CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golf Shoes...

4 Iron Keals is on a distinguished road

Golf Shoes...

Good day folks, I just want to see what everyones stance is on golf shoes. I have a single digit handicap and I do not wear golf shoes. For a matter of fact, I don't even wear a glove!

For some odd reason, I do not like golf shoes. I wore some for a few rounds but can't seem to like them enough nor feel comfortable enough to wear game them every round. Am I the only one out here who doesn't wear golf shoes?

I play with a few buddies who shot in the 90's and they can't seem to figure out why I don't wear golf shoes. I keep telling them: " I can't stand the feel of them!". Anyways, like I mentioned earlier, i just want to know if any have seen this or heard of this before and if you know of any other golfers out there who are like me.

cheers

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I've seen it before.

The only problem with non-golf shoes is that they don't tend to be waterproof. You also have the issue with slipping on bad footing.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    I've slipped a few times even with the spikes on my golf shoes, I could only imagine how it would be without them. And yea, waterproof is a biggie. Granted they do make golf shoes now that are almost sneaker-like, best of both worlds?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    there's nothing more comfy than a good pair of running shoes but I wouldn't want to play golf in them due to slippage and lack of waterproofing.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    I can play golf without my own clubs and without a glove. However, I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT play golf without golf shoes. It is simply a complete waste of money for me to even try. I have tried but I am so uncomfortable and, even if I don't, I feel like I am slipping all over the place. I may as well be playing naked! (...bad visual!).

I also hate getting my feet wet....lol
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Par Sparkplug is on a distinguished road Sparkplug's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with it.

I bet you have a nice smooth swing; tempo and balance as a result a single digit handicap!

Your lucky you don't play with a glove. Saves some money.

Unfortnautely i think we all end up swinging like Bubba sometimes and our games suffer.

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    Comfort factor is highly dependent on the amount spent on golf shoes. In the past, I would buy the cheapest shoe possible, usually resulting in sore and tired feet. I switched to Adidas Tour 360's and the difference is astounding. They are without a doubt the best shoes I have ever owned, and I own several pairs now. I could play without golf shoes or glove, but I can guarantee my scores would suffer for it.

Pitching Wedge golfsparks is on a distinguished road golfsparks's Avatar
    It's necessary to have a shoe that can handle wet course especially when you are a golfer who play rain or shine.
    Have a great [URL="http://www.golfzoo.com"]golf vacation[/URL] my friend...

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I understand that people can play without golf shoes, however I think it's a critical piece of equipment. Seeing as the power in the golf swing comes from the shift in body weight which is related to your legs and ultimately feet that should be planted in the ground to provide that athletic stance. Not having golf shoes (with spikes) on can put you at a huge disadvantage.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I also think i need golf shoes to play but I played with fellow forum today and it was rather damp this a.m and he was wearing running shoes and he had fantastic tempo and hit the ball straight and long all morning. So much for my theory.lol

Thread Information