100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Totally agree, RDH. I do like some of the screenshots, but will not jump in and buy anytime soon. Graphics will change quickly and if one is patient, one will probably get a better deal.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Yes there are less camera options. I fing the graphics better just due to the details. Is it worth jumping? Well, like I said it complements Red Chain due to the different courses, practice differences, etc. It will be interesting to see Red Chains new engine.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I'm going to wait at least to see how red chain's new engine looks. They're hoping to have something to show around the end of the year (targeting the pga show in january I believe) so fingers crossed...

If E6 was at a lower price (similar to red chain...$1K or so for all courses) I would likely do it. With the price it's at, I have to wait and see, then I'll go one way or the other next year.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    I'm with you rdh. I hope Red Chain's new software is better than E6. Trugolf is making a killing on these courses. They've had most of these courses for years. Foresight is doing the same thing.

GGS has the full E6 for $5000. Don't know what his take is but that is way too much.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    curios to hear from people that run E6 using XGA/WXGA projectors and how the images compare to those still images you see on the website for advertising. Some of this still images look very nice.

when i tested trugolf using their E6 it was nice (graphics not sensors) but I didn't think the graphics looked like the resolution of the images I see on the computer. curious if they are showing images on the computer that are Full HD or 1600x1200 compared to what most sim projectors would give at XGA or WXGA.

I'm hoping red chain's new engine has better graphics than E6 (with all the camera options red chain has right now), but i do realize it will likely be trailing E6 initially in a few areas (one more significant than the other):

- General polished nature of the software ("pretty" menus, interface, etc...I think TruGolf has done a great job there)
    - Number of options for type of game, configuration, etc. (even red chain's current software lacks there I think)
    - Number of courses available

The big one is the number of courses available. I know they've commented that they're unsure if current courses will be convertable to the new engine. If they are, then there will be a solid starting point (although I expect converted courses won't take full advantage of the new graphics engine). If they can't be converted, then the new software will likely start with a very short list of courses and it will likely be a few years before the course count is solid. Hopefully the current courses can be converted...

Yeah, it would be cool if the current courses can be converted. Even if they can't, I'm sure Red Chain will make it easy for course designers to input their existing data and just redesign certain features to take advantage of the new engine. It should be quicker to remake a course for the new software than to create a brand new course.

Can't wait to see what it looks like...

Putter TwistedlyHip is on a distinguished road
    Bubba where did you purchase the e6 software from and how much did it cost? I looked for e6 for sale on protee-united and I didn't see it.

Purchased from Protee. Can't remember the exact price but was around 4 something. Email them on the price and availability. I think they were getting some updates from Trugolf on the software. I am still awaiting the updates.

Putter TwistedlyHip is on a distinguished road
    Do you think the updates will address sidespin measurements and the like on e6? Or is that going to wait until they release the axis tilt camera? Just wondering if they told you anything.

I was emailed that the updates will address the spin representation on E6. Spin calculation is done by the Protee interface and fed to E6. What it does with that spin number depends on E6. In my comparison of E6 given the same spin numbers towards ProteePlay, Omptimal Flight, Trajectory wares and simply my feel of how much I worked the ball, E6 is very forgiving. The new update I hope is using software like optimal flight or something to get a better flight characteristic. I estimated that they needed to increase the sidespin representation 1.5-2 fold for it to be right.

It would be nice if Protee also add the ability to increase or decrease spin for the E6.

They do but I think Protee wanted E6 to adress the main issue. I hope it is corrected.

Are there any videos of E6 on youtube or anywhere showing someone hitting a shot and how the ball cam view looks? I always wanted to see that but wasn't able to find anything when I looked a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    Are there any videos of E6 on youtube or anywhere showing someone hitting a shot and how the ball cam view looks? I always wanted to see that but wasn't able to find anything when I looked a while back.
    rdh, I spent 20 minutes on Youtube just to find this for you.

You guys rock! I owe you a beer if you're ever in my neck of the woods.

Is that the only ball cam available? If so, I'm disappointed E6 doesn't have something comparable to red chain's ball cam. I really like immediately flying along with the shot, but it looks like in E6 you have to watch the first 4 or 5 seconds from the stationary view and then it jumps to a ball-type cam just for the finish of the shot. Bubba - is that the case?

Yes, thats it rdh. There are only 3 views and the ball cam view is like the chase ball cam view in RedChain. There are no true fly with the ball vires in E6 so from that perspective Red Chain is better if thats what you want. I personally like the chase ball view where you see it initially from the golfers view then follow it for a closer landing. Obviously beauty in the eye of the user.

Red Chain's new engine might not be ready until the summer. Rdh, you might want to call Martin about the E6. Maybe he'll lower the price and finally sell one for the first time. I'll be right behind you.

I was in contact with Dean this week, and he said it'll be at least a few months before they'll even have screenshots to show. I assume there will be a lot of work still to do once screenshots can be generated, and then there will be all the testing and tweaking time, so I'm thinking it will be toward the end of 2012 at the earliest for red chain's new engine to be ready...and even wondering if they might need until 2013. I'll be hoping for sooner, but I work in the software industry and know how these things tend to slip...especially with smaller developers.

Still, I'm going to hold off. I think if E6 had more camera options I'd be tempted to pull the trigger, but for now I'll hang tight.

End of 2012 or early 2013? That blows... thanks for the update.

Hey, that's just my gut feel - nothing has been said to that effect by red chain. Maybe they're on track for a summer release, but I'm just thinking if they're a few months away from the first screenshots, that would be pretty optimistic. (It does blow if I'm right though)

Long time. May be worth the wait but long time.

I'd be curious to know if TruGolf is working on any kind of significant update to E6. I don't know that they even need to update the graphics (it looks pretty great as is) but more camera options to compete with red chain would be a good move. I think TruGolf and red chain are about the two biggest players in the simulator software space right now...they're each working on getting their software used by more of the hardware companies. Hopefully the competition will lead to some great new versions from both of them over the next few years.

Not sure about that rdh but I do agree E6 needs more camera views. I have heard through inside contacts that GPS is coming out with a new interface in the PGA show that is supposed to blow away Red Chain and even E6. That's why I was hoping Red Chain would be coming out with their new look sooner.

Hopefully Cory will be on the beat to give us all the scoop from the show.

Yes. I have put in several requests.

Did TruGolf release a new pack of courses at the show? Someone had mentioned they were expected to announce that.

Oh - and any word on that new version of GPS Golf?

A full review will be coming but here's a little piece of nugget. The E6 works best in 16:9 resolutions. The image will show the most objects or scenery with 16:9 vs 4:3 resolutions. This is just like with the Red Chain courses. In other words, a 4:3 image is carved out of the original 16:9 for display on the screen when a 1024X768 resolution is used, for example.

For some reason this website made the 1080p capture smaller.
    CogHillE6.jpg2012-1-30_1956_35.jpg

Thread Information