CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar

Post What's your favorite (less favorite) Golf Infomercial

All this talk in the Reviews forum on the AJ Reveals the Truth About Golf made me wonder what others think about Golf Infomercials and the bizarre and wacky promises made in an effort to get our 3 payments of $39.99.

What is your most/least favourite Golf Infomercial and why?

Personally I think that The Hammer one showing these days is hilarious.

It has got to be the ugliest clubhead on the market and apparently the shaft accelerates itself!!!

The voiceover guy sounds like he is doing an ad for the demolition derby or Wrestlemania ("SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!") At one point he comes on and (in the announcer voice) says "WARNING, YOU MAY LOSE YOUR FOURSOME!". YIKES!!! Do I really want that club in the bag????

The "scientist" is classic, informing us as to why this club is the best. I can't remember the term he uses but it is something like the "G-force" of the clubhead that is all we need to know about our club.

Anyone else have a personal fav?

GarthM

Andru
    Without a doubt the medicus ads Davis Love's wooden testimonial.

"Get the medicus, I know it will really work for you"

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    The Perfect Club commercial with the ex-host on The Golf Channel........his voice gets my own nerves and it sounds like it's guaranteed you will hit the perfect shot right away......who's knows maybe I'm wrong.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I get a kick out of any commercial that shows wedge technologies like the Lovett Wedge. Usually they have some guy who is supposedly a single digit player trying to hack the ball out of the sand like he is digging weeds up out of the garden. Then they hand him the club and miraculously he is hitting shots that are tight to the flag for easy sand saves.

At least make it realistic!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

5 Iron mmills820105 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by GarthM

The "scientist" is classic, informing us as to why this club is the best. I can't remember the term he uses but it is something like the "G-force" of the clubhead that is all we need to know about our club.
    I totally agree that THE HAMMER!!!! is the worst infomercial I've ever seen. When they show that patented grip guy, I can't help but wonder why anyone would spend money on this club. I mean, the whole infomercial is totally scripted and poorly acted (I......am......Jack......Hamm [as he reads from the cue cards].... POW!!!!)

Brutal.

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    I also would have to say the hammer infomertial is the most annoying,my second choice is that stupid bracelet ad.
    the one with the magical magnetic powers!

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    The Hammer, mostly because it keeps repeating the same crap over and over, but you gotta wonder, does this club work like it says, $100 is a good deal for a driver. Also, you gotta wonder about his 1200 yard drive record...i'm assuming he did that on an actual runway. You'd need to be straight to get that kind of bounce!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    The Hammer!

I like how they "talk to the pros", AND bring out 2 club pros, 4 fotball players and a skier, who says "even I could hit this big sweet spot." This one is a doozie! I'd stay away.

Funny how infomercials make products look cheep and cheezy. They must work though. There are a lot of them! :shake

5 Wood amac is on a distinguished road
    Mine would have to be anything Butch Harmon...the guy is ridiculously over-exposed. Not that I'm slagging the products, just the point that his name is on everything...Winn grips, shafts, bracelets, those perfect grip gloves...c'mon Butch, enough already !!!

Sand Wedge scotia1 is on a distinguished road
    I don't think that this is really an "infomercial" but do you guys remember when Callaway launched the "Great Big Bertha II" and Johnny Miller was in the commercial and he said and I quote "I don't know about you guys, but I need all the forgiveness I can get"... The guy could probably stripe a 1 iron from an old MacGregor Forged irons. Man, I hate Johnny Miller!

1 Iron sparsons is on a distinguished road

The Hammer

I just saw that info-mercial for the first time yesterday. As I was watching it, I realized that I golfed at that course last year. It is called Arrowhead and it it located a little south of Denver, Co. Very nice course. But as they are saying that the drives will go 30 yards further with this club, I was thinking that my drives were going almost that far at that course because of the altitude with my same driver I use here. It was great off the tee on par 4's and 5's but the first par 3 I over shot the green. And the first few approach shots were long as well. I wonder if they state somewhere in that info-mercial that they are filming this at 5000+ feet above sea level, somehow I don't think so. Happy New Year to all.

Putter caddyshackgolf is on a distinguished road
    The most annoying one is probably the Perfect Club. That infomerical drives me crazy. And so do a lot of other ones. The wedge ones are funny because they guy is always hacking at the ball until they hand him something like the lovett wedge. Same with the driver commercials. The one I would get is AJ's video about golf (forgot the exact name)
    "Its not the clubs you own, Its how good you can use those clubs"

Golf for life because life is golf.

Thread Information