CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stolen Clubs

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar

Stolen Clubs

Some ER broke into the underground garage at my apartment building, smashed a bunch of cars windows including mine. Got in and stole my Callaway Big Bertha 454 10* Driver, and Callaway Steelhead 3w. Driver has a Hogan zipper headcover, 3w has a matching Callaway headcover. They were kind enough to leave behind the rest of my bag, including my irons, at least.

If anyone sees somebody trying to hock these, break their kneecaps for me.
    Wannabe Golf

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I hate that crap, I have been the victim of car break-ins many times. If I see them I will point to the stands like Babe Ruth and homer that sucker's head there. What area of town was it? If I were you I would scan the surrounding streets and garbage dumpsters for your clubs, I found some of my stolen stuff down the street from my building. Second thoughts by the perps when they leave the scene and realise that the clubs are pretty obvious.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Halfway between bayshore and lincoln fields along ricmond road. Just noticed they got my putter too - Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spyder. I'm literally blind with rage
    Wannabe Golf

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    if you have a local pawn shop go there and let them know what was taken, they may help.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    check Kijiji, craigslist, usedottawa as well...
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Nationwide Player Mr. Chi is on a distinguished road Mr. Chi's Avatar
    Brutal....sorry to hear that

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    There's nothing more frustrating...

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    On the brighter side, at least they left you your car so that you can drive around for the next few weeks reporting and replacing stuff... (just trying to add a little lighter side to an otherwise ugly incident!)
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Sorry about your luck Jonathan. That sucks!

I'll keep an eye out for any of these items and let you know if I see any of them.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that. I hope you find your gear.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Foddz, if you want to join Garth, Dan and myself at La Cite on Saturday morning I will replace your driver with a 2007 Big Bertha 460 at no charge. It's the one that inspired you to buy the 454 in the first place LOL. I may have a 3 wood as well but will have to verify.
    If you can't make it Saturday I'll find another way to get you the driver.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Thanks for the offer, Reid. I'm already playing 36 holes on Saturday - I'd have to invent a time machine if I wanted to fit in more at this time of year. We should try to get out for a round before the season's over, regardless. I also still have that amp you were looking for this spring, if you still want it.

I can replace my stolen 3 wood with one of my 'surplus' clubs - I have a 4w and a strong lofted 3 wood that I can make do with in the mean time. Either that or when I go to Golftown tomorrow after work I'll cave and buy a Diablo 3 wood on sale for $80.

I might also have a lead on a replacement putter - fingers crossed.
    Wannabe Golf

8 Iron HATTERS is on a distinguished road
    If you filled a police report if the go to a pawn shop they have to clear a hold time that the police check all items brought into a pawn shop and if they flag it the cops go a get it from the pawn shop.
    Down fall is some times takes a few weeks or months to get it back if the find it that was case, i feel worse for the pawn shop owner when it happpens cause they are out the money usally

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    In any case Foddz, the driver is put aside for you if you want it. If you need it ASAP I can find a way to get it up to Ottawa for you. Otherwise we can maybe hook up for a round in the next few weeks.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Thread Information