CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golf software

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road

Golf software

I am curious as to what others feel about the quality of golf simulator software. I have always been a huge fan of Access Software and feel they were 10 years or more ahead of their time.

I rate the current software as E6>Ea Sports>DD>CustomPlay.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Is that E6 at the top and customplay at the bottom? I'd give the nod to E6, but not sure I'd put customplay (GSA/Protee/etc.) at the bottom. Given your comment about Access Software though, it makes sense E6 is at the top since that engine came out of the Links product...TruGolf is (from what I understand) basically the group that used to be Access Software.

I posted recently that I'm disappointed the software hasn't come further as we're now in 2011. Ten years ago I would have expected 3D rendered golf software to be near-photorealistic. It's certainly not there yet, and you could argue it hasn't come too far in the last 10 years, other than the fact that the software now has real-time moving cameras to fly along with the ball, which it didn't back in the Links 2003 days. I'm anxiously waiting to see the new red chain engine, hoping it will be a big step forward. The other thing though is that the software engine is one piece of it, then the way the designers use the engine to create their courses is the other. In the GSA software there is some noticeable variation in the appearance quality between courses, depending on how the designers used overlays, blends, etc.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Yes, I believe E6 is at the top and custom play at the bottom. It's only my opinion. I too hope the red chain update will be a big improvement. I may then move on a new simulator upgrade that utilizes that software.

Thread Information