CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Home and auto insurance

Guys I just switched over my car and home insurance to forum member Sakuraba.
    Not only did he save me a bundle (and by a bundle I really mean a bundle-enough to buy a full set of golf clubs off of here) but Andrew is also very knowledgeable and very professional. Highly recommend him.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Which company is he with?

Last edited by Chieflongtee; 03-15-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    + 1 , i used Andrew before and he saved me a bunch too
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Not for a moment questioning the Chief's comments or recommendation. But, for me, with 40+ years of insurance buying experience, the two most important things are Service and side/side comparison. That is where a good agent becomes very valuable. I no doubt pay a little more than I could but my company has more than earned my loyalty through unquestioned service including waiving the deductible on an auto theft claim and a multi-year, multi-repair roof insurance claim. It has also been my experience (Belair Direct) that if you have had a claim, of any kind, a new insurance company will not insure you, or if they do, will do so at inflated rates due to your "risk" level. Just like buying golf clubs, do your homework, ask around and then go for the best price with the best service.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsttaylor View Post
    Which company is he with?
    Didn't you come to our office on Beechwood and buy some wedges from me once?

thanks for the kind words Chief. The website is being redone, btw.
    Andrew

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Andy is a top notch guy. We are in the process of switching over our car and house insurance and are very pleased with his efforts to find the best deals and coverage for us.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    So I had an accident a few weeks ago, i'm at fault, and the insurance says the car is a write off. I had the 5 year replacement on the vehicle so I have two options, buy the same model or go for a different car altogether. If I get the same model, they'll get me the newer year version (2011 vs 2010) at no extra cost to me. But if I go for a different car, they say they won't give me more than what I paid for my car in the deed of sale ($23K)... and if this other car I buy is less than $23k, I don't get to pocket the difference. Is it smarter to get the 2011 golf, or buy a car that will cost close to $23k... ?

extra bits of info: My deductible is $0, not sure what my new premium will be, and I still owe $10k to vw on the old car.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    assuming your premium will go up, and maybe a lot, why pay more, and why pay less? If you liked the car, get the same one. it's the easiest and least amount of hassel.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

I have accident forgiveness, so my premium won't go up but I lose the endorsement and need to be a good driver for the next 6 years.

I think I should get the same car, my only complaint is that the wipers suck (front and back) and it doesn't heat up fast enough in the winter!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    I have accident forgiveness, so my premium won't go up but I lose the endorsement and need to be a good driver for the next 6 years.

I think I should get the same car, my only complaint is that the wipers suck (front and back) and it doesn't heat up fast enough in the winter!
    suck how? in the winter? try different blades or winter blades. and get a car starter if you want a toasty car....
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Yeah the wipers don't wipe! I should try different ones.

Just found out that VW hasn't made the city golf since 2010, so I guess insurance will have to get me a comparable model, Golf 3-door or whatever... SWEET! they look good.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    The replacement cost agreement pays to put you in the current model year of the car you lost, or pay you what you paid originally for the car, whichever is lower. Effectively, you should be very close to recovering every payment you have made on the car from the time you purchased it (no depreciation). There isn't a particular advantage to you (in my opinion) to take the current model year over the original sales price, because new car prices haven't changed much in the past few years. Get what you want. You'll have a sizeable downpayment.
    With the accident waiver, you are now tied to your current insurer for the next 6 years, because no other company will be able to forgive that accident (that is not the case in PQ, I am assuming you are in Ontario)
    The amount you owe on a lien has no bearing on what they pay, the lienholder name will just appear on the cheque so you can't cash the whole thing, you get whatever is leftover after the lein is paid out.
    What a shock that you drive a car called "golf" you have the sickness.
    Andrew

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    Hi Andrew

Spoke with you this summer when my Dad died. Didn't know that you did business in Ontario. Will give you a call this week about some insurance changes I am considering I am looking at.

Did some business again with Andrew. Very impressed by his knowledge and professionalism.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Andrew is the man when it comes to insurance. We switched everything over to his company.

Thread Information