CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar

Bringing your own beer to the course!

I might get grilled, but I am sure I am not the only one who does this...

I regularly bring my own beer to the course when I am playing friendly scramble events and I know I will be having more than one or two beers.

My theory... we usually pay upwards of 100$ to play these events, thats fine with me, usually a good cause, good prizes etc, but then add on the 7$ or more a beer and it can make for an expensive afternoon!

I usually buy the same brand sold on the course, I also try and hide it, not supply everyone, etc...

I figure 1.50 to 2$ a beer instead of 7$ plus.

If they would sell it for a fair price.. i.e. 4$ , there would be no point in bringing my own!

And yes, before it's mentioned... I will go to bars with cheaper beer prices as well... I like to pay as little as possible for beer, especially knowing I have 100's at home which I paid 1$ each for! lol

Am i a BAD person???
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    It's not that you are a bad person, it's that you are breaking the liquor laws. The golf course is by law to limit alcohol consumption to only what is purchased from them.

If somebody complains, the course could lose its liquor license for allowing you to bring/consume your own beer.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    I know all about that J, I am just looking for opinions and thoughts... just curious...
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Like Jvincent said,it is the law. And yes I agree with you,the price of beer is way too much but thats one way the course makes money to keep costs in check.ie. green fees,membership costs etc.Very rare nowadays that I have a beer on the course but being a member I try and encourage our club.You are not a bad person just thrifty LOL.
    There was a tournement 2 weeks ago and I saw guy loading two small coolers into the back of the power cart and take off. One way to stop this practice is not allow carts into the parking lot for people to load up. .Heck I have no problem with someone sneaking in a brew or two but 2 coolers ?

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Sorry Seb.. but totally disagree... It is against the law. Do you bring your own beers to a bar or pub?
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Endorsing illegal activity such as this is against forum rules.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information