CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    3 Iron donh is on a distinguished road donh's Avatar
    Good day eh?

Methinks that there's a bit of weight-shift here...

From the OttawaGolf Open in 2003.

Cheers,
    Thanks for the screen-time.

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar
    4Jag - you went to Gretzky hockey school? That is awesome!

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

ultimate golf and hockey trip

Quote Originally Posted by dasnutz
    4Jag - you went to Gretzky hockey school? That is awesome!
    Hi, Dasnutz, yes I did and yes it was!
    A buddy and I went to the Gretzky fantasy camp, got to play with and against Wayne and many of his friends for 5 days - Coffee and Anderson were on our team too. Bobby Hull and Gordie Howe were our coaches. Made some friends for life and played some good golf courses around Scottsdale as well.

This year it is in LA if anyone is interested.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Methinks that there's a bit of weight-shift here...
    Ya think? it went downward?
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

From the Georgian Bay area

Well after many tries trying to post a few pics here, I have to use one from the OGT; I can't seem to downsize the ones I have to fit the specs of the board.

Regardless, here is the not-so-mighty nice_lag walking down the 18th fairway at Mountain Creek, laughing at the fact that my ball is probably embedded in the small creek beside the green. The shot that followed was a great one but once again, I couldn't putt it in.

The second pic is just to show you that golf isn't everything when you can find yourself between those 2 beauties. They're not blonde but they pack some power.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

hey seb

which do u like to drive best???
    now we're talking long ball!!!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag
    Well after many tries trying to post a few pics here, I have to use one from the OGT; I can't seem to downsize the ones I have to fit the specs of the board.

Regardless, here is the not-so-mighty nice_lag walking down the 18th fairway at Mountain Creek, laughing at the fact that my ball is probably embedded in the small creek beside the green. The shot that followed was a great one but once again, I couldn't putt it in.

The second pic is just to show you that golf isn't everything when you can find yourself between those 2 beauties. They're not blonde but they pack some power.
    I wish we had a picture of that 5-wood at Trillium.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

9 Iron jjw99 is on a distinguished road jjw99's Avatar
    Hi enjoying my lanuch pad should make the winter go by a little better

19avsnorth

July 20, 2004 Diablo experience

In July 2004, I had the pleasure to play both Le Geant and Le Diablo in Mont Tremblant, Quebec. For the purposes of the picture contest, I enclose a digital photo of me and my friend on an excellent-looking par 3 hole on the Diablo front nine. I am the person who is on the extreme left.

At Diablo, it was the first time that I encountered and had to play from waste bunkers. Free advice: try to keep your ball in the fairway.

Thank you.

Take care.

Lob Wedge loopie is on a distinguished road

Golf in Pinehurst, NC

This is me in Pinehurst North Carolina last March. I can't remember if this was at Little River, The Pit, or Tobacco Road, but all three were amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by 19avsnorth
    In July 2004, I had the pleasure to play both Le Geant and Le Diablo in Mont Tremblant, Quebec. For the purposes of the picture contest, I enclose a digital photo of me and my friend on an excellent-looking par 3 hole on the Diablo front nine. I am the person who is on the extreme left.

At Diablo, it was the first time that I encountered and had to play from waste bunkers. Free advice: try to keep your ball in the fairway.

Thank you.

Take care.
    Love playing Tremblant course. Have played 5 so far. Great scenery for sure. The course you played is Le Diable not Diablo.

7 Iron Ace-IT is on a distinguished road Ace-IT's Avatar
    At the Vieux Moulins early last season....I had to fight with those darn black flies too while driving :reallymad

Good idea by the way Dan to see other people face....and might be able to recognize some next year on the golf course!

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    As my game is not at a level worth photographing, all I have is this shot from the OGT Ryder Cup at Meadows (also the Volvo Challenge that day).

Great idea Dan. Always like putting faces to the names....

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Congratulations Ace-IT!
    You have won round 2.
    Email me for instructions please.

Keep posting folks, if we get enough entries I'll draw again.

7 Iron Ace-IT is on a distinguished road Ace-IT's Avatar
    KOOLLLLLLLL ....tx Dan.....!!! Can't wait to get back on the golf course...

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar

After the rain/hail came down at Furry Creek in September 2004...

You can view the rest of the photos from the trip at http://hackfest.blogspot.com/. I've also got more to say at http://golfsmack.blogspot.com/ (though evidently I haven't said a word since November). I'll get on that...

Any way, here's the photo... I think this was on 9th hole, a shortish par 4 with a blind tee shot... as you can deduce from my expression, I'm not impressed with the state of the round at this point. Furry is without a doubt the hardest short course (only 6025 from the tips) I've ever played. It's kinda like Haute Plaines, on steroids.

Once I finished waiting for my patners to play up (I had struck a rare shot of moderate quailty - a Hogan 4-hybrid - and wanted to walk ahead a bit to savour the experience), I hit my second to a waterlogged green... I think I two-putted from the front of the green pictured below after hitting a fattish wedge...

www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack
    You can view the rest of the photos from the trip at http://hackfest.blogspot.com/. I've also got more to say at http://golfsmack.blogspot.com/ (though evidently I haven't said a word since November). I'll get on that...

Any way, here's the photo... I think this was on 9th hole, a shortish par 4 with a blind tee shot... as you can deduce from my expression, I'm not impressed with the state of the round at this point. Furry is without a doubt the hardest short course (only 6025 from the tips) I've ever played. It's kinda like Haute Plaines, on steroids.

Once I finished waiting for my patners to play up (I had struck a rare shot of moderate quailty - a Hogan 4-hybrid - and wanted to walk ahead a bit to savour the experience), I hit my second to a waterlogged green... I think I two-putted from the front of the green pictured below after hitting a fattish wedge...

I've played Furry Creek twice. Some of the par 5's look short, but are uphill all the way. The course plays longer than it appears on the card. Also there are a number of blind tee shots, not for the faint hearted.

I see in your pictures that one of the guys in your group is from Chilliwack. I was just out there last week and got to play The Falls. An interesting mountain course also, but not quite like Furry Creek.
    Last edited by Colby; 01-10-2005 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling corrections
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    I've played Furry Creek twice. Some of the par 5's look short, but are uphill all the way. The course plays longer than it appears on the crad. Also there are a number of blind tee shots, not for the faint hearted.

I see in your pictures that one of the guys in your group is from Chilliwack. I was just out there last week and got to play The Falls. An interesting mountain course also, but not quite like Furry Creek.
    Brian, the doode from Chilli, mentioned that he played The Falls quite a bit... wants us to play there the next time were out for our annual outing... which sadly won't be for another few years as only a couple of the group are from Ontario (the two BC lads come east more often than the six Easterners go west.)
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack
    Brian, the doode from Chilli, mentioned that he played The Falls quite a bit... wants us to play there the next time were out for our annual outing... which sadly won't be for another few years as only a couple of the group are from Ontario (the two BC lads come east more often than the six Easterners go west.)
    The Falls might be a good choice then. According to them, they've got Greg Norman on board to design another 18 holes there.

Having moved from the lower mainland 9 years ago, it can be pretty wet there.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar
    Me (on the right) accepting congratulations at my first intersectionals at Deep River.
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

Thread Information