CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Nfl 2011

Team Match Play Champ 2011 shaner85 is on a distinguished road shaner85's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    While the word from the Pats is that Gronkowski is likely to play in the Super Bowl, I have my doubts. High-ankle sprains typically take 6 weeks to 6 months to heal. The twisting that his ankle took was severe. I cannot imagine that the injury could repair itself that quickly. Nor can I imagine that even with the best basketweave tape job, the symptoms of that injury can be masked. If the Gronk plays, he cannot possibly be as effective as he would be when his healt is 100%. He is the Pats biggest offensive weapon. Without him, they are a much weaker team. For the Pats to win without him, they'll have to play well over their heads, while getting a break or two. Here's hoping that will happen.
    While I agree with everything said in the quote, I think that Hernandez then becomes the wild card...Until he got hurt in around week 4-5, he was keeping pace with #87...He could be the sleeper that gets them another title...

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    You're right. Hernandez presents many challenges for any defense. A guy who's as big and as fast as he is, who can even play out of the backfield, will keep the Giants very busy. But when the Gronk is also playing, it magnifies the problems for the other team. That said, I agree with you. Hernandez is a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by shaner85 View Post
    While I agree with everything said in the quote, I think that Hernandez then becomes the wild card...Until he got hurt in around week 4-5, he was keeping pace with #87...He could be the sleeper that gets them another title...
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 shaner85 is on a distinguished road shaner85's Avatar
    I hope that 87 starts just to keep that DEF honest...I doubt Ocho will even dress so that leaves Branch on the outside alone and he will attract a little more attention...I just hope the O line can keep Brady upright...That G-men pass rush has really become effective of late...

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    I put $20 on the Giants. But I want Pats to win.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

The Pats o-line has to protect brady or he'll be covered with Gmen.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    At the start of the playoffs I said the Giants would make a run, but that run stops now. Eli is over rated and so is the giants pass rush. Pats will find a way to protect brady and when they do, it will be a blowout. 35-14 Pats

Ugly game. Except for two drives, the Pats offense was not sharp.

Congrats Giants!!!

The Giants deserved the victory. The Pats' defence was poor, and their offensive line was awful. Brady threw a lot of good passes that were mysteriously dropped. You don't win games like that!
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

The Pats O-Line played great in my opinion. We lost because of 4 dropped passes in the 4th quarter's last 2 drives.

I forgot to say congrats to Giants, even though I now officially hate them.

I would have liked to see what Gronkowski on 2 good wheels would have done to that Defence...I think the game plays out differently but I guess I will have to wait until next year...Nice win for the giants (but I dont like them at all)...

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Pats really had no sustained drives except the one to end the 2nd quarter , was kinda odd to see so many dropped balls especially in the 4th q
    Manning played well ( 70% completion ) and the game plan was well executed , 10 yard sceens and slants for the most part. That catch by Manningham was the game breaker.
    It was not an exciting shoot-out but the fact that it went down to the last play was enough to keep me interested. It would have been even better if Brady was making that last pass from say the 35yrd line. A 50+ hail Mary is not really strategic.

The Pats made one bad gaff when they could have called a time out to stop the clock just after the 2:00 mark and they let 30 ticks run off the clock however that play call to let Bradshaw walk in and score so they could get the ball back with some time left was brilliant.

Giants were the better team, they deserved to win , congrats to them and their fans

A buddy of mine put $200 on the Giants @ 25-1 back around week 6 , nice payout for him

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    So what's worse?

Stealing signs or putting a bounty on someone's head?
    http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2012/0...ion-case-lead/

Last edited by Chieflongtee; 03-05-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Who Dat? Alex Smith Dat!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Bears sign Brandon Marshall from Miami and Weems from Atlanta, solid pickups. Who is gonna grab Peyton?? Tennesee?
    Andrew

I didnt see Miami in the #18 sweepstakes to begin with...I would now rule them out for sure...I see him in 49er land or in Arizona...

The 4 teams (apparently) that are in negotiations are Denver, Arizona, Tenessee and Miami. With one pundit on espn saying it will be Denver. Although he is being flown to Tenessee as we speak apparently.

I wish Lovie had tried form him. To hell with Jay Cutler, the idea of Peyton throwing for the Bears gives me goose bumps.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    The 4 teams (apparently) that are in negotiations are Denver, Arizona, Tenessee and Miami. With one pundit on espn saying it will be Denver. Although he is being flown to Tenessee as we speak apparently.

I wish Lovie had tried form him. To hell with Jay Cutler, the idea of Peyton throwing for the Bears gives me goose bumps.
    The only problem with CHI is that it is outdoors (he is a dome QB), the O line wont be able to keep him upright and Marshall is the only receiving threat they have as of now. I think you would see Forte doing a lot of blitz pickups and not much downhill running...

I dont see Tennessee being a good place just because they dont have the WR and CJ is kinda a bust...And they wont contend right away...He needs another ring to match little bros jewellry...

Mario Williams is a Buffalo Bill...I hope that Brady and the rest of the division are ready...

And Peyton is a Bronco! Wow, instant contender, and now where will Tebow go?
    Andrew

Payton should have went to the 49ers. Superbowl guaranteed.

You mean that he should have gone there.

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    Payton should have went to the 49ers. Superbowl guaranteed.

Not sure who wants Tebow...but the Broncos contend if the Defence can do what it did last year...And Demarius Thomas should be a real highlight guy this fall...

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shaner85 View Post
    Mario Williams is a Buffalo Bill...I hope that Brady and the rest of the division are ready...
    Come on! The bills are like the leafs...doesn't matter who's playing for them they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    Come on! The bills are like the leafs...doesn't matter who's playing for them they suck.
    No disputing that....they do suck....but the QBs in that division are going to have to take notice...unless williams underperforms in true Fitzpatrick fashion and cr@ps the bed...LOL...

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    The bills could go 16-0 and still find a way to not make the playoffs.

I guarantee the saints dont go 16-0 this year!!! The bills will have soneone else hogging all the spot light....Your Phins are still in big trouble...

Thread Information