CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    bjllow8

Optishot and fairway to driver (new boy from united kingdom needs help)

Hi all
    i am in the process of building a simulator in my garage here in the uk for training through the winter (not as bad as yours but still bad enough ) its nearly finished i'm just waiting on the hitting frame with built in impact screen. i'm hitting the foam balls into a temp screen and first impressions are its very very good with the irons once all the specs have been put in,but when i hit my hybrid and 3 wood it all goes pear shaped with club face well shut. my woods and hybrid are the new titleist 910's which are black on the sole of the clubs. this forum seems to be a great place for any issues with the optishot. do you guys put some sort of reflected tape on the sole to pick up the sensors?. i have also painted the walls black and have dull lighting in there if this makes a differance
    any info would be great
    cheers
    brett

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    You will need something reflective on the sole of the clubs. I find white electrical tape to work well. make sure to mount it parellel with the club face. I use black tape to mask off the ends of the white so that the white(refeletive) is dead center with the center of the club face.
    Not as easy as it sounds! I made a template in wood to help mount the tape to get it the same way each time.

Not sure what dull lighting means. You need a light source with little or none infrared light. So led or flurecent works well.

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Have others found by taping the bottom of your Irons with Optishot that it made any noticeable difference that it's worth the time doing it?

Thread Information