100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar

Where to go in Florida ?

SO any help would be great...

I convinced the wife that we should go to Florida next feb/march for 2 weeks vacation , but we've never been , so i'm looking for suggestions for areas , districts , etc , that would suit for golf , beaches , attractions etc.
    Also if anyone has any info regarding accomodation , or could recommend anywhere , that would be great too .... and maybe suggest some golf courses i should play
    thanks , Will
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I'll be staying in Tampa area , any courses i "must" play ?

3 Wood funk-like is on a distinguished road
    I've played a few courses in the Tampa area. The 2 courses I would say you 'have' to play are at World Woods, in Brooksville. Its about a 45 minute drive from Tampa, but both courses there are in the top 50 you can play and if you play both in the same day, the rates are very reasonable. Its got an amazing practice facility and the courses are amazing. I believe they are both Fazio designs.
    In Tampa, I have played the TPC where they used to hold a Senior PGA event (the drummer from Iron Maiden was in the group ahead of me that day). I walked the courses at Innisbrook during the PGA tournament there, Copperhead looked amazing.
    Good luck and have fun.

Sand Wedge Friar Tuck is on a distinguished road Friar Tuck's Avatar
    $Above courses are great however very pricey. Silverthorn is a great course and in the $30 to $40 range. Another is Seven Springs in New Port Richey I believe it is $35. There are just too many to mention. Around every corner there is a new course and the competition is to tough for them not to be in good shape. There is a good variety of prices to choose from and the cost varies on the time of day as well. I will be there for two months in Feb and Mar. and the beaches on the Gulf are just great.
    From Tampa Bay right up north to Hudson there are all kinds of them with state parks as well.

Pitching Wedge golfsparks is on a distinguished road golfsparks's Avatar
    try golfing in the Nature Coast. beautiful, quiet, and really close to nature. and it's not as crowded as the rest of Florida.
    Have a great [URL="http://www.golfzoo.com"]golf vacation[/URL] my friend...

I'll take note of them all and start to plan my trip after the hoilday season

Thread Information