CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Iron janton79 is on a distinguished road

What Would You Recommend: $3,000 Budget?

Just want to start off by saying this is a great forum with a lot of great contributors and information. So thank you for that.

So let's say you had an initial budget of $3,000 (and already had a computer, projector, screen, etc.). I am leaning towards the PX2 and then slowly adding on to it over the coming years but am curious to hear from the members here. If you could start over and had $3k to start, what would you buy and then what would you be looking to add (if anything) over time? Thanks.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    You might already decided what you want?
    Even that I most likely will upgrade from a DD to a a Px2 / GSA system. I still think you should think hard about getting a DD to get started.
    It is the easiest simulator to setup.
    Require less computer hardware than most other simulators.

But if it is a PX2 you want then go for it. There are plenty of PX2 owners here on the forum that can and will help you if you get into setup problems.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Good advice syhlif32. I would recommend the DD. If you want more then the Protee or GSA systems are great.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey Janton,

As always these guys have great recommendations.

For your price range, here are the current options for sensors & software (be careful as these prices will most likely change without notice at any time):
    Optishot - $399
    P3ProSwing Base System - $599
    P3ProSwing Base System with Grass Top - $798
    P3ProSwing Base System with Grass Top & 18 Premium Courses - $1097 (reccomended)
    GSA PX1 - $999
    GSA PX2 Lite - $1699
    GSA PX2 - $2699
    *Note for these PX systems, if you want true putting, you will need to add a ball sensor - est $999

I really like P3Pro for the club accuracy and tech support - but I don't mind taping the woods and putter to get that accuracy.

Hopefully that helps, but you can check out the comparison at http://www.par2pro.com/compare.php or feel free to email me at cory@par2pro.com for more info.

Happy Golfing,
    Cory

I've read all of the posts in this forum and the Protee and GGA websites but am still a little confused. What is the difference between the GGA PX2 and the Protee 2.0 sensors only mat? Is the Protee sensor mat the equivalent of the PX2 plus MX (which GSA calls the PX3)? I just find the information on the manufacturer websites lacking.

Also, to any GSA owners out there, what GSA components have you added to your PX2's?

Thanks to all.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Yes, functionally, the Protee 2.0 sensor mat is the same as the PX2+MX.

If you plan on adding LA cam and ball path cam(more accurate than MX or any ball track), I would recommend skipping the MX or PX3.

Pitching Wedge JJSmith is on a distinguished road
    We got our protee a while ago. There is 1 cam included. works great. We also have a trugolf and GSA (without cam).

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by JJSmith View Post
    We got our protee a while ago. There is 1 cam included. works great. We also have a trugolf and GSA (without cam).
    How do the three units compare to each other aside from the Protee having the camera? I would be especially interested in hearing the comparison from an ease of use standpoint as well as accuracy (at least to the extent you are able to percieve).

Thanks

Pitching Wedge JJSmith is on a distinguished road
    It is difficult to compare these system. Different hardware, different software.

My personal experience:

Trugolf : Graphics+, Details++, Ease of use ++, Accuracy+, Support++
    Protee: Graphics+, Details+, Ease of use++, Accuracy++, Support++
    GSA: Graphics+, Details+, Ease of use+, Accuracy+, Support-

The GSA is difficult to setup, it has too many settings, the ball track system sometimes reads club as ball and launches a ball when you walk over the sensors (+1). Also difficult to get support. We do not have the camera which probably will solve some issues. The courses are good. The advertisement banners are great.

The protee cam is easy to setup once you know how it works. The 70 page manual doesn't describe all the cam details, but the support is great. They provide remote support and configure the system for you. Also they are available via online chat. The courses are the same as GSA. The menu system is better. Protee offers online play and you can connect sims together. The 3d mobile app needs a phone or tablet with high resolution otherwise some of the buttons will not show.

Trugolf has online play as well. You can't connect it to the protee (that would be a nice feature). The graphics are great but not as fresh looking as the GSA or protee. The courses however are all very detailed. The sonic ball detection works great. It doesn't draw or slice as much as the GSA or protee. Expensive compared to protee or GSA.

All 3 systems have trial versions so you can see for yourself.

JJ

Great info JJ. I rather enjoy my Protee. I suppose the GSA would be better with the camra setup. The Protee cam is easy to setup and they are developing a horizontal cam as we speak. All good news. I am in the process of getting the E6 software for the Protee and will let you guys know all about it.

Well, for those thinking that Martin at GSA has disappeared or is not responding to email, I sent him an email yesterday about any discounts on the PX2 and he responded last night that $2699 is the lowest he will go. Oh, well. It was worth a shot

I am a little worried about the complexity of setting up and tweaking the PX2. I am not very tech savy and the Protee remote support sounds like a huge plus to me.

$2699 for PX2+75 GSA is a very good price. Around this time last year, the PX2+65 GSA sold for around $4000 I believe.

All systems need tweaking and there will be learning periods. The PX2 can be complex to some people due to the fact that GGS has too many hardware options. Their software is a work in progress as it tries to support legacy, current, and future products/software. The PX2 comes with two simulation products. GGS's ProX and GSA. ProX is outdated and should be scrapped. A lot of time was spent on silly ideas. Martin should have just concentrate on the LX and SX.

The PX2+LA+ball path cam would result in an accuracy of +++. The cameras are a little pricey at the moment but when Protee adds the ball path cam, prices will drop. The cameras take some work to setup but once you go through the process once, you'll realize that it just takes a little common sense.

As for support, GGS is one man while Protee has a team of people, so support will be better from Protee.

A little trivia for those that don't know, Protee is where they are mainly because of Martin. He was their chief engineer. My PX2 has "Protee" etched in it and I suspect that the current PX2 boards still do.

ZMax is correct on all accounts.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm planning on ordering a PX2 this week and then adding LA and ball path cam over the next year. Trying to keep a happy wife.

You should take a look at the ProTee as well and try to price match.

Hey bubba22,

Are you currently beta testing the H-ball cam? Just wondering how close they are to getting it done.

Btw, when will you have the E6 working?

I contacted both Protee and GSA to get some pricing (Protee discounted slightly from the price on their webpage). But let me ask this: is it correct that a Protee sensor mat with a vertical launch cam (the PS3 cam) would be the equivalent of a PX2, MX and CX1? If that is the case, then it seems like the GSA setup would cost about $2500 more. Is that right? If so, then Protee would probably be my choice.

I am testing the hcam and it is very close. The E6 should be here this week so will report once I get it up and going. janton79 both systems are comparable. My advice is get the best price but rememer that the support is very important. You do have some great GSA users on this site for support but Protee support is better than the GSA from what is all said.

Quote Originally Posted by janton79 View Post
    But let me ask this: is it correct that a Protee sensor mat with a vertical launch cam (the PS3 cam) would be the equivalent of a PX2, MX and CX1? If that is the case, then it seems like the GSA setup would cost about $2500 more. Is that right? If so, then Protee would probably be my choice.
    No, GGS's equivalent of the Protee 2.0 with LA cam is the PX4 which sells for $4999.

The Protee 2.0+LA cam = $5593 but comes with a screen and putts are made from the sensor mat. Putting sensor is extra.

The PX4 does not include a screen but putts can be made from a putting surface behind the BX trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    My advice is get the best price but rememer that the support is very important. You do have some great GSA users on this site for support but Protee support is better than the GSA from what is all said.
    Great advice bubba22 but I will add that there's no guarantee that GSA users such as myself will continue to post on this board. I get no kickback or even special discounts on GGS products.

Good points Z. Given the advice and support you provide , you should b getting something from GSA.

Just to be a beta tester of new products would good enough for me....

Decided to purchase the PX2 today and will add on cameras periodically. Thanks for the advice in this thread and others.

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by janton79 View Post
    Decided to purchase the PX2 today and will add on cameras periodically. Thanks for the advice in this thread and others.
    I think it would be great if you would keep everyone updated once you receive it on how you like it as well as how you set it up.

Best of luck with it and I, for one really hope you enjoy it to the max!

Thread Information