • Swing Path is the path the club head follows through the impact zone.
      Outside-In: Swing path in which the player’s club, on the downswing, crosses over its path on the backswing, ending up directed more to the left of target than desired.
      Outside-In swings typically result in pulls, fades or slices, depending on the position of the club face at impact.
      Inside-Out: Swing path in which the player’s club, on the downswing, crosses under its path on the backswing, ending up directed more to the right of target than desired.
      Inside-Out swings typically result in pushes, draws or hooks, depending on the position of the club face at impact.
    • Azimuth or Side Angle is the initial angle in degrees relative to the starting flight of the golf ball. Negative values for a right handed golfer indicate the golf ball starts to the left of the target line at impact. Positive values indicate the ball started to the right of the target line.
    • Shot Type is the resulting ball flight classification of the shot just hit. Shot Type reflects the initial starting point of the shot and the ending result. For example, a Draw for a Right handed golfer generally consists of the club’s swing path coming from Inside-Out followed by a slightly positive Side Angle or Azimuth with a resulting gentle shot shape from right to left of the target line.
    • Impact Position is the estimated location where the golfer’s club first comes in contact with the golf ball.
    • Dynamic Loft is the change to the loft at impact during the golf swing compared to the golf club’s original specifications. The dynamic loft or the loft at impact is a combination of the lean of the shaft at impact and the club head path and angle coming into the ball.
      Note: Currently the PureLaunch Tracker™ software only displays the Dynamic Loft for driver shots. Future releases will include the Dynamic Loft for non-driver club shots as well.
    • Angle-of-Attack (AOA) or Angle-of-Approach (AOA) is the difference between the resulting shot’s launch angle and the golf club loft at the point of impact. This angle is the steepness of descent or ascent of the golf club’s forward swing. This metric is important in determining if the golfer has a negative (downward) or positive (upward) angle at the moment of impact.
      Note: Currently the PureLaunch Tracker™ software only displays the AOA for driver shots. Future releases will include the AOA for non-driver club shots as well.
    Here is a copy of the Tracker user's guide for those who are still willing to buy a Tracker rather than a GC2 or a Flightscope X2

Patrice
    Last edited by patator; 12-27-2011 at 06:23 PM.

So sorry its not perfect for you Patrice. Have you contacted the folks at Zelocity? I suppose its positive that they are improving with the updates. Is there another future update planned? Perhaps that is something you can suggest with the appropriate data and suggestion. I just don't remember having to select the club when I looked at it? It is really hardto determine what is measured and what is calculated, isn't it. A lot of sims say they measure but really calculate spin. Sportscoach camera system is another that actually calculates rather than measure spin and spin axis. Measuring spin is not that easy.
    Last edited by bubba22; 12-27-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by patrice View Post
    Yes, you're right...I would say that once out of twice the shot type (draw, fade...) doesn't seem to be correct. The azimuth doesn't seem to be correct neither. It can be very easy to check on an impact screen (ie:the ball starts on the left whereas it goes on the right...)
    My shot #1 was a slight draw - it was analysed as a draw by the tracker
    My shot #3 was a hook - it was analysed as a pull slice by the tracker

I will probably never trust at 100% the figures provided by the tracker. I will more look at difference of swing speed, launch angle and spin for each session, combining different head and shafts.
    At the end of the day, I don't mind if the data are not perfect. I hope that at least, the results are consistently wrong in the same way

Patrice
    I have a hunch and it's not good. When you get a chance, try these shots.

Aim a little left of target and hit 5 straight shots, making sure that the ball starts left of target and stays left.

then aim right of target and do the same. I would like to see the results of all shots.

Btw, does Sean know about this thread?

Good test ZMax. Try that Patrice.

thanks for the user guide patrice

can I suggest we really lobby Zelocity as the 1.5 software is only beta and it would be good to get them to fix it as much as possible before release- the software versions seem to have a big space between them.

Patrice the user guide appears to be damaged ~ can you please check and upload again
    Thanks

Hello Zmax

I will try your test when the weather will allow hitting on the driving range.
    Zelocity is closed for holidays, so I haven't shared with him my feedback.
    Zelocity knows about this issue as it has been going on since the purelaunch.

Let me share with you two personal messages I received from 2 different purelaunch users who have been many times and many hours on the phone with Zelocity :
    ....All this because I was really ** when not only i spend hours on the phone thinking I was helping them only to find out it all was fake. In fact before I knew that Kenn and I talked about me helping them...
    As soon as I saw the tables and thus that all data was fake I did not even try to get the software up and running any more, wast of time!
    You are getting the same run-around that many of us got from Sean when the Pure Launch was first introduced. It is all well documented in a blog at http://msgolf.wordpress.com/.

I, Clubfitter, and others spent hundreds of hours on the phone and e-mailing Zelocity to no avail. Their product is/was flawed and after reading the Ottawa Golf thread I see nothing has changed. The Zelocity tech that tried to help us users was quickly fired by Zelocty, leaving only Sean. I don't have to tell you how he acts, you are experiencing it for yourselves.

If you are still covered under the return policy think seriously about sending it back. It will get no better that I can promise you.

Here is another PM I received following some of our comments :
    - Spin seems to be fake so carry calculations will always be off

- Sidespin (or better spinaxis) is not measured so flight curvature can not be calculated and therefore again carry calculation will be incorrect. Less curvature on wedges so less error on wedge carry calculations.

- There is more then 1 clubhead speed. The clubhead rotates during the swing so there is a difference between the speed of the toe and heel. Only when the machine is capable of measuring those speeds it will be able to determine which speed is the correct speed. However as it can not see the impact point most machine will give the speed at clubhead center. So a error margin is always possible. It explains also differences whit another machine like Sport sensors swing speed. The difference depends on the position of Sport Sensort. Try the same test placing it inside the swing, the heel will rotate slower and the sport sensor will pick up a slower speed.

- Left/Error : Those are not errors but the consequence of values taken from the lookup tables. Hit 100 shots 40 meters left and the Tracker will always report some shots right. Same as the PureLaunch. Is the data still saved in a *.zpf file? Open it with notepad, start seaching for the rootptr value in it. That is the random values used at the lookup tables.

- Zelocity's statements about AoA and Dynamic loft : Has always been like that even from the start of the PureLaunch. The machine is not capable of doing it with the current hardware.

Please not that every single time you will confront Zelocity with these facts they will replay exactly as they did when the Purelaunch users made those very same statements.

CPA

The file is 1.8Mo big, I can't attach it on the forum.
    Can you try to download it from the following link : http://dl.free.fr/pQJdtiLyK
    It will be there for 1 month.

patrice

Patrice the user guide appears to be damaged ~ can you please check and upload again
    Thanks

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Wow, that's terrible. Looking up values from charts that correspond to random values for a given shot characteristic? If that's true they shouldn't have any customers at all. That's terrible. Not to mention probably illegal for false advertising or something. Ridiculous.

Patrice,

I asked you to try that test because I had a hunch that spin axis tilt was not measured at all and thus side spin can not be calculated. Some simulators that don't measure the club or spin directly, will use predetermined ball flights based on the ball path. i.e. balls that start left will either stay left or fade back a little. Whether the Tracker uses a lookup table or has a method using predetermined ball flights, it does not really matter. The fact is there is no side spin.

As for total spin, that also appears to be fake just like with the Pure launch. Which is why club selection makes a difference.

I totally agree with the Pure Launch user's suggestion above that you should try to get a refund. Here's why. The test that I suggested will prove that the Tracker can not measure spin as advertised. The reality is that this might be a hardware limitation, which means no software update is going to change that. And there's really no need to even talk about the accuracy of it's LA and ball speed readings. Can't trust anything.

I'm really sorry that this is happening to you. By posting about it here, we should hopefully prevent others from getting into this mess.

Thread Information