100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road

Golf Simulator for $1000-$1500? P3Pro taping question?

2 questions-

1. What is the best simulator BESIDES Optishot and P3PRO for $1000-$1500?

2. Do you have to tape your irons and woods to use the P3Proswing? Will it still work good?

Thanks!!!

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    1. there's none. Optishot wins.

2. Irons don't need taping. Just woods, hybrids, and drivers.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Agree Z.

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    2 questions-

1. What is the best simulator BESIDES Optishot and P3PRO for $1000-$1500?

2. Do you have to tape your irons and woods to use the P3Proswing? Will it still work good?

Thanks!!!
    I might be a little off base here but, with the Optishot and the P3Pro you will have just spent a good chunk of change on a system that is very basic and has little that can be done to improve it.

Why not spend the money for Martin's base unit and have something that you can add to down the road as funds are available. If I am correct, his PX2 with the basic software is within that range. As additional funds are available and you know you are going to make good use of it, you can upgrade it. I think at this price you get the bare circuit board and have to build the case. First check with him to see the price with the completed base and see if that is within your budget. If not and you have any ability with a drill just pm me as I might be able to get a useable base unit to you for the cost of shipping.

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jagmanjoe View Post
    I might be a little off base here but, with the Optishot and the P3Pro you will have just spent a good chunk of change on a system that is very basic and has little that can be done to improve it.

Why not spend the money for Martin's base unit and have something that you can add to down the road as funds are available. If I am correct, his PX2 with the basic software is within that range. As additional funds are available and you know you are going to make good use of it, you can upgrade it. I think at this price you get the bare circuit board and have to build the case. First check with him to see the price with the completed base and see if that is within your budget. If not and you have any ability with a drill just pm me as I might be able to get a useable base unit to you for the cost of shipping.

I just realized that I may have missed one thing -- along with the base for the circuit board, you would also need the Fiberbuilt mats and have to put the slots in them. If you provided the mats, I would be happy to try and help with the slots and holes required for them but that does make more of a point for trying to purchase the assembled PX2 base unit.

I suppose it depends on what the 1500 entailed. Is it just the sim or the other stuff like the mat, projector, screen, computer etc?

If your maximum budget is around $1500, I can not recommend the PX2 with ProX. Optishot's 3DD and GSA are light years ahead of ProX.

Agree with Z. The point is that if you are able to spend some more then yes look at GSA/Protee etc. Otherwise probably the dd is the best bet. The P3pro is a decent sim but the management has been suspect. In fact I have a P3pro with the launch angle and full courses still for sale. pm me on the price etc.

1. bubba22 what do you mean P3pro's management has been suspect??? Should I not look into those?

2. How much would the next level GSA Sim cost? $2000?

2. Does P3pro use GSA courses?

I just think that the P3pro folks have a decent product but have struggled with the software integration of the nw courses, the launch angle integration etc. The sim is good but there are plenty of options if one will spend more. The GSA prices are on their website as you can see. Perhaps ZMax will speak to that. P3pro use the same software engine as the GSA.

Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    2. How much would the next level GSA Sim cost? $2000?

2. Next level is the PX2 with GSA courses which sells for $2699, which is a lot more than Optishot.

Just what I thought. Thanks Z.

This is all confusing! lol

Bubba22 If I get the baseline P3Pro unit with grass top and the New GSA courses-
    Why will the new courses be poorly integrated with it?
    Does the swing results not show up or not read right?

Thanks for the help!

There is no secret that P3pro have had some issues getting the Red chain courses integrated. It took forever for that to happen with really no solid reason as to why. They have rreleased the courses and they work ok. ZMax and a few of us (all the credit to Z) had tweeked the integration to allow for a more realistic ball flight, spin etc. Perhaps reading this thread will help http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...onitor-and-GSA!!! and http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...21-P3pro-users

Thread Information