CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge leroyvegas is on a distinguished road

Has anyone tried the PX5-LS system from GSA

In reading other threads seems there's a mixture of available and hopefully soon to be available products/packages listed on the golfsimfactory site. Not sure if PX5-LS is currently available or in development. Assuming it's available, I was wondering what you guys think about the PX5-LS option vs traditional PX5 that uses the embedded trigger sensor. Is avoiding having the trigger sensor in the floor worth the $2K uptick for the LS package? I'm a little worried this 3rd camera will make the initial setup and calibration even harder for a novice.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    I'm pretty sure it's available. I was one of the ones requesting this as an option because it eliminates the slot in the floor ( putting surface ). I think the real challenge with setting this up would be getting the camera aligned just right. If you stream the other two cameras and place some reference spots (balls); I think the alignment should be pretty easy. You have to do this with the camera trigger as well. I haven't actually set this up so I'm only speculating. There is a learning curve no matter which system you decide on. If I ever move my setup I will be going with the LS for sure.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    mmlincon:
    What is it you do not like about the trigger? The down light or just the slot in the putting path?

most of the issues I had with the triggers have been resolved, but there are still a couple of things I don't like about them. The first is the slot in the putting path, although with a good carpet and narrow slot this isn't a big deal and doesn't seem to effect the putts. Another is just stuff falling in the slot and blocking the sensors. Again not a big deal, but something that must be dealt with occasionally. The third and probably biggest issue is the narrow FOV to trigger the cameras. If you are a decent golfer this isn't really an issue though. Just keep in mind you are dealing with a cone of light, so higher left/right shots may not trigger the cameras. I have young kids who play on mine and they hit so many bad shots half of them don't get registered. There really isn't anything wrong with the camera triggers and $2K is a pretty big pill to swallow for the few improvements. Personally I want to move to an all camera system ( club cam & LS) and am testing it out now to see how well the club cam is working. Not thrilled about having to mark the clubs though. I've just been getting frustrated with the whole shadow based solutions and the V and H cams have been working so well I'm leaning all towards cameras. "The camera doesn't lie"

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    How fare away from the Tee do you have the camera trigger?

I am leaning towards the MX sensor! Just to keep the setup nice and easy! Could also be the name. I am a big fan of the Maxda MX 3 and 5.

Assume the the club will also trigger the ball cam but the software is smart enough to use the first trigger which hopefully was the ball!

I could even be going for the ADX if they have one I can try out. But more likely go with a Px2, a trigger and one cam to play around with. But will go there with an open minde to what would be best for me.

If memory serves it's 59 inches. One big benefit to the trigger setup over the MX is putting. I think the MX is on a fibrebuilt mat. Not the best surface to putt from

Thread Information