100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grip Question

Golf Nut sabzor is on a distinguished road

Grip Question

Went out this weekend and was hitting my driver to the right (slice) much more than normal, in an event to fix it I started to strengthen my grip up and almost noticed it getting worse.

Having said that, I have a feeling this might be a grip related issue. My question is:

If your left hand remained fairly neutral and your right hand got too under the club (strong) would this promote an over the top move? Perhaps limiting release?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Its possible but you are assuming that your slice is a result of an incorrect grip when it could be a completely different cause. Coming over the top maybe??
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

3 Wood cokelon is on a distinguished road cokelon's Avatar
    If you strengthen your grip too much you will lose mobility due to muscles tensing up and create other issues. I would definitely look into some videos on how to fix slice. There are couple of good ones out there. One thing that helped me with the slice is start with a half swing avoid full swing since that's were a ton of the problem start trying to coordinate all the group muscles. GT's projectors are able to show you how the head of you club is at impact and you could start from there.
    I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser. ~Arnold Palmer

Thread Information