CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road

LA on flop shots.

Just curious on what folks get for their launch angle on flops and what type of ball do they use.

For myself, I use Almost golf balls for most wedge and flops. The highest LA I can get with an Almost golf ball with a flop shot is around 40*. I can get it higher with a real ball but then, I risk damaging other things and myself. My ceiling is only 8.5 ft.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I am using the brush T ball. I find it feels great and has a better initial ball velocity than the almost ball. My LA with the flop and a 60 degree wedge is around 40 degrees but have seen as high as 48 degrees. Try the Brish T ball Z. You will like it.

Thanks bubb22. I take it the Brush T balls show up fine in the cameras even though they're yellow?

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    My Pro 7 has a maximum 40 degree launch angle detection. If I open my face with my 62 degree wedge, I exceed that. So, I modified my integration program to estimate the angle in those cases...basically take how much the face was open relative to the path and increase the launch angle by that many degrees. So, I've had readings up to 52 degrees...but it's really estimated so it's not necessarily accurate. It plays pretty well though.

That was my one big point of concern when I bought my system...a 40 degree launch limit seemed like a big limitation. In practice, I never exceed that launch angle on any full swings, even with a lob wedge...it's only when I get cute and floppy around the greens that it comes into play.

That limit of 40 is totally fine in my mind rdh. With the camera interface on Protee, one can go to the launch cam page and swing showing the screenshots of the launch and like I said it rarely goes above 40 degrees. Yes the colored yellow Brush T ball isn't and issue with the Protee software as it converts theimage to black and white and uses a greyscale for detection. You will really like the Brush T ball. I have the Almost, JEF World of Golf, Cayman and Brush T balls and find the Brush T the most responsive and realistic.

I'll pick some up soon. I think my local Walmart carries them.

Try them Z. You should like them. They do after a while wear down and break compared to the Almost balls. That is after a lot of whacks.

Received my yellow Brush T balls today. They feel better and launch better than the Almost golf balls, just like bubba22 said.

With my Superfast 1.0 driver, they sound too loud. My ears are still ringing. They launch as high as the real balls. On the first flop with a 60* wedge, I launched it over my cage right into one of the HVAC ducts, out of my LA measuring window. It must have been closed to a 50* LA.

I'm going have add more protection to the ceiling and cage before I start using these balls with my wedges.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Interesting...I guess that makes sense. The lighter the ball/object the higher you should be able to launch it. If you swing with your wedge under a balloon, you'd probably knock it straight up. If you swung at a heavy rock, you'd likely have a minimal launch angle.

Z how do you find the ball speed with the BrushT balls? I find the speed just. Bit more compared to the Almost balls. The only thing with the Brush T balls is that after a while they will crack and fail.

I think hardness of the surface has something to with it also. The Brush T balls are heavier and harder than the Almost golf balls. The Almost golf balls feel a little mushy, which I think leads to lower launches.

The big disappointment is that they too loud with my driver.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Z how do you find the ball speed with the BrushT balls? I find the speed just. Bit more compared to the Almost balls. The only thing with the Brush T balls is that after a while they will crack and fail.
    I'm not sure yet. I'll do more testing tomorrow to compare the speed.

Ya they are loud and do break. Another ball to check out is http://www.golftown.com/30-Distance-...lls-P1297.aspx. Good ball but I think the initial ball speed is slightly lower than the Brust T ball.

Thread Information