CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Senators

Gap Wedge Stever is on a distinguished road
    I think the deal with the Sweedish team and league was that he has to sign with the Sens or he goes back to Sweeden. Too bad, but he'll be back next year and should stay. No point rushing things.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    I believe the primary reason you want a player back in jr vs AHL is because the year in jr does not count against the entry level contract. i.e Zibanajad starts his 3 year pro contract when he starts playing pro hockey ( nhl or ahl ) that way he becomes an RFA one year later.

Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    I believe the primary reason you want a player back in jr vs AHL is because the year in jr does not count against the entry level contract. i.e Zibanajad starts his 3 year pro contract when he starts playing pro hockey ( nhl or ahl ) that way he becomes an RFA one year later.
    You're right with that cleek. Thanks for the update.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    The "cardiac kids" did it again , 2.5 secs left , whoohoo , GO SENS !
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    This team is just insane! Never give up!
    "If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." Kirk Cobain

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    This team is just insane! Never give up!
    Crazy win. Again.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    The sens are playing really good hockey. Where are all the naysayer complaining about Spezza and Gonchar??? Oh wait they have all disappeared... Awesome win today!
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    The sens are playing really good hockey. Where are all the naysayer complaining about Spezza and Gonchar??? Oh wait they have all disappeared... Awesome win today!
    Never understood all the hate for Spezza but I believe the the fan reaction to Goncar has been apart of him playing better. He had 0 heart the first few games. He has Played much better but hasn't been outstanding. Karlsson Rundblad, and Cowen are playing extremly well and have helped to take the pressure off bit. This team has 4 guys that could make a push at the Calder!
    "If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." Kirk Cobain

Spezza still has his lapses (a couple of bad centre ice giveaways in OT last night) but his offense more than makes up for it. Can't believe he wasn't even picked in the top 25 centres going into the season. He has been the whipping buy in the past for these gaffe's but I always said he's just that type of creative player who will screw up once in awhile. He has really matured though at both ends of the rink as he needs to be more of a leader. Gonchar has been better and as Matt says, its about heart and effort. Let's not forget though, this is the worst defensive team in the league and the offense is winning the games for them right now. Late game heroics won't last forever and the offense has to continue to fire on all cylinders in order for them to have any success.

Spezza is Spezza. He's a good playmaker and contibutes his goals but is also known for giveaways and turnovers and that will never change. He will go down in the books as a good first line centre but not a superstar. He is on a high right now and that's great but he will go thru his slumps as well. Gonchar goes as the team goes. If the team is doing well then he plays better, if the team is not doing well then he gets worse. When Murray brought him here is was playing great but came from Pittsburgh, a Cup winner and contender that made him look really good. I still think Murray should trade him but that likely won't happen with his age and salary. IMHO Sens need a more balanced defense - 4 stay at home guys with size and strength and 2 offensive guys, Karlsson & Rundblad. Our offensive D are too small and soft in our own end.

great win last night - really who are these guys in the Sens uniforms? anyone think after 12 games they'd be sitting in fourth spot, especially after the first 6 games? Amazing what a little confidence, effort and teamwork will do for you!

I think the one area people are not giving enough credit to is coaching.
    MacLean and staff have developed a sound plan and the players have bought in. Hard work pays off.
    I like the fact that when the team calls a timeout it is MacLean with the white board and not an assitant. He also seems to provide lots of feedback on the bench which is great for the young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    I think the one area people are not giving enough credit to is coaching.
    MacLean and staff have developed a sound plan and the players have bought in. Hard work pays off.
    I like the fact that when the team calls a timeout it is MacLean with the white board and not an assitant. He also seems to provide lots of feedback on the bench which is great for the young guys.
    this is true, i think the coaching deserves a lot of credit.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    this is true, i think the coaching deserves a lot of credit.
    Fully agree, lot of credit has to go to Paul McLean. Let's also keep in mind that it's still very early in the season - there will be some 'not so good' times ahead. How will they rebound if they lose 3 in a row, etc.?

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    4 tough losses in a row now , unfortunatley the unforced errors are the main reason right now (inexperience ?)
    Apart from that, the teams play has been really good , very entertaining hockey , we just need a W right now , to keep the morale up.

they are losing the game they were winning before and pretty much by a goal each time. some bad giveaways are killing them.

they are losing the game they were winning before and pretty much by a goal each time. some bad giveaways are killing them.
    21 give aways in the game last night. They are playing pretty good, except for the atrocious giveways in the defensive end. Some of the D are trying to get way too fancy with the puck in our end (blind drop passes, trying to pass or stick handle thru 2 guys going up the middle, etc.). Keep it simple, move the puck and your feet fast and up the outside, take the man and stop trying to do everything with your stick (use your body). Just my 2 cents worth.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    I was at the game....giveaways by rookies and vets alike. WAYYYYYY to much East-West play and not enough North-South - especially at the blue line. And, without doubt, it had to be one of the 'politest' games of pro hockey I have ever watched. A pre-set fight in the first, another in the third and one interference call. Why? Because nobody wanted to hit anyone!!!! Was at the Subway Series Russia/OHL game tonite. Way more heart and effort on these underpaid guys fighting for recognition than those who have 'achieved' at the 'big show'. IMHO
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Well went to my last Sens game for awhile. Pretty much agree with earlier posts about this (VCR) game. No heart, no speed, looked like a Jr A team against an NHL team for first 30 minutes. Rundbladt looked lost, tentative, and other than one good hit, was not productive. Had to keep reminding myself that this is a "rebuilding" year, but even the vets looked listless. 5 on 3 for two minutes and all they did was try to play keep away. Seemed like every poke check VCR tried worked, and every one the Sens tried failed. No taking the body on rushes and only Anderson kept them in the game. Have to agree also that despite some of the big hits by Foligno the game was non-contact. Went with my son, who has been to a number of HNL arenas and even he commented how quiet SBP is. Not hard to have a conversation at normal levels through most of the game. Had to chuckle, after the Canucks scored in the first two minutes the crowd turned and they were behind the Canucks for most of the way.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Since the last post in this thread the Senators have gone 14-4-2.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

yep, funny how the season has progressed. I think everyone is afraid to say anything thinking they might jinx the streak....whoops!

yep, funny how the season has progressed. I think everyone is afraid to say anything thinking they might jinx the streak....whoops!
    Nice one Jeff , Nice one .......

On a side note , the LA vs SENS game was one of the worst officiated games , i think i've seen in a long time , just brutal.

3-2 loss to Phoenix , it is unfortunate going into the break on a losing note , the Sens did not get the puck bounces / breaks last night . Several guys seemed to have off nights. I have to admit I have become a Karlsson convert but he had a rough night, seemed flat footed, but that is going to happen over and 82 game sched.
    I hope the Sens are not burning out Anderson they don't seem to have any desire to let Auld make his mark. Might make sense to bring Lehner up for a stretch.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Doh! I take full responsibility for the three game losing streak

They certainly look like they were in need of a break after that road trip -- they all looked tired. The refs included.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

I was at the game vs. Toronto , that was a beating in more ways than one. I felt like I was in the ACC watching the game. I am kinda impartial beings a Red Wings fan so I was not caught up in the emotion of my team winning or losing but it sure was interesting watching the reaction of both teams fans. I guess the only positive was that the Leafs did not win the fights too ( there were none ). Of all the years of the battle of Ontario this is the first time I can remember the Leafs not having any muscle in the line-up ( exception I guess would be Brown ) , while the Sens had Neil , Carkner , Konopka dressed. Not a typical Burke line-up but I guess his attitiude is now we'll beat you with speed.

A win vs. St.l won't be easy but that would be a huge confidence boost. Sens need to get back on the winning side in the next 10 days otherwise they may end up being sellers at the trade deadline, which may not be a bad thing if assets are coming back that will make the team better 2-3 years down the road.

Don't give up hope Sens fans but there is a long way to go.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Cleek, i was there too and it was brutal. Worst time I've ever had at a hockey game.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Yeesh ! time to dig deep fellas , this seasons not over yet , GO SENS !

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388672

hope Murray has unlimited North American minutes on his phone!!! lot of rentals who fill in for short-term: Nabokov, Giggy, Turko, etc. Usually indefinitely doesn't mean 5-6days

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post

hope Murray has unlimited North American minutes on his phone!!! lot of rentals who fill in for short-term: Nabokov, Giggy, Turko, etc. Usually indefinitely doesn't mean 5-6days
    I wonder whats happening with Lehner ? haven't heard much about him lately , i think Ottawa may entertain the idea of a rental , but i hope they don't give up much to get one ,this accident really couldn't have happened at a more critical time .

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post

Men, stay out of the kitchen!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Thread Information