CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

CARLING lAKE ADVICE???

I am playing Carling Lake on Thursday and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what I could expect playing there??

Thanks, Luc
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    For the price, it's awesome! It is a fairly good course, comparable to The Meadows condition wise but with much more elevation changes.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Keep your ball below the hole on your approach shots unless you like putting completely off the green.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsttaylor View Post
    For the price, it's awesome! It is a fairly good course, comparable to The Meadows condition wise but with much more elevation changes.
    Is it really comparable to the Meadows these days? If so, it's really gone downhill since the last time I played it, which was many years ago now.

Like 1972Apex says, if you are above the hole, watch out.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Will do, thanks guys
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I have to say it kicked my butt the last time I played it...lol I think it is nicer and tougher than the meadows....

I hope so, the pictures they have certinaly shows a really nice course. The weather looks promising, I might get it in after all.
    Lefty Lucas

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    How was Lac Carling?

It was drizzly and a little windy but I was the first one out and enjoyed the round. The greens were not in very good shape. You really have to think your way around those holes for sure. I finished with an 85 which I thought was pretty respectable but I thought I left a few shots out there because of a lack of course knowledge. On the first par 3 I hit a great shot to the back pin and it hit the green and it bounced hard over. It is wide open behind the green with short grass (and a tee box) but I could not find the ball. I looked for 10 minutes. The only thing that I can think of is that the marshall was driving behind the green as I was approaching the green and he said hello but I never thought that he might have seen a ball by the tee box or something and picked it up. There is no way I would not be able to see the ball. I never saw him again but I wanted to ask. All in all I would return there but only if I knew the greens were nicer.
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information