CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Good questions to ask. The fact is that setup is important. Here is a video of the GC2 with an offset tee that makes the shot look off compared to the sim measurement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePU1u7dAQD8 Chaeck around the 1 min mark and the 0.9 horizontal. Just looks off due to the offset tees.

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    Yes, mat is off to the right - you can actually tell the software how far from center of the projection screen the GC2 is and it will put the center line inline with the gc2. These guys obviously did not set it up properly so it looks off.

Exactly my point. Setup is important for all sims.

Telling the software where in relation to the center of the screen does not affect the accuracy of the unit. To me it would be weird hitting off to the side and seeing the ball shoot up the middle.

Really whats important in lining up the gc2 so the edge of the hitting mat is parallel to the gc2. I have a t-square that I line up and have permanently against my mat and then against a little platform box that I have my gc2 on so its always perfectly aligned.

Really easy to do.

Cool.

3 Iron walb0034 is on a distinguished road
    It's really not that hard to hit off different surfaces either. You just need to move the unit. It takes no longer to do than selecting a new club with a sensor based system. Or like js1010 said Building a little platform on rails would be ideal. But the point is you CAN hit off any surface you want.

I agree walb. Just that most of us were under the impression that you did not have to move the unit at all for the various surfaces. Sure you can build something to move for the rough/sand panels or simply move the unit. I personally have used various rough/sand panels and was not that impressed however they are better than nothing. I still think the divot action mat may be the way to go. Btw how many users have the various surfaces?

I'm thinking of getting one of those fiberbuilt panels that are 1/2 rough and 1/2 fairway lengthwise. Then I won't need to move the gc2 at all. I completely agree on the sand panels bubba, not worth the money.

I think the fiberbult rough/fairway is a great option. The sand like I said is not worth it. Hey wal have you thought about getting a difot action surface? What are your thoughts on that?

I'm concerned that the divot action wouldn't work with the GC2. If the ball moves before it's hit, it won't read. This has been demonstrated and repeated many times by users on the forums hitting from a mat that slides around. When the mat slides forward before the ball is hit, it just doesn't read.

I can see the divot action replicating that on "fat" shots, and don't think it would be the way to go for the GC2. Then again I could be completely wrong, but I don't want to drop the money on a divot action either, just to find out that it doesn't work.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    for gc2 look at truestrike golf mat since you don't need sensors in the floor. don't like hitting off mats but for a golf matt this one looks good.

when i tested gc2 i moved the unit for drivers and wedges just to see if there were any issues and it took a second and easy. for home use we just mark the spots to move which makes it even easier.

also looking at fiberbuilt combo mat (rough / fairway) but don't think i will like the fiber material compared to a truestrike surface. but with this setup then i can do a rough / fairway surface and perhaps not need to move the unit at all since the panels come in a 1 x 1 square if you want. talked with the company yesterday and they can customer make their hitting mat to even have the 1 x 1 panels for sand, fairway, and rough in one hitting mat and the price is not much more than their standard hitting mat. they did say that the sand mat is the exact same thing as the rough mat just different color - not good for sand but makes me question the rough also.

never tested the fiberbuilt though so not sure how those surfaces are to hit from if it makes a difference.

question...

looking to use gc2 with my daugther. she plays competitively but at her age her tees are only ~2750. Anyone have any recommendations or ideas on how to use gc2/redchain in simulator mode but have her play from this distance besides using the power boost feature which I am told its either on or off and you can't just use it for your tee shot. shortest distances i heard are ~ 4750 yards for their course packs. i am told they don't have the ability to drop a ball and play tee off from there. it won't be fun to play 4750 which for her the equivalent would be for me to move from my 6800 yards to 11900 which i wouldn't even attempt to do. they have the ability to drop a ball anywhere on the course just for practice but not to play a game. open to any ideas?

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    question...

looking to use gc2 with my daugther. she plays competitively but at her age her tees are only ~2750. Anyone have any recommendations or ideas on how to use gc2/redchain in simulator mode but have her play from this distance besides using the power boost feature which I am told its either on or off and you can't just use it for your tee shot. shortest distances i heard are ~ 4750 yards for their course packs. i am told they don't have the ability to drop a ball and play tee off from there. it won't be fun to play 4750 which for her the equivalent would be for me to move from my 6800 yards to 11900 which i wouldn't even attempt to do. they have the ability to drop a ball anywhere on the course just for practice but not to play a game. open to any ideas?

I may be way off base here but, with software programs in general, you can have more than one of it open at the same time. If that is possible, could you then set one up with her settings and one with your settings and then just toggle between the two open programs -- you wouldn't have both balls on at the same time unless you did a split screen. The workthrough, as I see it would be to get the hardware - gc2 to work between the two open programs. Someone with a little more computer knowledge might be able to chime in here as I am just knowledgeable enough to be dangerous!

I don't think you can have two versions of the Foresight application open - although you are correct that you can do this with other windows programs. I am pretty sure they have a check in there to prevent this.

The Golfer - I don't think you can drop the ball during play rounds in order to shorten the distance for your daughter and I have never tried powerboost to tell you the truth. I know you cannot set a power boost per player so you are stuck hitting the ball a long way if you up this.

Not sure I have any other ideas for you, sorry

You should tell them that this is what you are looking for - you never know they may get this added in for the next software update. Seeing they already have drop a ball feature in practice mode I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to do this in play mode.

Probably an software upgrade will be needed. The Redchain will not allow droping the ball on the courses where as E6 will. Check with Foresight about this as a future software upgrade.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. GC2 can drop a ball on the course for practice but not playing, tested that. I did mention it to them but the reality since this type of change is for kids and there aren't too many kids playing golf and owning sims chances are it will be low on the priority. BTW the folks over at GC2 are extremely helpful and nice. I did give them feedback that the putting seems like it rolls like a 15 on the stimp which I am used to an 11 and they did say they are working on adjusting green speed.

It's funny, after all this I learned I want the GC2 because it is very good measuring spin along with their club fitting module which is fantastic for grouping and comparing shots and clubs but will go with another because E6 has this one feature. At the end of the day if I can keep her interested and playing several times a week through the winter along with practice on something not as accurate versus giving up after playing on something more accurate but the course is too long therefore frustrating I should go with the less accurate but more enjoyable for her. The ironic thing is the other choice is more expensive than gc2 to boot.

Thought about power boost but to me that seems closer to a play station / wii (haven't tested though) plus i need her to transition to determing clubs based on carry distances versus me doing that for her now so something that is close to real yardage would be helpful.

One idea I had is maybe I hit the first shot to get her close to her teeing area. Then just subtract those shots from the score to get her score.
    Again, thanks for the feedback.

You seem to want the GC2 after your testing. I am sure you can work aound the shorter hitting kid issue. You just don't want to get something that you didn't want and be dissapointed. After all, like Cory said its all about expectations.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    TheGolfer,

You said your daughter plays competitive golf. So, by next year, she'll probably be ready to play from the women's tees. I don't see an issue here.

Btw, I'm dying to read your reviews of the other simulators.

I fully expect my 5 year old daughter to play on my GC2 3x a week, as this is a major reason why I'm getting a home sim. Are the tees too far? Sure. But I'm not even concerned. So she takes an extra swing or three on each hole? I don't see her minding at all. When we play real golf, we usually just drop a ball in the middle of the fairway for her, but it takes all of 10 seconds to hit another shot on the sim. Personally, I would not be willing to sacrifice the accuracy, but that's just me. Especially because in 3 years she'll be playing from the Red tees anyways.

By the way TheGolfer, your inbox is full so I could not respond to your private message.

Or as an alternative, I can just hit her tee shot for her with a 7 iron to shorten up the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    TheGolfer,

You said your daughter plays competitive golf. So, by next year, she'll probably be ready to play from the women's tees. I don't see an issue here.

Btw, I'm dying to read your reviews of the other simulators.
    Its not that easy. she has played 15 competitions this year (not counting casual rounds). they need to walk but can have a caddy. at 6-7 they plan 2750-3000 yards. immediately going to 4800 is just not realistic. its like asking me to go from 6800 to 12000 and just hit driver then several fairway woods just to begin playing the hole. put a bullet in my head after walking 18 doing that. she learned quickly how distance dramatically determines your score so on non tourmanet weekends she has me play from the tips (she thinks its funny but it makes the matches competitive). long story short its not that simple but they do increase the tees each year to get to full regulation. when she was 5 i we played at a commercial sim place and they had 5000 yards and she did get frustrated with hitting driver, and several clubs just to get in position. She likes making pars and birdies but when she starts getting numbers like 6, 7, 8 on the card she gets pretty upset.

i think the solution of me just hitting the first shot to get her in her tee position will work. just subtract off the storkes from her score. then i get best of both choices. TruGolf who writes E6 got back to me tonight and said I can't drop a ball anywhere and play but can drop it anywhere and practice that hole. since that is the case its gc2 and just help her on the first shot and subtract it off her score. I was looking at doing the same with putting since the gc2 rolls like a 15 which is very fast relative to our club's 11 and i don't want to mess with her putting touch. so I was thinking of just marking the distance from the hole, up or down, or sloped and use her putting greens in the basement to hole the ball out. the cool thing is the rounds will go much quicker and can get even more in then. Appreciate the feedback.

sorry for the clogged box. been getting a lot of PM. i am cleaning it up. thanks for the heads up.

That's interesting that Trugolf said it can't be done with their E6. 100% can be done with E6 in the demo mode. I have been playing with my son for the past few weeks doing that.

Agree Bubba222 - that's what I just shot back to them tonight saying for them to look into the "demo" mode. Should have a response tomrorow. It's possible the sales person just responded without knowing about the demo mode. Why do the call it demo mode if its in stroke play? Can you play all courses like this? Any limitations? curious what TG comes back with tomrorow.

i just took my course yardage from tips scaled each whole back by same % to get 4800 yards. then put in her distances. took the difference by hole. its really not a lot for me to hit the first shot to get her positioned. i had in my head it would be bigger because i was thinking from the tips not 4800. perhaps i just have her play that but increase her par by 1 for each hole for this winter to account for the extra shot from the tee. few options it seems. thanks.

bubba22 - i will keep you posted on what TG says about E6.

I agree no biggie with the tees. Let me know what E6 says.

Just saw this on the golfdigest.com website about the new hotlist equipment for next year.

"
    7. The GC2 could change your game

"There were (literally) a ton of products at the Hot List Summit, but the one that might have been the best combination of ease of use and effectiveness might have been the GC2 launch monitor from Foresight Sports. The device sets up in seconds and when matched with a clubfitting software package easily lets you compare one product vs. another. Word is these relatively inexpensive devices are cropping up everywhere, and since they easily fit in the apparel pocket of a tour-sized staff bag, top players are purchasing them, too. Rickie Fowler is the latest owner, tweeting last week: 'Getting in some testing with my boy Grant from @ForesightSports & my new GC2 launch monitor...crazy how accurate it is.'"

--Mike Stachura, Senior Equipment Editor, Golf Digest; Hot List Judge

Read More http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equip...#ixzz1cD0Wmp00"

very cool that its out. the folks at gc2 were telling me to watch for the new hot list. they said they got a lot of great feedback on using the device during the equipment testing. regardless of my testing the company does seem to be taking off with this unit.

Gap Wedge Simages is on a distinguished road Simages's Avatar

GC2 purchase....

I'm wondering if I can get away with purchasing a modified SES Golf Training Center package and setting it up in a 11’2”x14’.2” room with a 9' ceiling? Otherwise I need to convert my open floor plan living room / Kitchen and Dining room.....

However; I was looking at the Net Return Pro Multi Sport Net

and the 4' x 5' Dura-Pro Plus SPRING TECH Golf Mat

gc2 users - what hitting mats are you using with your unit?

I have a 1.5" thick 4x6 which shifts slightly when you hit it. Need to find one that is heavier. Interested in what you are using?

Thanks.

I bought the Advantage GT Plus mat from this company

http://www.tartanturf.com/

not the best website - but the GT Plus mat has a rubber base that is pretty heavy - I have some double sided carpet tape under it as well. Its been almost 2 years now and has held up pretty well. I also bought the high density mat for the section that I hit from. I like it - was around 600-650 I believe.

Might do the True strike mat next time

Thread Information