CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Nut sabzor is on a distinguished road

Help me get better!

As this season comes down to a close I can happily say that I have gone above and beyond any goals I had set out for myself at the start. My oringial goal was to break 100 and work hard at developping a swing that is sound and consistent. Low and behold I find myself successfully shooting in the mid/high 80s so it's safe to say it has been a success. I know where my strengths and weaknesses lie and will continue to further develop skills in those areas, but that being said I'm looking for general advice for any 'off season development' if you will.

I'm 27 and pretty athletic all around. I can't help but feel that this is 'my game' and have potential to certainly get into the single digits. I'm just looking for suggestions on anything I can do in the off-season to keep progressing.

- Fitness regimes tailored towards golf
    - Lessons worth taking? Where? With who?
    - Indoor range memeberships?

etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to try and break 80 next season.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    If you live close to the OAC I believe they offer an indoor golf membership that might not only offer an indoor range, but pros to look at your swing as well. Rehearsing the things you want to work on in front of a mirror never hurts. We had bought a full length mirror last year and it was extremely helpful for me last winter.

5 Wood nolrac2 is on a distinguished road
    Go to http://www.mytpi.com/ for fitness etc excellent site. Work on tempo and balance and rhythm (in my opinion the 2 qualities that better players have and rarely sacrifice in every swing). Go see a pro-am at a tournament in person and watch the pros vs the amateurs on the range ..it will be an eye opener in terms of tempo, balance , rhythm. (that is the magic in the pros swing.....they swing much smoother and calmer than you can see on tv).
    tap in

Thread Information