CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P3pro software

Gap Wedge diggler is on a distinguished road

P3pro software

I just got this email about updated software. I'm looking forward to updating it.

Here is a list of the changes you will find in this version:
    · Putting has been changed to improve accuracy of distances.
    ·Chipping (and everything within 50 yards of the pin) has been overhauled to give you a more realistic experience.
    ·Ball lie now has an effect on the distances of your shots.*** We have utilized the same penalty system as you have experienced within our core P3ProSwing software.
    ·You will now find an informative Stats Window displayed on the same screen while you’re taking your shot

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Is this an update to the Red Chain virtual course software? If so, it's about time.

Gap Wedge diggler is on a distinguished road
    Yes... I'm trying to install it right now.

7 Iron readygolf is on a distinguished road
    Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Right...but the other sim companies generally already had this stuff. P3Pro has taken a long time to catch up.

Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Right, but (I think) the other companies have their own rough/sand penalty factors in their interfaces. I built my own interface for my Pro 7, so I have adjustments definable in there (eg. 5% distance penalty for rough, 10% penalty for heavy rough, etc.). I thought ProTee and GGS had done something similar in their interfaces.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Yes RDH you are right. These changes are in the interface of ProTee and I am sure GSA. Perhaps Z can comment. I think P3pro has been slow to develop this addition. Any comments Z?

GSA relies on Red Chain to flight the ball. GSAcontrol just hands off all the necessary club, ball, and soon spin(hopefully) to Red Chain. I'm not sure about Protee but I suspect they also use Red Chain to flight the ball. It's just that Protee does not really have an interface.

ProteePlay has options for rough and sand penalties bubba22? GSA has that now but it's done through Red Chain.

Perhaps the answer depends on how much options or controls you have over the Red Chain software. For GSA, Protee, and maybe GC2, I would say no at the moment. The P3pro on the other hand, had the ability to adjust just about everything about the ball flight(for Red Chain). So, yes, I can say that the P3pro controls the ball flight in Red Chain.

As for the ball lie penalties, P3pro always had the ability to control that but it didn't work until now because they either needed to fix their interface or needed an update from Red Chain to allow it.

Btw, I wonder if P3pro some how came upon my tweaks?????

I'm gonna go out on a limb here an say that readygolf is on P3pro's pay roll. Buyer beware.

No proof. Just MHO.

For ProTee there is an option in the interface to adjust for penalties such as sand and rough etc. We also can adjust the spin, drag and lift, launch angles so really most if the ball flight.

GSA can do all that too but they're all done within GSA/Red Chain and not GSAcontrol. Protee on the other hand, does not really have an interface right? Is it more like ProteePlay is a layer above the Red Chain engine?

I think we're splitting hairs...

I think your right Z. Bottom line is we have control over how the ball flies etc whereas P3pro did nor for whatever reason.

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Any Update on how the New software update for P3ProSwing works for someone who got to test it?

Putter gravedigga is on a distinguished road

problems updating

Does anyone else have trouble updating? I'm on a Mac running Bootcamp and have XP installed. Some of the things they say to do in the instructions I don't see as options...

I wish I was on their payroll

To bad I live so far away from them.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road

Post P3ProSwing Virtual Course Update Info

First let me state that I believe that I'm the only one P3ProSwing's payroll that posts to this forum. Since we're a company of only 5 Full-Time & 2 Part-Time employees, I think it's safe to say I have a handle on who comes here. readygolf was posting here, I believe, before I ever brought this forum to the attention of others here.

Ok.. Now, on to the update info. This is a P3ProSwing only update. It does not affect any other companies that use the 'GSA/Red Chain' software. The update consists of updates to both pieces of software. There is also an additional update that is necessary but not in the email being sent out that needs to be made to fix the chipping issue. This file was missed in the original update release. If you own the product, you can contact P3ProSwing's sales department and they will provide the links. They also have the link for this file that was inadvertently omitted during the update email.

There are a number of fixes within this update and also a new Statistics box (on the hitting screen). The VC Interface can now be set to 'Never display swing statistics' without issue. You can also choose to disable the the 'Swing Analysis' from the Virtual Course software since most of this information is now on the front page.

For the record, P3ProSwing controls controls ball flight within the Virtual Course Software (via the interface) from the time the ball is struck until the time it first hits the ground. The Virtual Course software then takes over. So bounce, roll & putting is controlled by them based on the statistical information (such as velocity, angle, etc.) passed at the time of impact.

Hopefully that clarifies everything.

P3ProSwing Technical Support

P.S. I do not visit the forum very often now, so Technical Support questions should be directed through our company website.

If your still around could you post a picture of the New Analysis screen? Thanks!

Post Stats Anaylsis screen

I'll do so when I get to work.

As usual Chasiv, thank you for the information. The question that some P3pro users have is why has it taken so long to correct what seems to have been a fairly simple problem? We could go back even farther and ask why it took so long to get the virtual courses up and running prior. That, I think is where some of the frustration that som P3pro users have had. I mean it has been a long time since the courses were released and this update available, especially given that some users were able to improve the simulation even with there limited available resources.

Here is the screenshot as promised:

Screenshot with Stats.jpg

Bubba - I'm not the one who makes those decision. I think one of the major misconceptions is that P3ProSwing is this large firm that has unlimited resources. That is not the case. Our company consists of a total of 5 Full-Time employees and 2 Part-Time employees. All programming changes go through outside consultants, so we have to work with their schedules as our software is not their only priorities.

Regardless, I simply came here to provide a clarification on the Virtual Course Update that came directly from us. I surely do not want to get into a debate on company logistics. I simply try the best I can to support the product. I've often got myself into a bad situation providing information as it was provided and then have it change. Thus, I've avoided posting anything until after release point.

Understood Chasiv and once again thank you for all your help. I will say it again you are awesome for the company. I just wish they would look at hiring a computer person that will allow for quicker software updates etc. It just seems slow to me.

Quote Originally Posted by diggler View Post
    I just got this email about updated software. I'm looking forward to updating it.

Here is a list of the changes you will find in this version:
    · Putting has been changed to improve accuracy of distances.
    ·Chipping (and everything within 50 yards of the pin) has been overhauled to give you a more realistic experience.
    ·Ball lie now has an effect on the distances of your shots.*** We have utilized the same penalty system as you have experienced within our core P3ProSwing software.
    ·You will now find an informative Stats Window displayed on the same screen while you’re taking your shot
    Just received this same email today even though I no longer have the virtual courses. I can't confirm that the ball lie penalties are working but, after taking a look at the some of the files, I can definitely confirm that chipping has been fixed.

The chipping issue was an easy fixed that only took me an hour to fix and test. Why on Earth did it take them over year to send this fix out is beyond me.

The email did not mention anything about a fix for the tree issues, where balls were going through them.

The other big issue that did not get fixed was the ball flight. Perhaps they felt it was already perfect...or, to put it in there terms, "Balls dead accurate!"

Chipping

I'm sure you think you know what was done ZMax, but I can assure you that the change that was executed is not the same as what you think -- Unless you've hacked the Virtual Course software and made changes to the internal code.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    I finally got a chance to try out the new updates on the GSA courses. I am happy to say that they have fixed a lot of the issues.
    You now do have a penalty for sand, rough etc and hitting a tree trunk will deflect your ball but the foliage still does not but it may not on other systems either (not sure on that). Can’t remember for sure but I think before you could hit the trunk of the tree as well. Also you can bounce one off a tent or wall but again I don’t think this was a change. By having the penalty added to sand does make the bunker issue a lot better, however you can still tweak things to help that even more. I like a higher loft on the sand wedge. Fooling with settings you can get the ball to stop dead on the green or back it up off the green so that is nice to have a way to customize the feel you want.

I’m sure this may already have been in the last version but if not I noticed that the angle of the ball hitting the ground will change how far it rolls. Bumping a driver down the fairway with a quarter swing will generate more roll than a full driver landing in the fairway which you can run a shot up to the green.

Also with the new window of info they show a launch angle which in the past was just an angle matched with the club you used. This number however does change slightly (only a .1 or .2) but trying to hit down or create lift changes that number. Not sure how much that changes the ball flight. It must use the amount of descent coming into the impact zone to calculate that variance.

I am a little more forgiving in my exspectations of this simulator for the price range, but if this fix had come out a mounth or so after finding the faults it may have saved a lot of bad feelings toward the P3Pro. However I am sure P3Pro also wanted a fix as soon as they could and it just took a lot longer than we might have thought.

This does make the GSA courses play a lot better and for those who like to tweak, you can.

It just took way too long for a fix to come out. I mean when is the next fix due out? It may be a year for all we know. Hopefully they can work to improve this.

SFR overall how would you rate the New Courses (redchain) and the integration now?

Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    SFR overall how would you rate the New Courses (redchain) and the integration now?
    The big issue before was that there was no penalty for rough or sand traps etc, and then you could not get out of a green side bunker that had any depth to it. You would swing hard enough to get the height but then the ball would sail over the green. Swing softer and it would not get up high enough to clear the lip. Now with a 50% penalty you can swing hard and get the height but only half the distance so it stays on the green and you can get it to bite. (although I had my own fix for this but it made the SW a bunker only and half the distance club)

As far as the GSA courses, I have nothing other than Desert Dunes and Highlands to compare to, so it is much better than the stock P3Pro courses. Also now that you do have penalty for rough and sand etc. it will play a lot better. I still tweak the settings so it plays the way I want it to. At least now you can do that now that the one area has been fixed. One thing I can't get is the ball to back up (back spin) on the P3Pro courses like you can on the GSA.

I guess the GSA courses always looked great, now they just play better with the fix. Still working on what can be adjusted and what has no effect in the GSA. Would have liked to make the cup a bit bigger as putting and the weight is hard to read.

So what are all the big problems that are holding the NEW courses back? Or are they basically fixed now?

What features are missing?

Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    So what are all the big problems that are holding the NEW courses back? Or are they basically fixed now?

What features are missing?
    I think with what they have done is about as much as they can. I don't know a bunch about the Redchain GSA courses for other sims but what was lacking for the P3Pro is now fixed. I don't think it is possible to have the foiliage of the trees in play as that seems to be somthing the GSA courses or Redchain would have needed to do, but that would be one thing I can think of off hand as well as making the hole a bit bigger to make putting a bit easier if you wanted to. I have the old launch angle feature on my older version but I still don't think it would work on the GSA courses but I also have not tried. I don't think it would but will try it in the next few days.

I enjoy playing with settings and tweaks and would think it would be a bonus for them to tell people how to do it, that way you could have a custom setup if you were not happy with the stock settings. If I was unable to do that I would say I would not be happy with the extra cost for the GSA courses but being able to do just that, I think I will enjoy my courses now and can justify the $$ spent.

So if you want more slice, more backspin, more roll on the fairway and green, more roll on a certain club, higher launch on a club, more distance on all or just one club or more penalty for sand or heavy rough, these can be adjusted. They just are not stock adjustments.

Thread Information