CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road

GGS ADX sensor mat and VX price drop.

This is a huge price drop. It now includes 75 GSA courses.

ADX sensor mat
    System captures club path, face angle, club speed, ball path, ball vertical launch angle and ball speed.
    USB connection

features super high speed ADC (Analog Digital Converter) capable of capturing 800 samples of a ball travelling at 170 mph.
    Price $ 3,999.00

The VX is now $1999

VX
    IR ball tracking for

vertical launch angle plus ball speed andball path

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Wow...so the ADX gives pretty much everything apart from horizontal ball launch angle/path, including full GSA golf for $3,999? That sounds fantastic. I guess this would be a great option for the other thread asking about a system under $5K.

The ADX does everything including horizontal ball launch angle/path.

I would have posted it in that thread but the guy didn't want to hear anymore about GGS systems.

Btw, the price used to be $5999 with just 1 GSA course.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Very interesting that the price is 3999 in one area and 4199 in another. One must be a typo. I would be very interested to know the accuracy of the sim. It uses IR for the launch detection compared to your Pro7 that uses shadow with angled sensors. If any users have the ADX please chime in and let us know the details of the sim sensor setup and accuracy.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Either way, that seems like a great price for a system that has all the basics covered. My Pro 7 uses IR detection as well - they're angled IR sensors that reflect back off the ball. The rest of the sensors are shadow-based.

Gotch rdh. Thanks for the info. I wonder if the ADX sensors are angled. Given how happy you are with your system this seems great for the price as long as its accurate. There must be some users out there.

I don't believe he sold any at the old price, but he should sell some at the new price. This is what the price should have been all along.

I agree it was priced high. Looking forward to some reviews.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    Martin told me on the Oct 7th that the ADX is on production stop due to a bug in the vertical detection system. Has this changed?

Really? Hardware bug or software bug? The ADX was finished earlier in the year. Strange for him to lower the price to move the product that is on a production stop due to a bug...

Yes that is strange. Perhaps you can get more info TheGolfer. I wonder if he fixed the bug.

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    Zmax:

Could you provide me the url showing the ADX update? I don't seem to be able to navigate the GSA site very well and cannot find any pricing information on the ADX.
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

It's in the product page. Scroll down about 2/3 of the page.

http://www.golfsimfactory.com/ElectronicSensors.htm

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    on oct 7th had email exchange since i was then looking at fitting sim short ways in my rectangle room versus long ways. since it seemed i didn't have enough space from the screen for dual camera system explored option of adx which looks like you can use for shorter distances to the screen. for the camera systems if they are too close to the screen he said it may have trouble measuring ball speeds at least for driver. he said adx would be a very good alternative but he had a "production stop due to a bug in the vertical detection system" until december. i didn't think at the time to clarify if it was sw or hw though. this was back on the 7th so perhaps he worked out the issues ahead of plan if you can get it now. i don't know anything about the price drops that zmax mentions above but then again i have not gone back to look at the adx since i am looking to make a purchase very soon - i have been saying that for the last couple weeks unfortunately

birdyman
    Sorry for hijacking.

Is ADX same as PX2 + MX ? I am thinking about adding MX to my PX2 because I do not have enough room for camera.

Not really because the ADX also measures launch angle. The mx add on will give you ball speed and direction but not launch angle.

The ADX is basically the PX2+VX. So you can just add the VX($1999) to your PX2 to get LA, ball speed, and ball path. There's an OEM version for $1399. If you're interested in buying this, make sure it's in stock and that you get a guarantee from Martin that it works and bug free.
    Last edited by ZMax; 10-25-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Gap Wedge jackhawk is on a distinguished road
    I have read the Protee and GSA threads and and looked through their websites, but it all gets somewhat confusing for the newbies.

For the experienced experts out there, how does the ADX compare to the ProTee sensor only option ($3929 on their website). I have read how the putting works on the ProTee sensor (not well due to head blocking lighting). Anyone know if it is the same for the ADX? I believe both are upgradable with cameras, etc. if you aren't happy with the data from the sensor only.

I am trying to keep this project somewhat affordable, but also improve/maintain my golf game. I haven't played golf in years, but moved onto a golf course a couple months ago and play a couple holes most days - got my handicap back down into high single digits, but would like to improve my consistency. I mainly need to groove my swing and keep it in shape over the winter months (which is rapidly approaching). Is the sensor only a reasonable upgrade from DD/P3pro or do you all think that eventually, the cameras, etc will be needed to significantly upgrade from the DD/P3pro?

From what I understand, it seems as though DD does a pretty good job for the pricepoint and fun factor, but if you really want to improve your game, it probably isn't optimal. Then again, it may be enough for me if I can get accurate club data with the optishot and work on the ball flight, etc. in real life. I have spent so many hours reading through these threads and manufacturers websites, but I am still confused - so your input is very welcomed.
    Last edited by jackhawk; 10-26-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Yes, cameras are needed to significantly upgrade from the DD/P3pro, if you were considering the PX2 or Protee sensor mat only. The ADX is a different animal.

The ADX will be a huge improvement over the DD/P3pro. Aside from better club readings, you also get ball LA, ball speed, and ball path.

The Protee gives club and shadow based ball path and speed, but the cameras can be added for relatively cheap($100-200).

If you plan on adding cameras for better accuracy, just go straight to the PX5 or Protee with dual cameras. PX5 sells for $4999. Bubba22 can tell you what the Protee price is with dual cameras.

The ADX is a sensor based system that has very little reviews, so accuracy etc is unknown. It probably is fine but no one has actually come out with a review. If you can afford, I would look at the ProTee with cameras or the PX5. You can get the ProTee cheaper by just getting the sensor and cameras and upgrading the putting sensor at later date. I do think this hybrid approach with part sensors and part camera is the most accurate.

Good point bubba22 about the ADX's unknown accuracy.

I believe the ProTee sensor does calculate LA, ball speed and ball path similar to the ADX. I think it is much more similar to the ADX than the PX2 (though I could be wrong). Bubba, I know you like the cameras a lot, but for someone on a budget, are they worth an extra $1700 or is the LA and ball speed on the sensor pretty good?

ProTee sensor with cameras (no putting) listed at $5600 - or can you get it cheaper than that?

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    I am currently in the same boat, Jackhawk. I have decided on the Protee but the question is, can the basic sensor pad detect launch angle and ball path accurately enough for real life. Or does one really need the cameras? I would like to know the difference in accuracy between these two setups.

I thought the the price was cheaper. The sensors probably are ok but again who knows. Rdh has a Pro7 sensor based aim that is great and has a good track record and has been reviews well. We just don't have a lot if info about the ADX. I do think cameras are probably more accurate but sensor based can work. Check with Cory and perhaps call ProTee direct to get the best price. That price may include the overhead lights, impact screen etc so make sure you know exactly what you are getting and really what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by jackhawk View Post
    I believe the ProTee sensor does calculate LA, ball speed and ball path similar to the ADX. I think it is much more similar to the ADX than the PX2 (though I could be wrong).
    Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    I am currently in the same boat, Jackhawk. I have decided on the Protee but the question is, can the basic sensor pad detect launch angle and ball path accurately enough for real life. Or does one really need the cameras? I would like to know the difference in accuracy between these two setups.
    The Protee sensor mat alone DOES NOT detect ball LA. It calculates LA based on what club you are using, just like the DD/P3pro/PX2.

The ADX actually detects ball LA.

To accurately simulate chips, flops, punch, fat, thin, toe, and heal shots, you need a simulator that detects ball LA, ball speed, and ball path. You need cameras if you want to do this accurately.

The ADX should be able to do the above but we don't have any reviews yet.

walb0034 got a quote from Cory at Par2Pro on a Protee sensor mat only for $3999. That is the best price I know of.

The PX5 at $4999 has the advantage of putting on a putting surface behind the trigger array. Where as the Protee requires putting from the sensor mat or use an optional putting sensor.

Psace, I know that you have the optishot and are looking for something more accurate.

Are you planning on getting the ProTee sensor only and seeing how it goes and upgrading to cameras if needed?

Did you feel the Optishot had good enough club data? I guess my main goal is to get club data to solidify my swing and make it more consistent. I occasionally struggle with pushes and hooks and would like to know what my club is doing to cause it. I haven't been golfing frequently, so inconsistency is to be expected. I guess I should get a lesson . . . but that would be a sign of weakness.

I hit the ball pretty consistently in the sweet spot and generally get the same launch angle and distance. When I don't, I can definitely feel it and don't need the computer to tell me so. I think it would benefit me to know what the club was doing when I mi it. Do you feel DD is good enough for this single purpose? I know the p3pro is probably better, but don't want to have to deal with the lack of customer support and suboptimal graphics/courses. My son will be using it as well, so it has to be fun. If I were to upgrade, it would probably be to the ProTee.

7 Iron tahosrfr is on a distinguished road
    On the brief subject of putting. What is the difference between putting on the protee vs the DD. I've heard mention of head shadows on the screen. I dont personally get them with the DD, why might I get them when I put on the protee? If I don't use the specific putting sensor protee has and just put from the regular hitting sensor, wouldn't it be the same as the DD?

TY.

I am going to the ProTee, probably with the LA camera. I may not use the camera right away, but will have that option. I don't know what the upgrade would cost if purchased at a later date. I want the light fixture and bulb and it is included with the camera option as well as the software for the camera. I don't really care about the putting sensor or the tabloid.

The opishot is a fantastic deal. I am concerned about my launch angle and it will not give me this information. Badly mi shots (shanks, etc) are not picked up well. The accuracy with the woods is a little suspect, particulary with the ball spin. Is it worth 10 times the money for the Protee? Probably not, but it depends on how much of a perfectionist you are.

tahosrfr there is a major difference between the shadow based sims and the ir reflective sims (dd and P3pro). Hopefully everybody knows the difference with respect to overhead lights, shadow vs reflective by now. DD works with reflective technology so your head above the sensors is ok vs the shadow based sims. psace you may as well get the cams right away as they are not expensive at all. remember with the Protee you are getting many more courses than the dd and a lot of the courses are the same as their premium courses. You won't regret it.

Bubba, the price of the premium courses for dd, is one of the main reasons I upgraded to the ProTee. Also my DD sim pad was falling apart.

Thread Information