100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    In a perfect, rich world I'd get a field turf floor, football style, with yard markers and the Falcon at the 50.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Personally I would not do dricore. Insulate the walls properly and your floor will be warm.

here is a good article as to why:

http://www.cqs.com/homeqa/dricore.htm

buy a dehumidifier if you basement feels humid.

I'm with Jeff on this one. We got a PVC flooring,made out of ,you guessed it, PVC. It goes on right on the cement floor,has a rubber backing,its completely waterproof. Bought a dehumidifier and all is good.
    The flooring looks like light oak and it is expensive but we did not have to put a sub floor(Dricore) Our insulation and walls were all redone too.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Budget for at least 55.00 squ. ft. to be on the safe side.
    Get a few estimates and dont take the cheapest guy as you do get what you pay for. All in all, we are extremally pleased with the results but it cost about 25,000 more than we thought. Unfortunatly, our contractor is here in Québec and does not work on the Ontario side and if he did,i would highly recommend him and his crew.
    Good luck with your project.
    Seems quite high for a basement, we did ours for substantially less. We didn't put in a bathroom in the basement though. I think ours averaged out around $25 a square foot, which includes carpeting, installation, drywall, suspended ceiling, electrical, painting, doors, hardware, trim, laundry tub, framing, lighting, etc....

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    If I compare with our neighbour who had his done, minus a bathroom, we were about at the same price as he was. Bathrooms are expensive especially having the floor broken and drain pipes installed in the cement floor. It was no bargain but,the quality of fit and finish is far better that what I have seen around. Just adding an extra window came in at
    about 4500.00. and the electrical panel was another 2000.00.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Hey Marcos, I forgot about breaking the floor. and the pipes installed. I didn't need any windows or electrical box added. Windows were big enough to bring the drywall sheets in for my basement, and a ton of space on the panel box for all the electrical.

I can see why the costs would be a lot higher for your job than mine...adding a window is no small job in a basement. I am sure it looks awesome.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    we paid about $20K for around 600 sq ft. That included a 2 piece bathroom, electrical, plumbing, drywall, taping, mudding, trim, doors, carpet, underpad, tile in bathroom, 22 potlights, framing, and i think that's about it. I painted the whole thing and did a few other odds and ends. So that's about $33 / sq ft.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    we paid about $20K for around 600 sq ft. That included a 2 piece bathroom, electrical, plumbing, drywall, taping, mudding, trim, doors, carpet, underpad, tile in bathroom, 22 potlights, framing, and i think that's about it. I painted the whole thing and did a few other odds and ends. So that's about $33 / sq ft.
    Thats pretty good Jeff. We did not want to do anything ourselves and wanted a turnkey operation so I guess we paid for it. Will post some pics of our finished basement and hoping you guys do the same.

Pics of the finished product. Enjoy.
    Attached Images

Looks great Marcos, very well done....

very nice Marc...I'll post some later.

here are a few pics of the finished product. It was right after we were done so there were a few things still to do but its now 100% done.IMG_0824_2.jpgIMG_0810_2.jpgIMG_0826+2.jpg

Very nice Jeff. Lots of room for the kids to play.

Thread Information