100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road

Computer build running E6 Full Edition no delays?

Looking for feedback from anyone that is running E6 software full edition (not lite) on Windows 7 64 bit and what they believe the computer specs are to make it run without delays? Focus is making the sim run in max graphic mode without delays but not necessarily buying high end components for the sake of it.

If you are not running E6 but are runing red chain also interested in your thoughts? Would think E6 full edition would take a little more horse power but that's based on perception not any factual data.

If you are not sure what the max should be but you believe with your configuration the software runs slow that would be helpful also to know what your build is.

Greatly appreciate the insight.

CPU Processor:
    * brand / model
    * dual / quad
    * ghz?

Memory:
    * 4, 6, 8gb?

GPU Graphics Card:
    * brand / model
    * gpu memory - 1, 1.5, 2gb?

Greatly appreciate the insight.

Thanks.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I just ordered a new PC from Tiger Direct to upgrade from what I have now. Currently GSA is slow/choppy if I try max graphics settings (I run at 1400x1050) so I've been planning to upgrade for a while. Plus I'm sure their next gen engine will be even more hardware intensive. I bought a pre-built gaming PC - Core i7, nvidia DTX 580 graphics card, 8gb ram, 1.5gb video memory. http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...p?EdpNo=567264

Hopefully that machine is beefy enough to run things smoothly...fingers crossed. I'll let you know how it works out once I get it set up.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    LOL...That's more than plenty for the current Red Chain RDH. You have an idea what their next gen might need?

My X4, 4GB, 512MB Nvidia GTS250 can run GSA smoothly on all courses at 70% detail.

No idea on their next gen requirements, but typically new game releases push the envelope the most, so we'll see. I'm sure it will still run fine on current hardware on lower detail settings.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Nice upgrade rdh. I have recieved the e6 and just setting up now. My first impressions were very, very nice. I will play around for the weekend and give more details. Despite my projector being 720, I still get the sense that the quality and picture is better with the e6 vs Proteeplay. I do find that the spin is less with E6 though.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Nice upgrade rdh. I have recieved the e6 and just setting up now. My first impressions were very, very nice. I will play around for the weekend and give more details. Despite my projector being 720, I still get the sense that the quality and picture is better with the e6 vs Proteeplay. I do find that the spin is less with E6 though.
    Can't wait bubba22. That's interesting about the spin. I noticed the same thing on Trugolf's E6.

So less spin all around? Shots fade and draw less, and also release more on the green?

Looking forward to a detailed review bubba...I've seen lots of static screenshots that look great, so I'm more interested to hear how the gameplay is and how the graphics are when the camera is in motion (fly along with the ball). Should be a fun weekend for you!

Mainly with the draws and fades rdh. The spin around the greens seem fine but draws/hooks and fades/slice are less making it more forgiving. I have asked Protee to develop a way in the interface to increase the sidespin but will wait and see. Overall very happy with the E6. I want to play around with it for a day or so to get a better feel at all the options etc.

If I went for E6 I'd have to write my own integration again like I did with GSA. Before GSA had as many tweaking options as it does now, I found the spin to be exaggerated in it. The software didn't have a spin input - the software calculated it on its own based on the difference between club path and angle (i.e. how sharply the club was coming across the ball vs. the face angle). So, I implemented a workaround where I reduced the difference that I fed in to the software (i.e. square the face angle up a bit vs. the path). If Protee can't control the spin calculation, they could look at something similar. I added my own shot analysis window though to show the true angle/path and not the adjusted ones that I fed in.

The software aspect is something else I think people need to take into account when they complain that +/- 1 degree is too much variation in the hardware. The exact same specs fed into two different software packages will produce different ball flights depending on the algorythms used by the software developers. Who is to say which one is more accurate...or even if either of them are? People need to be realistic and keep some perspective...all of this is SIMULATED and spot-on accurate depictions of what the ball would do in real life are pipe dreams. The simulators and software can be VERY close, but you can never know for sure what the ball would have done exactly in the real world.

I agree rdh. The ability to slightly tweek the software is nice and that allow for what you feel is normal for your game. Obviously being able to directly measure spin and spin axis accurately would be better however I do think that the sims that estimate spin/spin axis based on club (face angle and path) and ball data (path, speed, launch angle) do a very good job and are close. Clearly the software is what will drive the estimation and show this visually. This is no better stated with the Proteeplay and e6 comparison. When one places the spin factor to the max in Protee play then it appears that there is too much hooks/draws. You can easily adjust that to a normal level. The E6 is on the lower side of that spectrum and just needs a little more spin addition.

The fact is, even if you have true spin detection, the hardware then has to feed that in to the software and unless both companies have identical algorythms for calculating ball flight (doubtful) you'll still see some variance between the two. My point is just that people need to take that into account when dreaming of a "perfect" simulator.

Really looking forward to the full E6 review Bubba. From the menu shots and things I've seen, it looks like a very well polished software package. I'd be interested to see a few screenshots of the same golf hole in GSA vs. E6 (since they have several courses in common), but that may be a bit much work for you.

No but give me a few days. I can take some screenshots of both holes on the same course and post it. I totally agree with your comments rdh. My question is with the different software, is the spin data generated different from both software? If it is the same then is the simulation of that spin different? Probably both from what I see, but I will further test and play. The bottom line is when I hit a certain shot, then is it reasonably represented, and I would have to say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    My question is with the different software, is the spin data generated different from both software? If it is the same then is the simulation of that spin different? Probably both from what I see, but I will further test and play. The bottom line is when I hit a certain shot, then is it reasonably represented, and I would have to say yes.
    I would say both also. There's a basic formula to estimate spin but it depends on what values are used. P3pro for example, had the right formula but had no clue as how to use it. Fortunately, it tweakable.

Hey bubba - Sorry to keep prying for bits of a review early, but how is E6 when it comes to the motion camera views and flying along with the ball? I know the static shots look great...I'm more curious on that side.

Good question rdh. The flow of the ball in flight is great. I do think that the Red Chain engine has more camera views and ball flight options to pick from. The ball cam option for E6 starts with a golfers view of the ball flight and then switches to the ball birds eye view. It is quite nice actually. I don't think there is a ball cam view like the Protee courses have per se. All in all the flow of the ball flight with the landscape, trees etc is very nice. I will try to post a pick once I get home from work.

7 Iron Deverx is on a distinguished road
    There are some videos on youtube of the E6, looks amazing.

It is amazing. Ok help me out guys I am trying to get some screenshots for you and the Prt Scr option is only taking the active screens and not the shot of the hole. Any suggestions?

Is the ProteePlay maximized?

Yes but I can window it making it appear as a window. E6 is full screen only.

Are you running in dual display mode? 1=monitor, 2=projector?

What are the active screens that you're getting when doing PrtSc? Windows desktop? Protee play? Does Protee play have to be running? Go ahead and post the screen shot of what you get.

To copy the entire screen
    • Press PRINT SCREEN.

To copy only an active window
    • Press ALT+PRINT SCREEN

Trying the Alt + Print Screen but the desktop comes up, not the screenshot when I paste in paint.

Yes dual display mode.

You could try downloading a demo copy of SnagIt (if they have a demo version available). It's a slick screen capture tool I use for pretty much everything...lets you selection portions of your display if needed.

Thanks for the effort on this bubba...much appreciated.

Have you tried clicking somewhere in the E6 such as aiming or making changes within E6 first, then press PrtSc?

PeableGSA.jpg

Here is a shot of Pebble Beach in Protee play from it windowed. I just can't get the E6 to copy the screen. Let me try that Z.

No didn't work Z.

Well, thanks for trying bubba. Maybe something funky with the way E6 runs. Are you loving it though?

The more I play with it, the more I like it. Once they add the ability to add just a little bit of spin then it will be awesome.

Thread Information