CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge paradigm is on a distinguished road

First time on the golf course, your opinion needed, thank you

Hi, I would like to point out that I’m very new to this game and I love it. I’ve only started about a month now. I’ve been to the driving range 6 times hitting 6 buckets. It didn’t click in for me till my 5th time there and suddenly every cylinders in my body start clicking. I was so happy and excited that I was able to hit it and can drive a ball 150 yards (drop not rolling) using a 9 iron. The only irons I’ve used so far are my P – 5 irons. Also I’ve only worked on my putting and chipping once for 30 mins. So today was my first time on the golf course. The golf course is in Lake Forest California if anyone familiar with it. It is a fairly small course, excellent for beginners like myself and good for experienced golfers who like to work on their short game. The course has a 9 holes total of 29 pars w/1155 yards. For more information you can click on this link… http://thegolfcourses.net/golfcourses/CA/14841.htm
    After the game I ended up with +23 could have done around +17 if I work on my chipping and putting a little more. Btw, i lost one ball and found 3 balls So based on my first game on a fairly small course how did I do? Thank you in advance.

About me:

Height 5’5

Weight 135 lbs

Golf Club – Ram G-force w/steel shaft

5 Wood golfmania is on a distinguished road
    I think you did great.

You were a bit over bogey on each hole, which is excellent your first time out and 6th time hitting balls. Sounds like you did well in terms of ball striking and probably (Im guessing) lost a few to putts. In case you don't already, work on your putting and youll see dramatic improvements right off.

Golf is a fun game that provides a lot of entertainment, and gives back what you put into it. Its also a challenging game, so have fun, the number one goal.

Lucky you to play late December. Here we have 6 feet of snow.

Hi golfmania, thank you for you response. I got the hitting down pretty good which help a lot. Could have work a little more on putting/chipping cause that's where i mostly need work on. I will definitely make out a "I need to work on" schedule so that way it will balance out my game. I will keep you guys posted everytime i'm out on the course which might be this weekend. Btw, golf is an expensive sports, I wish the drving range is free cause now i'm hook on this game and i wanted to get out there everyday to improve my game and that = lots of $$$

Thank god no snow, here in Southern California USA is a beautiful time for golf even though it's late in Dec.

Is everyone here mostly from Canada?

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum

Most are from the Ottawa and surrounding areas. Hope you enjoy your golf as much as we do. Only problem is that our season is done. Done I tell ya. :jitter

Only golf we do now is into a screen, a net or a dome. :cryin

All I want for Christmas is the month of April.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Welcome to the Forum paradigm! Any score is a good score when you're a beginner, as you can see already, you've become addicted....the more you practice....the better your scores will get. Keep in touch!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hey guys, thanks for the comments...Too bad the season is over, here we can golf all year round.

Anyways, i will def keep in touch. I will mostly be back to read all the good things on this board and will keep you guys posted on how well i do.

Putter caddyshackgolf is on a distinguished road
    Yeah you did really good in my opioin for your first time out.

You are lucky that you get to golf year round. My season ended in October:cryin .

Can't wait for april but until then I will be snowmobiling and snowboarding.
    "Its not the clubs you own, Its how good you can use those clubs"

Golf for life because life is golf.

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like another possable golf widow in the making!

Quote Originally Posted by covanant
    Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like another possable golf widow in the making!
    I hope not

I haven't been back since then. I will play this Fri and hope to get somewhere around +12 - +15 and beat my old score of +23. I have worked on my pitching so it will help my score. I will keep you posted by then. After a couple of round i will move up to a bigger course.

Thread Information