CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    9 Iron patator is on a distinguished road

Question Zelocity tracker - advise

Hello

I m looking at buying a zelocity tracker. It seems better than the purelaunch version (lots of calculation vs measurement issues)
    i read some posts that were created last year, stating that it was ok, but that there was an issue with the clubface/clubpath and that a software upgrade was necessary.

Well, i wouldnlike to know if somebody is using or has been using the zelocity tracker. How do you like it ?

Thanks
    Pat
    Ps : i will be using it outdoor for personal practice and fitting sessions

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    From all I have read I would stay away from Zelocity. There are better launch monitors such as the Flightscope, GC2 etc that I would recommend based on general info.

Hi bubba

Tx for the feedback.
    I was willing to buy a flightscope x2 or a gc2, but i find them very expensive.
    I m only going to use the launch monitor 2 to 3 times a month.
    For less than 2000usd, i believe the zelocity tracker could be a good value for money.
    A former owner of the tracker told me that, the newest version with the pods including deflective shields, is working well. But i don t know how good it is in terms of accuracy.

Patrice

3 Iron tarmactrr is on a distinguished road
    I've played around wth a Purelaunch before as I was thinking of buying one. Overall, outside it seemed fairly accurate. Swingspeed, seemed to read a bit high, but the ball speed, and flight was right. Spin was a who knows, as it uses the club to estimate the spin rather than actually measuring it. Also the one I tried was ran by a PGA pro who used to work as a Zelocity Salesman, so he had said it's strengths are the first 60 yards, as that's all the radar can track for. The rest is done using calculations based on that first 60 yards. I found the software to be subpar, especially when comparing it to Flightscope or Trackman. Infact the one I was using was using a Ping Swing analyzer software because it was much better than the Zelocity software. Finally another thing I'll point out is I had tried 3 different times to get on it, and this particular unit was broken/needing repair 2 of the three times.

Well it probably is ok. If you can get your hands on one to test it would be my advice. Here is some more info http://www.clubmakersguild.com/forum...ead.php?t=2973 , http://groups.google.com/group/zeloc...9a5813f2a0b270 , http://groups.google.com/group/zeloc...c4fd77eb55f19a
    Ialso started a launch monitor thread some time agaothat discussed the Zelocity http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...aunch-Monitors
    It may very well be an all right unit but the reviews you admit are not "GLOWING". Perhaps the shadow of issues with the original purelaunch is tainting the soil here. It certainly looks like a different beast and if the price is right it may satisfy your needs.
    BTW I thought they were around 4-5 grand? Is that a used unit for 2 grand?

Thanks for the input tarmactrr. Only tracks 60 yards? I personally have tried the Flightscope and Trackman and feel they are both solid units especially outdoors. The Flightscope would be my suggestion simply because it is cheaper than the Trackman and probably as good although I see that the Trackman is coming down in price.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Thanks for the imnput tarmactrr. Only 60 yards? I personally have tried the Flightscope and Trackman and feel they are both solid units especially outdoors. The Flightscope would be my suggestion simply because it is cheaper than the Trackman and probably as good although I see that the Trackman is coming down in price.
    Yes, and the guy had mentioned that both Flightscope and Trackman use much stronger radar which allows it to track the entire flight of the ball on those units. I'm not sure how far the radar works on the new 3d purelaunch, but on the older 2d one he had mentioned it was around 60 yards.

Thanks for your help.
    I read all the posts on the zelocity forum...they mainly talk about the purelaunch and not the tracker.
    Sean, from zelocity, told me they have 1000 customers using the tracker. I hoped that some customers would have been happy.
    To answer your question, yes it s a second hand unit. The normal price is 4500usd.

The x2 looks very good (ipad software, wifi, very accurate..) but it s over budget for me (8500usd).
    I could afford the gc2 (6500usd) but what stops me is that it looks like the club head speed at impact is measured and not calculated. The smash factor is not even indicated on the display, nor the clubhead speed. It might be indicated in the software (pc or android, no ipad version), but one has to add another 1500usd for the fitting software + 1 course for simulation purposes.

Pat

Oh I agree. The cost of the Gc2 will add up. What about getting a used Flightscope (ie the original Flightscope). I see them selling for less than 6 grand. You should call the folks at Flightscope as they had some of the original units selling for less than 6 grand when I spoke with them 6 months back. Otherwise 2 grand for the Zelocity may be ok. Perhaps try following up on this forum http://www.clubmakersguild.com/forum...ead.php?t=2973 If you do get it please give us some feedback as it it works as well as the other radar based units then that price is exciting.

If i go for the tracker, i will let you know.
    I was in touch with the guys from flightscope...but i would go for the x2 not the original kudu.
    There was a x2 on sale on ebay but the seller didn t want to send it to europe, where i live, nor discounting the price.
    There is also a fee to pay if you want to acquire a second hand unit : 1000usd.

Another point concerning the gc2, rick cuellar (sales rep) told me they will introduce an hardwre add-on to be able to integrate clubhead info ( path...) for an additional cost of 2500-3000usd (price indicated by a gc2 user on a forum).
    The gc2 will be very attractive :
    - more portable than the flightscope
    - same features than the flightscope
    - more adapted to indoor simulation (i believe the x2 will be working soon with some simulation software)
    ...but all together, incl. Unit +software+cameras for clubhead data = 6500+1500+2500=9500usd !

So difficult choice, top material for roughly 9000usd (flightscope or gc2) or 2000usd (roughly) for a second hand tracker that could be ok...or not ;-)

Pat

Yes, I see your logic. Do you have anyway of trying it out before buying? What is the software like with the Zelocity? Perhaps contact some owners before buying. Here is one to contact and ask questions http://www.mcgolf.net/ Is there a return policy?

Yes, I see your logic. Do you have anyway of trying it out before buying? What is the software like with the Zelocity? Perhaps contact some owners before buying. Here is one to contact and ask questions http://www.mcgolf.net/ Is there a return policy?
    I agree. I was all set to buy a Zelocity before I tried one out. Reason I didn't like the software was that there was no actual ball tracking on the screen until well after the shot was hit. So for an indoor simulator, you couldn't view ball flight in real time like other simulators. Rather, you'd hit a shot, wait 5-10 seconds, and then a line would appear showing the shot. The dashboard is nice if you had it outside and simply wanted to view some key metrics.

I would love to see it in action but there is really nothing out there. I fear about the software like your saying.

Guys, everything you tell me is the same that i read / exchanged on other forums.
    It doesn t make me feel comfortable with the tracker...
    My wallet tells me to go for the second hand tracker and my head tells me to go for the gc2 !

Quick question about the gc2 : can you confirm it doesn t provide a measurement of the clubhead speed at impact ?
    It s an important factor when it comes to selecting the shaft flex ! (the other data actually measured are good for the shaft profile, loft, offset...)

Pat

My understanding is that the gc2 only provides ball data and they are working to get a club add on. Now mind you you can get a simple swing speed radar to get you that info if you get the GC2. I just wish there were plenty of good, positive reviews and people that have the Tracker. That's why I wouldn't suggest giving up on them but perhaps trying to actually contact some of them and pick their brains. What about the Accusport Vector Pro?

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    i have tried an indoor zelocity last winter while testing a bunch of shafts at a local golf galaxy. The numbers were not reliable when setting a baseline with my shaft and clubhead. I can't say that for their entire product line since perhaps it has to do with how they are callabrated but this perticular one that they use for fittings was not close.

Is that the Purelaunch or the Tracker?

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    PureLaunch™ features
    • Measured Launch Angle
    • Measured Ball Spin
    • Measured Club Head Speed
    • Measured Ball Velocity
    • Side Spin
    • Shot Deviation
    • Angle of Attack
    • Angle of Descent
    • Club Face Angle
    • Carry Distance
    • Power Transfer Ratio
    • External Computer Required
    • Computer Analysis Program included
    • Works with rechargeable battery (optional) or AC power

purelanuch.jpg

not sure if there is a difference between indoor / outdoor units or same and just callobrate which one you are using. This one was indoors at a local golfgalaxy that they were using for club fittings. Sicne I know them they let me go on it for a few hours testing diffrerent shafts. Bottom line is when I baseline against my shaft / head it was off especially on shaped shots. Not sure if golf galaxies have these standard. May want to check your local to see and test drive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    PureLaunch™ features
    • Measured Launch Angle
    • Measured Ball Spin
    • Measured Club Head Speed
    • Measured Ball Velocity
    • Side Spin
    • Shot Deviation
    • Angle of Attack
    • Angle of Descent
    • Club Face Angle
    • Carry Distance
    • Power Transfer Ratio
    • External Computer Required
    • Computer Analysis Program included
    • Works with rechargeable battery (optional) or AC power

Attachment 30628

not sure if there is a difference between indoor / outdoor units or same and just callobrate which one you are using. This one was indoors at a local golfgalaxy that they were using for club fittings. Sicne I know them they let me go on it for a few hours testing diffrerent shafts. Bottom line is when I baseline against my shaft / head it was off especially on shaped shots. Not sure if golf galaxies have these standard. May want to check your local to see and test drive.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think patrice was enquiring about the Tracker http://zelocitytracker.com/ the Purelaunch is their older 2d system.

Hi bubba,

It s true, i was asking feedback about the tracker not the purelaunch (older version). The purelaunch is not working fine. There is a guy, called frans, who is developing a parallel software to the one of zelocity to correct bugs. The zelocity group users say the frans software is much more reliable than the zelocity one.

To answer you queston, i have a sst radar and a beltronics radar. What i m also interested in is the smash factor, i won t get using the gc2 and the sst (positioned in front of the ball)at the same time. The beltronics radar (positioned 2m behind the ball facing the range) is not accurate enough to use it with the very accurate measurements of the gc2.

As far as the vector pro is concerned, no thank you! I owned one 4 years ago and sold it very quicky. Each ball must be marked, the side spins measurements are not reliable, it does not catch all shots (ie: forged wedge)

Pat

Good points patrice about the vector. Perhaps Cory from Par2pro can give us some insight on the new Zelocity Tracker?

Putter Fairtree is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by patrice View Post
    Hello

I m looking at buying a zelocity tracker. It seems better than the purelaunch version (lots of calculation vs measurement issues)
    i read some posts that were created last year, stating that it was ok, but that there was an issue with the clubface/clubpath and that a software upgrade was necessary.

Well, i wouldnlike to know if somebody is using or has been using the zelocity tracker. How do you like it ?

Thanks
    Pat
    Ps : i will be using it outdoor for personal practice and fitting sessions
    I was first a customer ( Tracker unit) and now a rep for Zelocity products in Canada.

I own a range in Florida and leased out some property to a corp that tests golf balls with the use of a cannon that can reproduce any launch angle, spin rate and ball speed. It is patented and is the only one in the world. He was hired last year to test a bunch of Launch monitors for accuracy outdoors vs indoors for a large US retailer. The cannon would be set to at 3000 rpm and 150mph ball speed and at 13 deg launch angle. They would use use all the monitors outside first and shoot the cannon and see what the monitors said. They would then shoot the cannon into a net inside from 10ft and 12ft, and compare the numbers to the outside ones. The results were very interesting.

I bought this one because it was good indoors and outdoors. Some of the 10K+ models did not do so well on both tests. Flightscope and Trackman are the front runners of LM's and give you more detailed information but this one gives what you need to fit people etc, so I went with it. I wanted the best bang for my buck.

After seeing the results I could not justify the 5500 dollars more for a Flightscope.
    On a side note, there is also now Simulator software coming out that will allow this to be converted into a sim for 999.00.

Give us more info on the testing. What launch monitors were tested? Who does one contact for this cannon testing info? So we can understand, the Tracker will soon have simulator software for $999? Are you able to putt? What courses, sim engine is it?

Give us more info on the testing. What launch monitors were tested? Who does one contact for this cannon testing info? So we can understand, the Tracker will soon have simulator software for $999? Are you able to putt? What courses, sim engine is it?
    Due to Confidentiality agreements I cannot give too much on what company's were tested and (the results were for the Golf Retailer only )but I am sure you know most of them? hints-Z,F,T,AG,V,FS

Sadly my friend, Tony Nelson of Advanced Golf Solutions, lost his battle at 54 with Pancreatic Cancer last January. He was the man who designed, patented this cannon and operated the company/testing. One of the neatest people I have ever met in the golf industry. At this time his partner has assumed the reins, but he is focused on their ball fitting software mainly, and not doing any outside testing. Tony lived in Florida and had the use of my facility year round whereas the new guy has moved eveything to Ohio now. Not sure what plans if any he has to continue. The cannon was originally designed to test golf balls, but became useful for other things like LM's because it was the only true calibration tool on the planet. Tony's Ball fitting software is currently loaded into Flightscopes, whom he did a lot of work with.

For the sim software visit http://holidaygolfusa.com/ and info on what the product will look like and what courses are available. www.trugolf.com/

They will sell add-on software for the unit from each of these companies. All options will be software only, using our hardware and your choice of display (projector, LCD, TV etc.). The initial package offering from Holiday Golf is a package that includes a driving range, 5 golf courses, a fitting module, a longest drive contest and a hole in one contest for only $999. Individual courses or packages or courses will also be available.
    As far as putting I am not sure? I will look into it myself.

John McCann

Fairtree do you have a setup that I can come see in Markham? This sounds good for Zelocity.

I have the PureLaunch Tracker only, not the sim set up yet. I will be in Barrie visiting my family at Allandale Golf C if you want to see it or I am across street from Angus Glen everyday except tuesday.

When will u be in Barrie?

I would be very interested in your feedback bubba22 once you ve seen the installation with the tracker.
    I m nearly buying a brandnew gc2...and this last threads make me feel like the zelocity tracker might be a good alternative if much cheaper (second hand)

Pat

Just wait then patrice. I have setup a meeting with him on Friday to test er out. There will be no simulation but at least give me a chance to see the sim and its normal software setup.

Just spoke with the folks at Zelocity. The Tracker seems very good. The space required from tee to net/screen is 10 feet. The space behind the tee is 4 feet for a total of 14 feet. It tracks both club and ball. The simulation software will feature the real courses from Holiday Golf http://holidaygolfusa.com/courses/ . putting is done either buy an autoput feature or the additional cost ($1500) putting sensor which sounds like a sensor similair to the Protee putting sensor. I will have a look at the unit this Friday.

Thread Information