CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge Vader is on a distinguished road

Which system offers best base to added on to?

I'm interested in setting up a system to keep my swing going over the winter. I've got a couple babes on the go so budget is an issue. I'd like to get a basic setup that provides a realistic environment and accurate feedback (in a range setting at first that can be added to over time to end up with a realistic golfing experience). Space is not an issue. Let me know what other details I'm leaving out. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

would like to keep starting budget to around 2500 if possible and add components over time to get best gaming experience

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    if you want accuracy recommend GC2 5995. you can just use the unit by itself on your own mat which will give you readouts on its portable screen for spin, ball measurements, etc. the others don't measure spin. no setup required - just setup and the light turns from red to green when it sees the ball in its field of view. no mats to build on platforms with sensors. you can then add modules later like you mentioned for the sim - fitting module to compare shots, balls, spin, shafts, clubs. you can also add courses either 1, 5, or 10 at a time later on for the simulator. you can also take the unit outside as a launch monitor.

if you don't care about measuring real spin and accuracy there are less expensive options.

i won't go through the history of the last 2 months but i started looking at the p3pro first becaue of price then prottee then gsa then trugolf/aboutgolf and landed on gc2 - best accuracy with real spin for the dollar. tested gc2 versus ones with sensors that estimate spin and big difference for me. good luck.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    if you don't care about measuring real spin and accuracy there are less expensive options.
    LOL!!!!

TheGolfer, you kill me. During your extensive research and testing of various simulators, did you get a chance to see either the PX5 or Protee(with 2 cameras) in action? Besides, don't you think the GC2 is a little out of his budget?

Vader,

Check out the link that bubba22 posted and also other threads in this forum. But according to your starting budget of $2500, it sounds like the GGS PX2 or PX2 lite is what you're looking for. Both of which can be upgraded later on with cameras.

i have asked Dennis from Protee and Martin from GSA to test their systems anywhere on the North East US. Willing to travel. They each don't have one to test in this area of the country. GC2 are now all over (golfmsith / Dicks are all converting over) plus a lot of club fitters have them. Trugolf is around and so is Aboutgolf (very pricey). But having said that I have tested several that either are in the same category of estimated spin or above - AboutGolf 3track, AboutGolf Radar (version just before 3track), TruGolf Newport (sensor mats / sonic), GC2. Protee and PX5 don't measure spin so since he is looking for accuracy and range environment didn't seem to fit. GC2 also published their error tolerances for the club fitters on their website and they look very good - could not get that info from any other sim company. I have tested several that "estimate spin" like protee and PX5 and others that "measure". GC2 is the most accurate for the money I have found that actually measure spin. I through it out there since 2 months ago I started with a 2.5k budget myslef looking first at p3pro I then quickly started moving up the chain form protee, gsa, trugolf, aboutgolf, and finaly landed on gc2. if you told me i would be spending 5995 2 months ago I wouldn't have believed it but after testing real spin and accuracy vesrsus estimated spin. Again he mentioned he is looking for a "realistic" golfing environment. For months I listened to people talk about the accuracy, big difference actually testing them.

other areas that seemed to match. you don't have a complicated setup of cameras from ceilings or walls, lights from ceilings, etc. You just put the unit down and hit the ball in front of it. that's it. no overhead lights for club head sensor, no cameras to setup and calibrate. i have talked to people that just started with the unit and used the units display that shows your carry/distance and ball characteristics - spin, spin axis, speed, etc then move up to add modules like fitting module and sim software.

Good luck. What ever you choose recommend you test it to insure the accuracy meets your expectations. Though I spent two months researching and testing it would have been a longer time ordering then returning and going through that process again. Best of luck.

With a starting budget of $2500, I do agree with Z that the GC2 is not in the picture. I truly don't think that not measuring spin means = not as accurate. Again it depends on your expectations. The about golf system measures rifle spin which the GC2 doesn't. Does that mean that the GC2 is not as accurate because it doesn't measure rifle spin? The fact is if someone says they want the most accurate for $400 dollars I would recommend the DD probably not the GC2.

Even the about golf system which the lowest quote I got was 35k (full enclosure / installed) was not as accurate as the gc2 with regards to distance and shaped shots. Lesson I learned is that price doesn't necessarily mean more accurate in all cases. TruGolf the same with 15k+ systems but not even close compared to GC2. Tested both the new 3track and the version prior to 3track for about golf. Most of the money goes into the enclosures and install I think. Point is we need to be careful on overstating the accuracy of some of these sims. Even GC2 is not perfect on putting - it rolls like a 14+ stimp which they are working on changing green speeds as an option but the non putting is very close to real world relative to others. on some draws it seemed like it slightly over did the draw every once in a while but now i am being a little anal retentive and for my playing ability that is a non factor.

my perspective is just to be honest and understand what i am trading off at a given price point. i also started with a 2.5k budget 2 months and had people telling me their system is highly accurate but as i learned what i was trading off i kept going to the next tier until i found one that met my expectations. so yes i ended up burning through my initial 2.5k budget unfortunately. talking to a few of the other gc2 owners seems like they did something similar and are also very particular about the accuracy. the backspin and side spin error tolerances are within +/- 50 RPMs.

also learned its a function of playing ability. i am not a plus hcp so i am sure their expectatons would be different than what is acceptable to me which is natural which would be completely different from a nationwide player and comletely different from a tour pro. if you are a 15+ it may not be worth spending money on a a simple LA. if you are over 10 it may not be worth paying for devices that measuring spin like gc2. i just picked these number as examples. i know some high singles that shape shots and i know some scratches that all they do is hit straight shots so that also depends. but the point is i learned when someone was telling me "accurate" it was coming from their perspective and when I heard it I was thinking from my perspective.

Your saying that the GC2 is more accurate than an About golf system. Really!!! Have you tested both side to side? I know you are high on the GC2 but there are other systems out there that are very good. I had a great discussion when testing the Zelocity today about some independent testing of launch units. Defining what "accurate" means in itself is not that simple. In any event the point is the GC2 is not in the $2500 range so Vader needs advice as to what sim is in that range.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Your saying that the GC2 is more accurate than an About golf system. Really!!! Have you tested both side to side? I know you are high on the GC2 but there are other systems out there that are very good.
    Bubba22,

He's high on something alright.

TheGolfer, our opinions and experiences apparently don't mean much to you. Less than a month here and you're already an expert on golf simulators. Yeah, OK....

i have never said i am expert on golf sims. i know my golf though. have spent a number of winters just testing shafts after shafts in launch monitors to refine trajectory and spin and my life would have been made easier if i had something like a gc2 that has the fitting module for this purpose. i also know from personal experience there a at least one sim manufacturer and reseller on this forum. i have listened to too many people tallk about how accurate these sims are and almost went out and bought one because of that. so yes went out and tested about golf 3track and their verision prior to 3track. Told by owners that the 3track measured spin and the prior version did estimated. Both behaved very similary. Tested TruGolfs sensor mat with sonic - systems range from 15k-40k but same sensor technology. Very similar without spin the shots started on path right but did not come back. Company acknowledged they do get this feedback from lower hcprs every once in a while. Tested gc2. To my surprise, shots reacted very similar to outdoors. Tried to test gsa and protee but nothing available per the companies to test in the us north east. but they should be similar to trugolf since they also estimate spin and do LA. Martin also has a very good whitepaper he wrote on the errors of measuring club head characteristics on his website via different methods such as camera, etc. Its a good read. Then the same systems use these club head characteristics to estimate how the ball will spin. different from actually measuring the back and side spin of the ball i learned which in hindsite does make sense now. i never heard of gc2 before i started this process so know i am not high on it i just spent a tremendous amount of time in 2 months testing and comparing so i can have an opinion based on my testing which i know i can do in a controlled environment since everyone else's opinions are valid but are offered from their own perspective and lense they view it through. if you remember i was looking at them all. it took 2 months to get through the bs and test a number of systems. its not rocket science to test them. if you hit a 170 yard 7 iron does it carry and roll just like it does outside. if you are its accurate if you are not then its not. do that for each club. do the same but draw and fade. period. yes the gc2 unit was more accurate testing shaped shots that both about golf systems. about golf will not disclose any error tolerances yet gc2 does so that tells you. it seems a few of you are pushing certain products and would probably benefit you to go out and test these also. the two owners of the abougolf system sat and watched and did acknowledge that for shaping in general most of the shots started on path by it was very hard to have them come back and when they did they were underexagerated. they also acknowledged the average player coming in buying a driver / irons on their system to purchase are not hitting shaped shots. this was odd since these should be measuring spin from what i heard. again regardess of the technology can't argue with the actual test data. it's not the technology that is making these specific ones i mentioned "more accurate" but the enclosures and custom installations driving the cost. i can speak to these specifically since i did the same tests on them. since gc2 is now becoming very common since most fitters seem to be moving to them and golfsmiths, dicks, and golfwarehouses are now changing over all their fitting systems. do reco to try it. i have no interest in pushing any product at all - just interested in testing to determine most accurate for my own purpose and no one else. i also do want to pass along my lessons learned on actual testing data so the next person looking at going through this process will have another point of view to consdier from someone that tested a number to compare. you saw how critical i initially was on the first ones it tested - too a point i was not interested in buying since playing on them was more irritating then fun - so yes the product surpisingly met my expecations after testing and comparing.

BTW testing a sim is not rocket science. again take each club in your bag, 10 balls, does the average carry/roll equal what you do outside without wind. This was like pulling teethe just to get these simple type tests confirmed. Also compare the error tolerances of the each of the systems. You can't since GC2 is the only out of the group I mentioned that publishes it on their website. There is a reason not to publish error tolerances when they are not that attractive. It make's sense that the company that leads this area to use that as a selling point and others to avoid it like the plague. They need to do that because the primary market is for club fitters.

i also did acknowledge the one negative i have found with gc2 - putting though it measures ball speed, spin, LA (very minor), path the redchain software specific to gc2 has the ball roll like a 14+ on the stimp. If you are looking for a sim to focus on your putting then not this one, but again most have other issues with putting and probably most people just have the sims auto put to avoid messing up their stroke.

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    At the risk of being banished myself as a newer member of the forum, to an extent I think some of you are being a little harsh with TheGolfer. While I do agree that he appears to be pushing potential buyers to a higher priced unit (he obviously has the additional funds to go up the ladder for something better ) many have a budget and must stay within it so when they say $2500, that is their max. On the other side, I do not know of a place where prospective buyers can try these units side by side and he is commenting based on what he was able to try hands on.

Now, for my suggestion to help resolve issues on which unit is better, particularly within a price range. Just like with a car, there are many companies out there with similar models that all survive because we all have our own preferences. It is all about having options for those preferences. I am still in the process of setting up a space in my garage area but once I have it completed, I live in the Tampa, FL area and would be willing to let members of these forums come by to look at what I have and try it first hand. After all, we are here to help each other out. I do have a DD unit and am working on Martin's PX2 without the cameras for now. I hope to have other units available as well in the future and no, I will not be selling the units themselves. My business is in another direction. I just think if I can help others relative to making an informed decision on an expensive toy, so to speak, I want to help. I would ask that others out there be gracious enough to do the same. I know we can not have our homes open to everyone that comes by but we can certainly offer to those with whom we have a rapport on this site.

As with most of us that post on this site, TheGolfer is trying to be informative about his choices and, until these simulators become prevalant enough that they are readily available for us to try in places on a side by side basis, lets make this forum as valuable to others as possible.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Understood jagmanjoe. I have 3 units that I have tested like crazy for over 2 yrs. The Protee is clearly more accurate than the DD or the P3pro. If someone says they can only afford 600 for a sim, should I then say don't do it and go spend 4 grand on the Protee? Absolutely not. Start with the DD and work up from there. What is the point of a thread that sets the price limit? In fact go get the Trackman or About golf over the GC2. The point is we all agree that the GC2 is a good unit. It does have its limitations (right/left hitters, lack of club data and price point being higher especially when you compare the cost of all the courses). TheGolfer is certainly getting a great sim but not everybody will go the route of the GC2. In fact as some of the radar based sims like the Zelocity Tracker improve their indoor capability and sim integration there will be more options. There are plenty of low handicap users of sims like the GSA, ProTee on the board that are very happy with their accuracy etc. I just don't think that the advice for every thread should be the GC2. Everything depends on your pricepoint and expectations. There was talk earlier about how the GC2 was not the perfect simulator and the tolerances for error were too high http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...fect-Simulator . One can be as picky as they want when choosing a sim.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    Tested TruGolfs sensor mat with sonic - systems range from 15k-40k but same sensor technology. Very similar without spin the shots started on path right but did not come back. Company acknowledged they do get this feedback from lower hcprs every once in a while. Tested gc2. To my surprise, shots reacted very similar to outdoors. Tried to test gsa and protee but nothing available per the companies to test in the us north east. but they should be similar to trugolf since they also estimate spin and do LA.
    So, without ever playing on either the Protee or GSA systems, you made the assumption that shots in Protee and GSA will be similar to shots on Trugolf because they all estimated spin? What about the Optishot or P3pro? Will the ball flight in those be the same as in Protee and GSA?

Here is what you wrote about your test on the Newport Trugolf:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer
    Just tested a TruGolf system at a proshop this evening....These portable units are really made to fold and unfold in about 30-45 minutes.....They unpackaged it for me to test. Since he just bought it he was stepping through the instruction manual on getting E6 started. Had some setup problems....Later on there seemed to be an issue with a sensor so he called again and they quickly responded.
    You also told me that you thought there might have been some more issues with sensor mat and that you needed to contact the company, thus holding off on posting a review.

So, basically you tested a Trugolf Newport that might not have been working correctly. You say that you're not an expert, but here you are, making this grand assumption about Protee and GSA, despite having never played on them. Do you even know the difference in the technology used between Trugolf and Protee/GSA? Do you even know the difference in their club sensor mats? Do you know how Protee or GSA cameras work? Do you even know how spin is estimated?

For the record, I was the first to post on here that I was dissappointed with a Trugolf Premium $45K simulator. I felt that it didn't measure up to the PX5. That alone should have told you something if you had cared to do any understanding.

Nobody here is arguing with you whether the GC2 is a great simulator. Bubba22 and I have been saying all along about how the Protee/GSA estimate spin well enough. Bubba22 is a single digit handicap and a well respected member. If fades/draws/hooks/slices etc... all went straight or didn't look right, don't you think he would have said something by now? I also check the resulting ball flight in GSA with well know launch software to varified that the correct amount of spin is being calculated.

Protee/GSA cost about $5K with cameras. They estimate spin well enough for us. Probably not as good as the GC2, but the GC2 with the same amount of courses costs about $13K.

Think about this example. Say the GC2 calculates a particular draw shot to end up 5 yards left of target, using measured spin. That same draw shot using Protee/GSA's estimated spin might have ended up left of target 3 yards more or 3 yards less than the GC2. Aside from the portability difference, is the 3 yards difference worth the extra $7-8K?
    Last edited by ZMax; 10-29-2011 at 10:12 AM.

I agree with Z's points.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Please let us all try to be more positive here on this forum. Let us hear what your simulator can do and not do. Not what you think other simulators are bad at!

I for one think it is great with all the new contributors on the simulator thread and would hate to see them leave again, because of endless posts with bickering.
    Like people did when the DD vs. Pro3Swing discussion got out of hand.

That said I would highly recommend the DD for the $2,500 budget. Read about its limitations on the DD thread. (With the new prices on thePro3swing that looks like a good deal too?)
    After a while you will know if you actually care aboutplaying on a simulator. If not you’re financial loose is limited.
    If you like it and want more. You will have gained valuable knowledge about simulators and most likely improved you game at the same time.

Bear in mind that you will need a good computer, a projector, an impact screen, stand mat and maybe safety netting if using real golf balls. That alone will cost you most of you budget.

I have ordered a Protee. I doexpect it will be better with LA, more courses ,better hitting mat but I alsothink that I will appreciate those features more because I started out with theDD about 12 months ago.

Thank you for all of your input. I didn't mean to cause any fights I was just looking for out all of your unbiased opinions. I guess what I'm really looking for is a realistic golfing experience at a price point that I can handle right now. I am a scratch golfer and work the ball both ways so this would be important to me. Ideally I would be able to get up and going right away with something that would allow me to keep a good swing going over the winter and then overtime time make a realistic golf simulation. I would prefer to hit into a impact screen instead of a net. After looking around it looks like I'm probably into more than 2500 just to get set up with the projector, screen and mat. So maybe like the golfer says my budget is a little unrealistic to get what I really want. Any suggestions on the best place to outfit your simulator with this stuff? Do you know of any guides to do it yourself simulator room setup to keep costs down? I appreciate everyone's input thank you.

3 Iron walb0034 is on a distinguished road
    Honestly, since it's for first sim (I have owned a DD, P3Pro and now a GC2) I would recommend getting the cage, screen, projector, and a DD. DD is a great beginner system. Play with it this year and see what you like and don't like. Then next year you can upgrade and you'll already have your cage, net, screen, etc... and just need to replace the unit. By then you will know if you want another sensor based system or camera based system, and can upgrade accordingly. With a $2500 budget I think that's going to be your best bet.

I agree with syhlif32 - let's keep it positive and informative.

Vader -

Similar position i was in 8 weeks ago. i had impression i can get accurate system for under 2.5k also. feel free to reach out and i will share any information i have including quotes I have for building up each system beyond just the units and it does add up very quickly which i didn't realize when i first jumped in just saw the initial unit prices. If you are scratch (0 HCP index) and shape shots then highly recommend you test these so you set your expectations. like i said i started the same 2 months ago with a 2.5k budget. i was not looking to spend this kind of money initially and looking to get the most accuracy for the money versus a lot of course games. i am a serious golfer not simulator player so my expectations were too high when i tested the first ones. i like to work the ball both ways also and vary trajectories. having tested 4, gc2 just happened to be closest to what happens outside. i tried to test more but 2 manufactures didn't have any to test in the North East US which I thought was unusual. i was waiting to post my analysis to be fair and allow the companies to confirm they were configured properly. Just heard back late last week that they were.. I need to get through getting my inital orders in for all the components due to lead times then I can provide some feedback. just provided quick summary for those that looked like they were in the same boat i was 8 weeks ago and tried to help.

Actually just finished testing last week. none of them are all 100% exact but this one was closest for my ability. having said that its not 2.5k. if you ratther forgo a lot of courses as a tradeoff for more accuracy and club / ball / shaft testing and analysis this may be an option but it does cost more money as you would expect. i gradually talked myself into a highier budget after higher budget as a tested each and was not satisfied with these specific shots. Like you my focus was on these specific shots. i realize i am either fortunate to do this, very foolish , or very fanatical about my golf - i think all three, but i need something for a teaching tool versus entertainment. everyone's needs are differen and there is no right / wrong. i have gotten some really good feedback from several gc2 owners via PM and in general most of them seem to be in a similar hcp group with strong focus on accuracy versus ability to play a lot of simulator courses.

if you want PM me and I will send you a spreadsheet I created for myself that helped cut through all the variables and do a trade on each one. just identified "my" key requirements, my weighting on each requirement, and my assessment on each system then totals up to get a weighted score. since all have their positives and drawbacks this just helped clarify which ones were more aligned with my desire. each person will have their own personal requirements that are important to them, different weights based on their priorties, and different perceived assessments on each system. Nothing is right / wrong just a tool to help cut through and assess all the variables.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by walb0034 View Post
    Honestly, since it's for first sim (I have owned a DD, P3Pro and now a GC2) I would recommend getting the cage, screen, projector, and a DD. DD is a great beginner system. Play with it this year and see what you like and don't like. Then next year you can upgrade and you'll already have your cage, net, screen, etc... and just need to replace the unit. By then you will know if you want another sensor based system or camera based system, and can upgrade accordingly. With a $2500 budget I think that's going to be your best bet.
    Now this is good advice and what I have been saying all long!!

Lob Wedge martinGSA is on a distinguished road

ProTee or GSA?

Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    I have ordered a Protee. I doexpect it will be better with LA, more courses ,better hitting mat but I alsothink that I will appreciate those features more because I started out with theDD about 12 months ago.
    Hi,

I was just wondering why your preference was for the ProTee system rather than the GSA PX5 dual camera and club tracking system with 95 courses for $4999?

These days the golf simulation business is fiercely competitive and customers can get great deals if only they ask.

I was actually think of doing something along the PriceLine hotel bidding scheme for golf simulators. i.e. a potential customer could put out an offer for a particular spec golf simulator and see if any manufacturer bites.

e.g. lets say your budget is $3000 for a system with full software, cameras and club tracking. A manufacturer with a sales slump and bills to pay might just take it.

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    Wasn't this thread also started as "which system is the best base to add on to" and, for those with say a DD or similar wouldn't the PX2 alone be a vast improvement for them at not too significant a cost.

Also, with the PX2 base, they could add in stages, the cameras, additional golf courses, etc. Let's face it, not only is the hitting surface significantly better than the DD, even with the DD optional covers but also with all of the additional sensors the PX2 would improve on the accuracy of the shots actually hit. Those with DD or similar units could upgrade at a reasonable price point as they generally will already have the computer, screen, etc. and then sell their DD (which are still very popular on the used market) to recover some of their costs.

Also, perhaps since many seem very interested in the golf courses, Martin might be willing to offer a PX2 combined with some extra courses instead of the whole range initially.

Any thoughts out there about how much better it is to go with more sensors, even without the cameras initially (cameras can certainly be an add on later, as well as deciding which cameras one might prefer).

For those who want a better system but don't have quite that much in the bank now might even be a good time for that partial upgrade with the knowledge you can add on later without having to get a whole new system.

Priceline for golf simulators, that is priceless Martin. The fact is that more competition drives the prices down with hopefully improving the products. Most of the sensor products are in the same ballpark with respect to accuracy, add ons and setup eability. Camera add ons are helpful for ball detection and the final piece of the puzzle will be spin detection. Add a cost effective spin detection add on and that will get heads turning. The fact is for his price of $2500 the GSA PX2 fits the bill. The ST1 is an option however there are at present no add on features and the future of Golftek is uncertain. Depending on the deal you may be able to look at the Protee. The GC2 is much, much higher in cost. Certainly starting with the DD and getting yourself up and going with all the base stuff (computer, mat, screen, projector etc) is an option. Then its a simple upgrade to a new sim. A lot of us have gone that route and I don't for 1 second regret it.

3 Iron walb0034 is on a distinguished road
    Bubba I honestly don't think any of us who started with a DD/P3Pro and then upgraded it have regretted it. If I would have dropped $6000 on my first sim and hated it, big time regrets. But starting small, hard to "regret" a $400 purchase that you get enjoyment out of.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road

Hi Martin
    Thank for coming on the forum.
    I did go with Protee because I did not get any response onmy email enquiries and phone calls to you! While Protee answeredall my stupid question sometimes several times a day.
    I would have preferred going with GSA. As the type of personI am I would have preferred building from OEM parts and really like the modularapproach you have.

But if I have to hand over $4-$5,000 I want to make sure Ican get service!
    An online shop might have got me to click away too?
    I do wish you all the best since you for surehave the most exciting golf simulator products and I do hope I will be a customerof yours in the future.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    I feel sorry for newbies looking for their first simulator. It gets pretty darn confusing in here! I also agree with syhlif with regards to putting just your foot in the water before jumping all the way in (i.e. Optishot). You need to find out what you really need and/or want.

We need to keep the forum helpful and encouraging for helpful posts. The debate over which simulator is best is getting somewhat tiresome. Hopefully, we can learn the merits of each system and make a wise conclusion from those.

My unbiased two cents

Agree initially there are a lot of variables to sort out. Please don't take my last 2 months of learning as arguing for one. I started this process with a clean slate. My preferences and expectations are completely different than someone elses and vice versa. Without any clear metrics for comparison the only way for me to determine the difference in performance for myself is to test 4 different systems myself and do the same test on each then compare. Agree, a little a*** retentive but for this kind of money i needed to determine if there truly is a difference to me otherwise if there wasn't i can save a lot of money.

Since I am jumping in and buying my first one (hopefully last one for the next 10 years) I have found those posts that offered logical insight into the differences among the choices very helpful. It also gave me an opportunity to have a lot of offline dialog with other members going through the same process (or recently finished) and bounce different ideas of which I am very appreciative of.

though if psace and others have already gone through this process and every couple months newbies like me jump in starting from a clean slate it may get old seeing the process repeat itself. given that a lot of people have helped me out I do want to pass what i learned along to make the process a little easier for the next person.

perhaps organizing the forum into categories for a lack of better terms "newbies learning about the first purchase" or "technical trades among simulators" versus experienced users that already know everything or something like that could help. then if you don't want to participate or see newbies posting you ignore that area. under the newbie section you can have the dialog about decision processes and technical trades among simulators which are very helpful in making a signficant investment. i know the concept but doing a very poor job communicating it and being new perhaps this is already setup like this. just two cents.

Lob Wedge martinGSA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    Hi Martin
    Thank for coming on the forum.
    I did go with Protee because I did not get any response onmy email enquiries and phone calls to you! While Protee answeredall my stupid question sometimes several times a day.
    I would have preferred going with GSA. As the type of personI am I would have preferred building from OEM parts and really like the modularapproach you have.

But if I have to hand over $4-$5,000 I want to make sure Ican get service!
    An online shop might have got me to click away too?
    I do wish you all the best since you for surehave the most exciting golf simulator products and I do hope I will be a customerof yours in the future.
    Hi Syhlif,

that's strange. I must have missed your mails as I usually get back to customers within hours.

We manufacture in Florida so service should be far better and a lot more convinient than dealing with a company in Europe.

It sounds like you were looking on the GSA Systems web site and not mine : GolfSimFactory.com. There's a PayPal button for every product there.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your purchase.

Thread Information