CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road

Simulator under $5000 that is better than Optishot, Proswing?

Is there a simulator that is Better than Optishot and Proswing under $5000??
    I believe the Protee is $5200.
    I know you might say GGS systems but any others?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Also remember with the ProTee you can just buy the sensor and cams cheaper without the putting sensor. Being modular you can start with the main board and add later.

Bubba how much would just the sensor pad without cam and putting sensor be? Can you still put then?

Yes you can put through the sensor which will pick up your club and the ball as it rolls over the sensor. The problem is that those that hover over the ball when putting may block the overhead light with their head. If you stand a little bit from the putter you will be ok. That is why they developed a separate putting sensor. I am not sure the current cost of just the sensor pad. Why nit email Cory at Par2Pro for current price. Let us know what it is.

A manager at Protee said the most basic sensor pad and LA camera (it supposedly comes with LA camera now matter what, can't buy pad alone????) without the $300ish projector screen is $5200.

The Sensor Pad without Camera would be interesting price wise.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    The price of the camera is insignificant. $50? The LA uses the PS3eye cam. How much is the H-ball cam bubba22?

The hcam is about the same, around $50.

PS3eye camera? Mean it doesn't use the one they have pictured?- http://www.protee-united.com/images/...nsimulator.jpg

Price of LA "integration" software must cost something too?

BTW what happened to the LA Web Camera on P3ProSwings site? Can't find it.

That is the PS3eye cam with a casing. Great camera. That cam is used for the vertical launch. A second cam is used for the horizontal angle. Remember the su=im has a sensor for horizontal angle that detects it well so some may elect to just use the vcam. I think the hcam will make it even more accurate and still uses the sensors as a backup. I am not sure if P3pro are still selling their launch angle cam?

lol Didn't look closely enough on the tiny photo.

BUBBA that's weird that they would stop selling it unless a replacement is coming??

Well a replacement has been coming for a long time. Not sure they are venturing that route. My understanding that they were partnering with Accisport Vector to use the ball info for their simulation. I don't know how well that has been, not many reviews. Here is a clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS-CbY-cZSs. Quite a delay between hitting and ball simulation.

3 Iron walb0034 is on a distinguished road
    Sensor pad only is $3999 through Corey with 75 courses. You can't beat that if you are going with a sensor pad system.

Can you get the sensor pad with only like 18 courses?

What measurements would the sensor pad only take per swing?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    Can you get the sensor pad with only like 18 courses?

What measurements would the sensor pad only take per swing?

Thanks!
    How about doing a little reading now and then. You might learn something. Protee has a website.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    How about doing a little reading now and then. You might learn something. Protee has a website.
    Thanks Captain Obvious!!!

The company has stated what they sell but people on here are stating facts that differ.

SO if people have different distributors that are working in ways unheard of by the main reps then this is where to learn.

For instance the main US rep told me the cheapest I could go was $5200 for Sensor Pad and Camera BUT on here supposedly I can buy differently? Including dividing up the hardware.

This stuff is very confusing because of CONSTANT different reports being fed from different info sources, some official some not.

So obviously if someone heard different again like walb0034 did please let us know.

And I've already posted that the camera price is insignificant. Protee could have given you a price of $3999 for the sensor + both cameras. You can buy the cameras yourself for $100 for both. If you had read the Protee thread, you would know that the updates for the cameras are free.

walboo34 got a good quote from Cory. If you can get the same deal, jump on it.

That is the thing from what I previously wrote. The US rep said you CAN'T buy the sensor mat separately, I had to buy the camera plus integration and light with it for $5200 cheapest. That was a couple days ago from the US rep telling me I can't divide up the package.
    I asked him a couple times even quoting this site and that still was my response.

Could walb or bubba maybe take a guess at why there is so much difference going on there?
    That is also why I am asking if I can get less than 74ish courses, maybe different for others as well.

Thanks guys!!!

Just buy it from Corey for $3999, and throw your own light and ps3 camera on it. He has it shipped directly from Netherlands, just like the us rep would.

http://par2pro.com/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=156

I would suggest emailing Corey directly, but there the link to buy the sensor pad only at the LIST PRICE of $4299.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    Golffun - if you are looking for options for ~5k look at the thread below and research the foresight gc2. unit is 5950. no lights or cameras to setup. measures spin. worth a look.

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...itive-products

I wouldn't put the gc2 in the under $5k category. Even with 13 courses it's going to cost $8500. I think your bet bet is to buy a protee sensor pad for $4k and add a ps3 eye cam yourself to the system.

Hi GolfFun -

Agree gc2 is not under 5k but if you budget for a unit is roughly 5k then 5950 for the unit is worth looking into. but you do then need to add some coures (don't need 13 can go with 5 to start - if you are willing to trade off more accurate with less courses), screen, etc. not sure if budget is for the unit or everything in the room including the paint.

not sure how protee fits this category either. last formal quote i got this month on protee v2.0 with LA and additional putting sensors so your head doesn't get in the way of the overhead light for putting on the base sensors was $6200. without the putting sensor if you dont plan on putting is $5200. includes software, sensor pad, 2 lights, one LA camera. Still need computer, screen, etc. So doesn't fit this category. I think you also may need a hitting mat that fits the 2-3" sensor pad in (either buy one for > $750 or cut a hole in your mat and build up your mat) -still additional $. You can get it with out the putting module but if you want to try to put I am told you can't take your normal putting stance with eyes over the ball since it causes the shadow on the sensors so that's why i am told i would have needed the putting module. if corey is selling that for $3995 plus computer plus screen sounds like a great deal. corey is a straight shooter. I would confirm what comes with it . Is it their pack 1 wihtout putting and you buy your camera, lights? Not sure. But since this is way lower than the formal quotes i recently got I would recommend you research what you are and are not getting for that price just to make sure. who knows it could be a fire sale.

i was also looking at gsa px5 $5k - px2 mat with LA camera but this one has two cameras to be a little more accurate than just single LA but less accurate than measuring backspin and sidespin like gc2. includes - software, sensor pad, 2 cameras one from the ceiling, 3 lights on the ceiling. still need computer, screen, etc. http://www.golfsimfactory.com/ElectronicSensors - seems like it tracks ball via camera in z,y, and z space. probably one of the more complicated ones to setup though just in my opionon with 3 ceiling lights and 2 cameras one on the ceiling. still doesn't fit the bill if you are sticking with $5k for complete setup. gsa does have flexibility to order components under $5k like just their px2 mat etc and then add to it later which could be an option but honestly don't know much about those options. i looked at the gsa adx which is a no camera all in sensor matt option that measures ball spin/LA/path via the sensor matt for $3k and told you can use it in tighter spaces than the px5. suspect its going to be less accurate than the dual camera but again trading some functionality for price and space. martin did tell me he had a production hold on this until december to work out a bug in the veritcal launch system so just check wtih him before buying if you head down that path.

also read up on the forum to get peoples perspective regarding the amount of support you get from different companies for their sims. i don't want to get into it here.

if you do plan on adding all components like sometype of enclosure, netting (walls/ceiling), projector, mats, screens etc then at the end of the day all these add up very quickly. believe me, i have a spreadsheet with each one built up since that's where i started. at the end of the day if you are putting everything up then the gc2 is a little more than the others but having said that you are trading off a lot of courses to have more accuracy since their software is expensive to naturally i limited the number of courses. you also don't need the fitting module for gc2 which is modular but for me it looked great to group and compare shots, clubs, and ball preformance. now in my case i had to get quotes from electricians to help setup my track lighting on the ceiling so if you do that stuff yourself then you save a little there for the systems requiring cameras / lights on the ceiling - i just know my limitations.

Feel free to PM me anytime and I will share my information. Only recommendation is after doing your research to go and test your choice before buying to make sure it meets YOUR expectations. though it felt like it was delaying my decision by testing 4 systems it actually saved me time and money in the long run.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

After testing the Zelocity Tracker, it really should be placed in here as a sim <$5000.

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by walb0034 View Post
    I wouldn't put the gc2 in the under $5k category. Even with 13 courses it's going to cost $8500. I think your bet bet is to buy a protee sensor pad for $4k and add a ps3 eye cam yourself to the system.
    I have seen a couple of references to adding the ps3 eye cam yourself but can't seem to find the details on it. Can it connect directly to the protee sensor pad and is it triggered by that or is it being triggered separately by something else and being integrated with the protee.

Sorry if I am in idiot mode, even doing searches I am just not finding it.

The PS3 cam connects to your computer via USB. You need the drivers which I believe are in the ProTee software. If not you can download them. You need the current ProTe software to run the cam. The sensor pad triggers the cam.

9 Iron patator is on a distinguished road
    Hi

as mentioned in another post, the zelocity tracker will be shortly working with the E6 software (roughly 1000USD for the software). The zelocity is 5000 for end users and 4500USD for business buyers.

BTW, I received two different quotes for a GC2, the price of the unit itself is not 5990 but 6495usd.
    Here are the exact prices :
    GC2 - $6495
    GC2 + fitting software + 1 course - $8490
    Only fitting software + 1 course - $1995
    Only fitting software + 5 courses - $2650
    You're obliged to take, at least, the basic package (
    fitting software + 1 course) before buying the 12 extra (if I understood correctly)

Where can you get it at 5990USD ?

If the GC2 wouldn't have been so expensive, I would have gone for it. Finally I will order the Zelocity Tracker.

pat
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    The PS3 cam connects to your computer via USB. You need the drivers which I believe are in the ProTee software. If not you can download them. You need the current ProTe software to run the cam. The sensor pad triggers the cam.

Every quote I have gotten has been $6450 for the base unit and $8490 with the software and 1 course. Onlt theGolfer has been able to get the $5950 deal. Good question , where are you getting this deal? Perhaps others can look into asking for this deal. I have emailed Foresight about it but they haven't replied yet.

several resellers also quoted me higher like yourself before I got serious and negotiated. you can negotiate.

i went directly to foresight and they also negotiate: below is based on firm quotes directly from foresight i received this week. if you are a serious buyer PM me and i will put you in touch with the sales person. so far they have been very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable.

these are US $.

unit 5995 includes
    championship tour package (old 10 pack but now its 12 - website not updated yet) $995. other packs are 995 also most are 10-12 courses but some like fantasy are 19.
    club fitting module / learning center + 1 course $1495 (cost is really the club fitting / learning center that is unique to the gc2)
    club fititng module / learning center + 5 course $1495 + $750 (more expensive for 5 pack $ per course because they are spyglass, pebble beach, etc and lower volume than 10/12 packs)

shipping $65 excluding screen shipping.

even if you are not looking at buying the gc2 but need a screen you may want to consider their screens. i mentioned that because i am in conversation with a couple people online who are also trying to evaluate screens. They are cloth like material versus a harder/louder cardula nylon. Haven't seen too many in person but have seen this one. cost is $750 for 9ft high by 14 ft wide. haven't seen HD movies on it though which i also want to do. if you go shorter width its less money. they sent me a detailed assembly instructions on how to hang using angle iron, strong cable across top. insructions look very helpful compared to what i seen or not seen out there since i need the hand holding. they give you a detailed parts list to bring to the hardware store which is only a few $ like the angle iron, cable, etc. i have been looking for quality screens and its hard to compare reflective gain and other metrics. after recently working with foresight they don't seem to be a company that will sell cheap material since they are a reputable name in the golf industry beyond sims plus the golfsmiths, dicks, and golfwarehouses are now converting thier fititng centers to gc2 so their screens need to be sold commercially and take a beating from that consumer market. just another data point.

in order to negotiate (probably similar to other companies) they will negotiate if they know you are buying versus people calling just to check on list prices and window shopping. probably the same for others though.

recommend you test whatever you are going to buy to make sure it meets your specific expectations. i learned that from personal experience. interested in results for testing zelocity tracker for shaped shots and spin measurements. very cool if there is another portable unit on the market that measures spin and simulates shaped shots well. i used zelocity dopler radar before(not the newer tracker) for shaft testing / comparisons and the indoor dopler unit had a lot of problems with showing the shaped shots and spin. outdoors was much better but indoors at that time was a challenge. heard though they are working to improve that with the new product so very curious how it tests.

best of luck. regards,

sesgolf.com also sells gc2 and trugolf but they had less flexibility to negotiate. just a another data point.

The impact screen seems expensive. I have one from Cory at Par2Pro and its great at more than half that cost. Good that you were able to negotiate that price with the GC2. Hopefully new users will be able to get that price as well.

I was also (independantly) able to get that same price in my negotiations. The good/bad thing about the foresight screen is that it does not require a cage, it attaches to your side walls. Not sure how it attaches to a cage since it's designed to be attached to a perforated SQUARE tube.

Thread Information