100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fall conditions

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar

Fall conditions

I'll start it off by saying I was out at Greensmere Premiere on the first day of fall last week and the conditions were great. Fast greens and the fairways were great shape. They have an online coupon for fall rates this week, too. Regular fall rates start Monday.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Hammond

Played Hammond today for the first time since the drought. I am really happy to say that it is coming back! The front nine fairways are coming along quicker than the back but the back is still much more playable than a month ago. And the greens, as usual, are absolutely perfect. Played 18 with a cart for $40 hitting two balls. It took me 3 hrs and 15 mins - I didn't come across ANYONE in front of me or behind me the whole time!

Now that's a nice way to play Fall golf!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

6 Iron Tullamore is on a distinguished road
    Played Perth Links o'Tay last week - well worth the drive. Greens and fairways are in excellant condition.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Chateau Cartier is in very good condition with really nice greens and good fairways. Very little people out there this a.m.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Canadian is in great shape.

Notice they cover the stream going across the fairway on hole #10

Hybrid Grouchy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Canadian is in great shape.

Notice they cover the stream going across the fairway on hole #10
    Haha! I didn't notice until I walked up to my poorly struck ball! That bit of landscaping allowed me to get on in 3!

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Played Mountain Creek on Tuesday - greens are still in mid-season shape and with the leaves starting to fall, didn't have to worry about losing a ball in the middle of the fairway!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Mandeley in excellent condition. Greens are fantastic and fall colors spectacular !!!

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Played Emerald Links (E-S) today, first time in a few years. Very nice conditions, fairways lush, greens running true and about med/fast. Forgot what a pretty setting that course is. I like a course that is not grip and rip and you can still find your ball in the trees. They took my two year old 2-4-1 card, gave me two 20% off coupons and a coupon for a free sausage, plus we had to course to ourselves... "Is this Heaven?"

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Played Nation on Sunday and it was great. Fairways & greens great. Rough was thick.

Anyone have an update on Kingsway playing there Monday for first time in 5 or so years.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Montebello is in amazing shape, greens are soft and then fast
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Equinelle is in great shape. However, they were starting to aerate the fairways, at least on the front nine, when we played there on Wed.

Edelweiss colors are unbeatable right now but they punched the greens today and even then they are rolling well.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruskie View Post
    Equinelle is in great shape. However, they were starting to aerate the fairways, at least on the front nine, when we played there on Wed.
    will report back after Sunday's round. Better the fairways than the greens. They aerated back in August also, nice to see them putting a lot of time and effort into this course. It gets better everytime I play. I'll be taking some pics as well!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    will report back after Sunday's round. Better the fairways than the greens. They aerated back in August also, nice to see them putting a lot of time and effort into this course. It gets better everytime I play. I'll be taking some pics as well!
    The greens were in very good shape (aside from not holding well, as usual). There were, however, lots of spike marks on them, so I'd suggest going in the morning if you can.

Casselview....great shape all round, as per norm at Casselview. Greens fast, fast, fast. The amount of leaves covering many fairways was a pain in the butt, though. Other than that, great weather for golf on a great golf course!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Played Nation today. First time there and it was excellent. I found both the fairways and greens could be cut a little shorter but everything was still in great shape. Leaves starting to fall but no big deal yet. Some fairways were just punched but no big deal. For about $18 for super twighlight you can't beat it! And the course was empty.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    This long weekend is looking sweet! Maybe we should briefly ressurect the summer conditions thread?

It is a MUST to get out and golf in weather like this, the fall colours will be on full display, shorts, beers, and birdies. I'm going to play Saturday for sure, and I'm tempted to try Monday also.
    Andrew

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    This long weekend is looking sweet! Maybe we should briefly ressurect the summer conditions thread?

It is a MUST to get out and golf in weather like this, the fall colours will be on full display, shorts, beers, and birdies. I'm going to play Saturday for sure, and I'm tempted to try Monday also.
    you are right! I had actually planned on doing some work on my bathroom and still will but golfing Sun afternoon. As weird as this sounds I was looking forward to some fall golf in cooler temps - I quite like playing on +15C days - it's gonna feel really hot on the weekend!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar
    played Sandpoint today - wow, havent been there in a few years - BEAUTIFUL!! the fairways are lush - just gorgeous, $44 18 holes for a couple
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Equinelle front 9 fairways have been punched...back 9 is in great shape...no punch.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    eQuinelle

Played it today for the first time and will go back. First impression driving in was "Myrtle Beach" look and feel. Very nicely done. Conditions, well not the best. Greens in good shape, hard and running true, but on most greens there were sand spots as if someone was repairing a ball mark like you would on a tee box. Front, as stated earlier, had been chewed up pretty good, and they were in the process of doing the back nine while we were on it. It's a two part process and if you hit a hole between step one and two then you face a fairway that looks like a newly mown hay field. Should be all done today or tomorrow. Friendly staff. Well worth the trip. Fall colours were spectacular in this setting.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I gave Kingsway a play Monday for the first time in years and I was more than pleasantly surprised. Course was in mid-season shape. Greens were fast & true, fairwauys & tee boxes had nice lush grass. And the view of the hills was spectacular. All in all a great course for CG prices.

I will go back.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    played Pakenham on Monday 10th, over all very nice shape . Greens on Lake ( 9 ) were great / rolling fast & true .

played Glen Mar Saturday 8th, over all in nice shape , a couple of funky tee boxes.
    They were charging $30 for green fee and shared cart , great deal

Meadows - West course had punched fairway and greens...probably running 3 on the stimpmeter

South and North courses are in good shape but greens a tad slow.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Kanata and Eagle Creek are in mint shape. Kanata greens are a little bumpy with the aeration, but still decent.

4 Iron SecondChance is on a distinguished road
    Planning to visit Greensmere Legacy course for the first time.. Has anyone played there recently and how is the condition this time of the year ?

Thanks

I'd say a little soggy...lol

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Outaouais today. East-South. Aside from the damp fairways, Course was in fantastic shape. Greens were fast and they have not aerated as yet.
    Worth the drive for great fall golf!

Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Played Outaouais today. East-South. Aside from the damp fairways, Course was in fantastic shape. Greens were fast and they have not aerated as yet.
    Worth the drive for great fall golf!
    We also played Outaouais and ditto for us. Great track in great shape. Even had some sunny patches to boot!!!

Thread Information