100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    sorry Z no pictures. Will do next time. Yes we did select the loft to be 45 degrees and hit a low worm burner and some how it read it as low. I was amazed. I plan on testing the Sportscoach system next week but will get back to the Truegolf soon as well.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Low like a 3-4 degree LA? or just lower than the loft you selected? It already knows you're chipping so maybe it's just basing it on the club speed?

And since the sonic sensors can't pick up the ball, true speed is also not used.

Thats why I am wondering if that 1st row of sensors are measuring somehow the ball for speed?

I just spoke with the Pro about the Truegolf and he told me that they have already placed the Flightscope behind the Truegolf to compare. he concluded that the data was very similair with respect to the club and ball except for the spin. He found the ball speed, launch and direction very , very comparable to the Truegolf and the only thing that was dofferent was the spin. The axis of tilt was similair however the back spin and sidespin numbers were lower. BINGO where have we heard that before!!!! Exactly what I said a few months ago about the E6 in thsatthe spin numbers are low. That is why the Golfer found it doesn't deaw or fade enough. Here at home I find the E6 to be straighter as well compared to the Protee. Isn't that interesting.

You got it bubba22. My test with Trugolf's E6 showed the same thing. The E6 must be reducing the amount of side spin to make it more forgiving and more enjoyable for most of the public. Which means the club sensor is doing a good enough job.

Those sensors on the floor definitely measure the ball speed when you're putting.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    you guys know better than i, but i think the market for the commercial sim places in general is different than the low hcp single home user high end market. i know a local guy that owns a commercial sim place using about golf. he has about 12 bays. its the prior version to their 3track with the radar in front. great honest feedback from his perspective from someone making their living from this stuff. he says his market follows the same trend as the average hcps in the golfing public. because the unit displays ball launch variables to decimal poinst therefore people assume its that accurate. he also said he thought having a more accurate launch monitor / sim may not help his business. explained most clients are happy with shots mostly going straight rather than curving into rough since they are there mostly for entertainment barring a few exceptions. very interesting perspective. he let me test the system for a couple hours and watched and agreed as i hit draws and fades the ball started on path but like trugolf only came back occasionally. interesting for straight shot carry for wedges the system was off, middle irons it was close, then long irons and beyond it was off. the interesting thing is they have an entire bay dedicated for giving people lessons.

Well I am 100 percent confident that the E6 is more forgiving. When I go from the E6 to the Protee, it is night and day with respect to the draws, hooks etc. Don't get me wrong, one can still hook it with the E6 but it is just a little forgiving as the Pro said. Protee have asked the E6 folks to have an option to increase the spin somewhat with respect to the E6 sftware. That would make sense if done. The bottom line is that the sensor measurement of spin I think personally is very, very close. The software will determine how it computes the spin from the club and ball numbers. I do still think that direct spin measurements (camera or radar) is still of great benefit but having that club tracking data is more than valuable for me. This supports what we have been saying along. Why not have it all.

Intersting that the position one hits the ball in the Newport is different in the different videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0_CkZi75aUU and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz7O2zaYPAU

I agree with you bubba22. It just a matter of time before both Protee and GGS add spin to their systems so, we will have it all, soon I hope.

TheGolfer,

If I was taking lessons their and the Pro used data from those sims, I would not be happy.

AboutGolf knew that their radar based sims weren't accurate which was why they developed the 3track.

Your right ZMax. The camera vs radar debate is massive. The camera is probably the way to go indoors whereas radars probably dominate outdoors. Having said that both are improving outdoors and indoors as they see a huge market for both environments. Now we may be splitting hairs with respect to which is more accurate. I personally know what type of shot I hit on a sim to 95% certainty. I would just like to see that reproduced to 95% certainty. Having the most accurate spin numbers etc is icing on the cake in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    I agree with you bubba22. It just a matter of time before both Protee and GGS add spin to their systems so, we will have it all, soon I hope.

TheGolfer,

If I was taking lessons their and the Pro used data from those sims, I would not be happy.

AboutGolf knew that their radar based sims weren't accurate which was why they developed the 3track.
    agree, that's why i mentioned it. then again when i first started playing the game i probably took some lessons from people that play like i do now so its all relative. the reality is the higher hcps probably don't see the difference.

i found the aboutgolf radar system similarly inaccurate as the trugolf 3track wrt to shaping shots. when i tested the aboutgolf 3track it was more accurate than those both but not excellent wrt draws and fades and i found the gc2 to be the most accurate with these shots; that's how i ended up with the gc2.

almost done testing my 2nd gc2 unit. 3/4 through the bag. it's tricky with balls rebounding all over the place with my screen issue otherwise would have been done a while ago. after testing the 2nd unit, the first unit was clearly a defective unit with shorter carries possibly cameras moved during shipping as i told them. bushnell 1500 is pretty damn accurate. 2nd unit so far the carries are on.

The Golfer have you had a chance to test the Flightscope or indoor Trackman units? I have and they do perform better than the older radar units. Not saying that they are perfect but definitely the technology has improved for radar based sims indoors. Hopefully your second unit performs well.

Thegolfer,

When you tested the AboutGolf with 3Track, did you use regular balls or AboutGolf's marked balls?

Since you're almost done testing your 2nd GC2 unit, does that mean you'll posting an in depth review of the GC2 and your experience with ForeSight soon?

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Thegolfer,

When you tested the AboutGolf with 3Track, did you use regular balls or AboutGolf's marked balls?

Since you're almost done testing your 2nd GC2 unit, does that mean you'll posting an in depth review of the GC2 and your experience with ForeSight soon?

Looking forward to that review the Golfer.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    The Golfer have you had a chance to test the Flightscope or indoor Trackman units? I have and they do perform better than the older radar units. Not saying that they are perfect but definitely the technology has improved for radar based sims indoors. Hopefully your second unit performs well.
    Haven't tried indoor trackman. Tried the Flightscope indoor radar prior to their new version they recently came out with. I had a lot of discrepancies with that indoor unit, but I hear I wasn't the only one. The teachers at the shop also complained of it. Haven't tried their latest version so perhaps the technology matured since then. When i started my search back in late sept / october for a sim i didn't see much information on them. don't quote me but i think i remember one issue with it was you needed a lot of space indoors (more than typical launch monitors / sims) so it can have a longer time to gather information on the ball characteristics.

it would be great to have more on the market to drive the competition for improvement.

Yes you are right on all accounts. The technology ofthe indoor radar units has improved, the indoor units do need lots of space (problem with some home users) and we need more competition ina ll areas to drive the prices down. Look at the price drop in the P3pro in the past 1 year, mostly due to the popular DD.

9 Iron kwass is on a distinguished road
    bubba22
    Did you find the smaller screen size on the Trugolf prestige to be much of a drawback?

Not really. My screen at home is bigger, but I could live with the Prestige screen size.

3 Iron tarmactrr is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Hey Bubba, since you've tested Flightscope indoors, do you have any idea what effects it would have if you had it setup with the less than minimum distance from the screen? Reason being is I love the idea and price of the flightscope, but only have 11ft in my house from my hitting area to my net. I believe flightscope states a min of 17ft. Wondering if that distance would mean it would be too inaccurate to use in my house.

Asics
    Not bubba, but you need around 12-13 ft for ball flight plus around 7-8 ft more from ball to unit. Flightscope rep told me that you will either get a correct reading or no reading at all. In other words, if there isn't enough ball flight to measure you get no reading as opposed to a potentially less accurate reading.

Aspics is exactly right. You need the min ball flight distance.

Putter CalgaryHack is on a distinguished road

New Simulator Purchase - What did you buy?

I am looking at the same three models. I am curious to know what you settled on and how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    Can anyone help comparing the accuracy of these three (TruTrack, ProTee, GSA PX5)?

Looking to pull the trigger any day but its very hard to cut through the marketing BS and compare the real data.

Background - Looking to use the sim as a teaching aid with very good golfers. Need to be able to hit draws, cuts, knock downs, lobs, etc. Ie more of a tool versus a game.

I understand each has limitations when compared to the GSA CX5 5 camera system that is ultra accurate for club and ball measurements but want to quantify that difference and understand what I am giving up or not in accuracy for cost.

Understand that all three calculate club head measurements and ball speed, path, LA but ALL THREE also estimate ball spin and spin axis. Curious to see if anyone is more accurate with ball spin estimates.

Also understand that TruGolf uses E6 software and the other two RedChain. Just looking for inputs on this thread on sensor measurement accuracy and error rather than software or pricing comparisons.

Any help is appreciated.

TruGolf TruTrack:
    * http://www.trugolf.com/
    * New Technique Prestige model is shipping next week- small portable sim in a box
    * Convenient that all components are prepacked and easy to setup but the trade off is portable frame / netting with very small sim screen and components are not tailored or optimized for your specific setting (perhaps also tradeoff on accuracy but can't get any data to compare)
    * TruTrack looks like its a sensor matt for club head measurements and sonic triangulation for ball path, speed, LA when it hits the screen.
    * Ball spin and spin axis is estimated (same for all three options)
    * From the picture it looks like there are not many sensors on the sensor matt (concern) compared with the GSA PX2 96 sensor insert (same one used in GSA PX5) but it may be that the ball track sensors are removed since ball track is done via sonic triangulation?
    * For this kind of money it would be a shame to find out that the sensors are similar to DD or P3Pro (not bad as long you understand what you are getting ahead of time but with TruGolf no data is offered just "very accurate and independently tested" so their marketing the high accuracy but not providing the data (concern)
    * Need to hit off the same spot on the sensor matt and believe you need a shot to hit the screen to register (curious how lob, flop, and sand shots register then?)

GSA PX5
    * http://www.golfsimfactory.com/ElectronicSensors.htm
    * Looks like the PX5 is their PX2 96 sensor matt for club head measurements and hCam and vCam for both launch angle, ball path, and speed.
    * Spin is estimated
    * The camera for ball path, spin, and launch angle are ~ 5 feet from screen so in theory should have more resolution / accuracy versus a similar system that measures right after the ball position?
    * I know high speed cameras are very accurate since they don't sample - they measure exactly what the see
    * Curious on the accuracy compared to sonic triangulation?
    * Martin does publish the 96 sensors for PX2 matt and accuracy of club head measurements
    * with the two camera system you can choose to hit anywhere off the sensor matt (ie sand, rough inserts) and both cameras pick up ball measuremetns but you just give up club head measuremetns for swing analysis when you hit those shots if you choose (can still hit them off the sensor matt if you choose)

ProTee V2.0
    * http://www.protee-united.com/
    * DJ (marketer?) and Martin (inventor / engineer?) went seperate paths and DJ is selling single unit through Protee
    * Similar to TruGolf hard to get your hands on real data for accuracy
    * As you would expect it looks very similar to GSA products but ...
    * Don't know for sure but it looks like the GSA PX2 sensor matt but heard the launch angle camera is like a web cam. Believe this is fairly close to after you hit the shot versus GSA further away?
    * This is not fact but I would guess it is a PX2 matt with a web cam
    * Believe the ball path / speed sensors are also in the same matt right after you hit it so in theory probably has less resolution / accuracy from a similar system that has these sensors farther away?
    * TruGolf says the Trutrack unit in the Technique models is the same unit in the high end fully enclosed systems (so if you are familiar wtih their newport, signature, etc its the same technology sensors)

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    TheGolfer doesn't post much anymore. He bought a GC2 and rode off into the sunset.. Protee is the only option in that list. Start a new thread with your budget, space, nerds and expectations and you will get good advice.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    You need to sit down and do a lot of reading on this forum to make a decision. Don't rely on just one person's perspective to make an expensive decision.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Of the three options you list, I agree that ProTee would be my recommendation as the best choice to fit your requirements. Do yourself a favor and take psace's advice to take the time to read the archives on this forum.

Agreed!

Thread Information