100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    Hi bubba22

I have been having trouble finding a quality screen more affordable. Cory's screens look good but I thought he was selling the HQ screen at $80/linear foot which would be $80x14 = $1120. I need to go back on his site and double check. Hopefully I misunderstood when I was on the site. Let me know.

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    TheGolfer:

I purchased the HQ material from Cory for my impact screen and made it by sewing it up and installing grommets. I saved quite a bit of money doing it this way. You might want to look at doing the same and use a seamstress to sew it for you, if you are unable to sew it yourself. I installed my own grommets, since there are many self-help grommet kits available. It's not very difficult.
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Thanks for the info fhann. I will look into that. I will defintely need a a taylor to do it for me this since that's way out of my league.

How do you like the screen? How are 720P movies on it? Holding up?

Tx.

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    I really like it alot. It is highly durable, and is a great surface to project unto. I use real golf balls for my set-up. I have a netting enclosure that has archery netting behind the impact screen, and this will definitely help prolong the life of the impact screen. I have kept the back of the archery netting offset from the back wall of the garage a distance of 18 inches to prevent any damage to the drywall.
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Get the raw HQ screen for much less than that and get local seamstress to sew it.

Thanks guys. Took another look part par2pro's website.

HQ raw material = $40 x 14ft = $560 -> $190 less than foresight but then you need to buy the grommets and pay a seamstress to sew it etc -> maybe after all that work you still save a couple dollars compared to foresight $750. You do save a lot compared to the HQ already prepared.

HQ already prepared for par2pro = $80 x 14ft = $1120

Foresight screen already prepared = $750 (includes pocket on top for hanging via cable and grommets on side for bungee connection

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    THegolfer – enclosed is a picture of the foresight screen material that I received from them a while back. As I mentioned in the PM exchange – Its seems like a very durable material almost wire like vs cloth in the CDG screen that I have. The reason I have not pull the trigger on it is because of the visible holes that you can see from the pic. I was worried the image would be washed out because of light loss. I guess if you put something dark behind it would help.

I am on my second CDG screen now and already looking for my 3rd screen . The CDG screen that I have does not have any visible holes like this but I am also pretty sure that its nowhere as durable either. I am supposed to get Cory’s HQ material sample very soon.

Would love to get Cory’s take on his HQ screen vs the Foresight Screen in terms of reliability and screen picture quality.
    Attached Images

js1010 - very interesting regarding the mesh holes. I am going to call them now to discuss. I asked about hanging black material behind the screen if that would improve the image and they said it would. Other screen vendors also said the same. When i tested the image looked fine - similar to the others - but i didn't go close and look at it upfront. You got me thinking about these holes - i want to be able to watch movies to and logically it doesn't make senes to shine a projector light image onto something with holes. Curious if most impact screens are like this or this is unique? i will let you know what i find out. thanks.

Hi Cory - have you compared the sim picture and movie quality of the HQ versus the foresight screen? Interested in your assessment since he sell the HQ and it looks like on your website you also sell GC2. Thanks.

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    All the screens are not like this - I just got Cory's HQ material sample today and there are no easily visible holes like the foresight screen - HQ material kinda feels like cordura, actually.

It is really bright white so I could see the image looking good with this screen. Still think teh foreisght screen would be more durable.

I emailed Cory to see if he has seen the foresight screen vs his HQ screen and can give us some more info.

I personally would choose picture quality over ultra durability. I am on my second CDG screen - first one failed after 10K balls or so and this is with a net behind it.

just got off the phone with their team that helps with installs and shared the picture image. they did confirm that is their screen. he said they haven't really tested with HD movies but they did obviously test with the sim software. he said they chose this material for 1) durable, 2) yet quite. he did say if you hang black material (carpet, felt) few inches behind it the image does display better for movies. he said when they tested screens that were solid they were definitely louder. he said this material was a good trade for image quality and quite but yet still durable. not sure what to do. interested in hearing Cory's perspective since he sells both HQ and foresight screens I think.

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    js1010 - very interesting regarding the mesh holes. I am going to call them now to discuss. I asked about hanging black material behind the screen if that would improve the image and they said it would. Other screen vendors also said the same. When i tested the image looked fine - similar to the others - but i didn't go close and look at it upfront. You got me thinking about these holes - i want to be able to watch movies to and logically it doesn't make senes to shine a projector light image onto something with holes. Curious if most impact screens are like this or this is unique? i will let you know what i find out. thanks.
    For outdoor movies on a nice evening I hand white windscreen - a mesh material - between two pilings on our dock. As far as anyone that has watched the outdoor movies with us, we have never received a negative comment. On occasion, a boat with lights on out in the bay would pass and, unless it was a dark scene, we would not even notice that. Sitting 20 feet or so away from a mesh screen, unless you really want to be critical, I don't expect it to be such that you won't enjoy watching the movie. -- My view, don't sweat the small stuff, including the small mesh holes.

If you are as good a golfer as you sound to be, I would expect your shots to consistently hit specific areas of the screen causing significant wear, and would accordingly be more concerned with the ability of the screen to hold up. My golf game isn't quite up to that level right now.

I have Cory's screen and its great. Let us know what Cory says.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Sorry guys, but what do these posts about screens have to do with simulators under $5000.00? This is why it is difficult to find information about simulators when the original thread topic takes a 360.

Very good point psace. Lets keep this thread on topic.

Thread Information