CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Good news, bad news for the PGA

Good news for the FedExCup: Bill Haas came from out of nowhere to win.

More...

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I'm not surprised with the t.v. ratings. There was something or somebody lacking on sunday. For me it was not as exciting as the prior years. I guess I miss Tiger and Phil and I am not alone.

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    I'm not surprised with the t.v. ratings. There was something or somebody lacking on sunday. For me it was not as exciting as the prior years. I guess I miss Tiger and Phil and I am not alone.

Nope you sure aren't.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    I think it is time to face the facts:
    Phil is in his mid 40's, has tons of personal stuff to deal with and is not the player he used to be...
    Tiger is in his mid 30's, has tons of personal stuff to deal with, and is not the player he used to be...

The younger players on tour don't care at all about Tiger and Phil because they are no longer a threat. Why do you miss watching Tiger and Phil? Because of their amazing recovery shots? I admit, they hit some incredible shots, but most of the time, they are from the junk, behind trees or way off the fairway. Yes, the often recover, but to me, that is not good golf.

I think the golf this year has been amazing.

You like watching Phil... At any point this year did you really consider him a favourite to win? He hits it all over the park...

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    At any point this year did you really consider him a favourite to win? He hits it all over the park...
    You didn't think Phil was a favorite going into the Masters this year? The tournament where he was the defending champion and occurring the week after a dominating weekend performance at the Shell Houston Open?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I think this thread is about T.V. ratings and based on this a lot of people dont think that golf is exciting anymore. Not saying all the time but some of the time.
    You cant argue with T.V ratings.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Not disagreeing at all, watching Tiger and Phil did seem more interesting. As Marcos said though this thread is about TV ratings, so ... I see typical media hype where they only include (note: I DO have a media bias) facts that support their story. A 1.4 rating is fine. What does that mean? Lots of stats there but no info. How does that compare to last year when Jim Furyk won? Cannot even recall if Tiger or Phil were there or in the running. I enjoyed what I saw and most of my golfing buddies that saw it, enjoyed it, even if it was the No-Name Brand Championship. Good golf is good golf, regardless.

Thread Information