100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar

Golf around Tarpon Springs ?

Old bones can't take the cold so am relocating to Florida after Christmas for 3 months. Have rented a condo in Tarpon Springs which is north-west of Tampa. This whole area is new to me and I would like to play some golf at reasonable prices. Any suggestions welcome.

Sand Wedge Friar Tuck is on a distinguished road Friar Tuck's Avatar
    I lived there for 9 years and you are in the best place for golf in all of Florida. Low cost is the Tarpon Springs municipal golf course on Alt.19. before 8am it was $7. to walk but by now prices are sure to have gone up a little, There are just so many one of my favorite was Seven Springs and it was around $30.Then there is Chi Chi's own course there as well. There are just too many to mention. However that being said give yourself a treat at least once and play The Weston Innisbrook on Hwy 19 in Palm Harbour at the corner of Klosterman Rd. It is pricey but worth the price to see just what the pros play on each and every week.

Thanks, just the kind of info I'm looking for. Just checked Seven Springs site and they are still 30 after 1 p.m. I can afford that !

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    Echo Innisbrook Cooperhead and Island courses. Also in your area TPC Tampa Bay is not too far and is a nice track as well. Play it every year when I go down. Green fees will be just around $100 for TPC.

Played ChiChi's course for $20 including cart and $28 for Crescent Oaks, a track that was private until it went under and reopened this fall, allowing public bookings.A gorgeous course, especially if you like water, there were even wild turkeys wandering across the fairways. Found a great site paradiseteetimes.comthat allows you to book t-times for half price much like Executive and Reservations Master but the service is free.

Thread Information