100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Out of Bounds chipandput is on a distinguished road chipandput's Avatar

Covered practice range

Does anyone knows if the dome at Landsdowne Park is open?Thanks.

9 Iron goodfella is on a distinguished road
    shouldn't matter...the Thunderdome (www.ottawathunderdome.com) is way better out in the east end....way bigger=more ball flight and nearly half the price for season memberships...I just paid 240 or so until April 15th. I paid 150 a month last year at Landsdowne.

Thunderdome

What does it cost an hour to hit?Is it very busy? Thanks

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    DRIVING RANGE HOURS:
    Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm.
    Opens December 1, 2004

Unless you are retired or working on shifts this schedule is pretty useless for 90% of us. Too bad.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Covered T at Landsdowne opens on January 3, their hours are also limited due to other sports in the evenings: http://www.coliseum.ca/golf.php

I'll have to go check out the new Thunderdome, first I hear of it.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

9 Iron goodfella is on a distinguished road
    Thunderdome is not very busy at all...not sure about hourly rates though sorry....might be on the website?

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    This one is open at night. They have not updated their site to english yet. 10 minute drive from Ottawa.

http://www.hullywood.com/2005/french.../filetgolf.htm

Connor's building range.

I was there last week and unless you're in really big need of swinging the ball, I think that the nets are too close(maybe 30 feet).

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar

Thunderdome

The Thunderdome is $10/half hour. I go for 1/2 hour in the morning (8 am) and I can still be in work by 9. It is warmer than the Lansdowne dome when it gets brutally cold like now. My only beef with it is you cannot see any shot hit high at all (white roof). It is empty in the morning.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I don't understand why Ottawa doesn't have a fully dedicated, full flight golf dome. With the number of golfers in the area it could easily be supported. I used to be a member at the one in Calgary when I lived there. There's also ones in Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Kitchener, & Mississauga, and they're just the ones I've been to. For crying out loud there's even one in Thunder Bay of all places, and there's bound to be more. Puzzling... :shake
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hybrid Timothy.Reeve is on a distinguished road

Info on ThunderDome rates

The ThunderDome is charging $10 per half hour. Whether that is reasonable depends on how quickly you set up, I guess. When I have some time on Monday to Friday while they're open, I will definitely try it out. Here is a link on the opening day some weeks ago.
    Cheers,
    Tim

http://www.orleansonline.ca/pages/N2004120201.htm

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar

Re: Thunderdome

I'd expect the Thunderdome to be fairly busy next week during the break. Otherwise, it is empty in the morning. I find a 1/2 hour is all I need to hit balls; I typically work on a single thing during that time and any longer is just beating balls. What would be really nice is a short game area with a semi-realistic green to hit chip and pitch shots (my score inflaters! )

King Hawk Sphere Hunter is on a distinguished road Sphere Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by byerxa
    I'd expect the Thunderdome to be fairly busy next week during the break. Otherwise, it is empty in the morning. I find a 1/2 hour is all I need to hit balls; I typically work on a single thing during that time and any longer is just beating balls. What would be really nice is a short game area with a semi-realistic green to hit chip and pitch shots (my score inflaters! )
    I bought a 5 hour package at the Thunderdome for about $60 (I think it was $58 + taxes) the other day. With this package they gave me a free half hour. I have gone twice and both times it was empty. If you break this up into half hour sessions you can get 11 sessions which is just a little more than $5 per session.

SH

5 Wood golfmania is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by goodfella
    shouldn't matter...the Thunderdome (www.ottawathunderdome.com) is way better out in the east end....way bigger=more ball flight and nearly half the price for season memberships...I just paid 240 or so until April 15th. I paid 150 a month last year at Landsdowne.
    I used to go to thunderdome when they devoted the entire inflated area to a driving range, about 80 yards deep...then they switched that to soccer and moved the driving range to netting, about 10 yards deep.

Is it back to the inflated tent area?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmania
    I used to go to thunderdome when they devoted the entire inflated area to a driving range, about 80 yards deep...then they switched that to soccer and moved the driving range to netting, about 10 yards deep.

Is it back to the inflated tent area?
    I believe that you are referring to the Thunderbird on Richardson Side Road versus the Thunderdome. The range is no longer in the cold Dome area, but in the old tennis and fitness area that you walked through to get to the Dome. The full fitness/tennis area is now setup for soccer in the evening and golf during the day. The ball travels about 30 yards, not as good as Landsdowne or the Thunderdome, but a lot better than 10'. And it's comfortable, too.

At $250 for 5 months, 8 to 4, Mon. to Fr., the price is reasonable. It does pay, however, to be retired.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    I believe that you are referring to the Thunderbird on Richardson Side Road versus the Thunderdome.
    I'm confused. I thought the range on Richarson Side Road was called the Thunderdome. Where is the Thunderdome?

I checked the web site and see that Thunderdome and Thunderbird are not the same place. My previous post regarding pricing was referring to the Thunderbird.

In the Zone psniddy is on a distinguished road
    What about the OAC. HAs anyone been there? I know its more expensive but it includes instruction.

Oac

Been there for 3 years and it's a good place to learn.Be carefull and stick with one pro or you could get too much infos wich could fu&&%%k you up.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by byerxa
    The Thunderdome is $10/half hour. I go for 1/2 hour in the morning (8 am) and I can still be in work by 9. It is warmer than the Lansdowne dome when it gets brutally cold like now. My only beef with it is you cannot see any shot hit high at all (white roof). It is empty in the morning.
    Checked it out this morning. Very nice setup - more room than at Lansdowne and definately better temperature control. The white roof IS an issue because you can't pick up your ball very well when it is in flight, but you can clearly see when the ball hits the roof/netting so it is not that big a deal when the place is not busy (I was there at 8:30 am and had the place to myself for the first 1/2 hour). If it was open evenings I would take definately take out a membership, but I guess I'll just have to pop in when I can. REALLY felt good to be hitting a ball more than 6 feet.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Thread Information