100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

X-Mas present you will buy for yourself

Ok guys

Who's been good this year and is going to be getting something under the tree from santa? Anyone going to convince the kids that santa left you a new golf club??? Any equipment being bought this year for yourself??

Gotta admit I'm looking at getting a new shaft (another Aldila ENV to match my driver) for my 3 wood.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Let's see now. I know Santa is bringing me a new golf cart. In the spirit of the season I bought myself a centre-shafted CER putter at Golf Works and a David Feherty book from Amazon. I went to Golf Town on Tuesday and cashed in that gift certificate I got for my birthday on a MacGregor MT Tourney gap wedge. Not really a Xmas thing but a gift nonetheless.

Plus I'm getting a set of Callaway X14 Pros from Proforged tomorrow (don't think he'll be wearing a Santa suit when he drops by, but you never know), and last week UPS delivered a Taylor Made Rescue Mid. So I must have been good, cuz it feels like Christmas all year round for me!
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    I asked Santa for a new swing but got the news today that he won't be able to deliver :cryin

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Cantin
    I asked Santa for a new swing but got the news today that he won't be able to deliver :cryin
    Yeah... I heard Tiger has got them all tied up... hopefully Santa is going to bring him a good one so we can hear the end of it...
    nice_lag
    Almonte

As long as the :cyclopse is around you will never hear the end of it

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    A nice Sabona bracelet and a new 983E 9.5* driver. Should be fun!

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    No golf equipment that I know of, but I hope Santa brings me some nice framed pictures (ie:Mike Weir at the Master's). Thing is though "the wife" does not like those picture frames as she says I have enough "junk" already.........it has only begun !
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Ok guys

Who's been good this year and is going to be getting something under the tree from santa? Anyone going to convince the kids that santa left you a new golf club??? Any equipment being bought this year for yourself??

Gotta admit I'm looking at getting a new shaft (another Aldila ENV to match my driver) for my 3 wood.
    Nothing golf planned, might be an x-box in the future (I could add Links to make it gold\f related...)

I might just have an NV shaft for you as I'm not sure I like it in my driver...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    No new clubs here but I just bought a new computer and installed Links 2003. If only Santa can help me break par now!

Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    framed pictures (ie:Mike Weir at the Master's).
    I have the April 21, 03 copy of the Sports Illustrated of Mike when he won the Masters Framed and on my wall already.

Good luck getting your's on the wall.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Santa's bringing me a new cart, and a new golf umbrella ( picked them out myself, he's a friend of mine ).

I have the same problem, wife doesn't like those framed golf pictures in the basement either, oh well that's why she stays upstairs!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

I have the April 21, 03 copy of the Sports Illustrated of Mike when he won the Masters Framed and on my wall already.

Good luck getting your's on the wall.
    Hhhmmmm you just gave me an idea. I used to collect Michael Jordan magazines way back when, I have lots of them, I would never ever be able to frame those covers and put them on my wall :cryin .........or could I ?
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hhhmmmm you just gave me an idea. I used to collect Michael Jordan magazines way back when, I have lots of them, I would never ever be able to frame those covers and put them on my wall :cryin .........or could I ?

Being single dad does have some advantages. Plus the g/f doesnt really mind some of the things on my walls, or the fact that my clubs, ball rack and trophies are in the LR/DR

You must have some wall available somewhere, like the "Dog House" walls maybe???

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

let's see

hard to resist sometimes when I am out christmas shopping..

a new golf bag for me!
    2 boxes of balls

from santa...

a new travel bag
    a new umbrella
    a new ball retreiver
    maybe some new golf shoes!

that should do it!

You must have some wall available somewhere, like the "Dog House" walls maybe???
    Actually my space is The Garage, it has been converted into a Living Room/TV Room/Junk Room, those walls are MINE, but we are soon moving into the basement and we're already discussing the walls down there and who OWNS them ? :po
    Myrtle Beach Golf

but we are soon moving into the basement and we're already discussing the walls down there and who OWNS them ? :po

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Actually my space is The Garage, it has been converted into a Living Room/TV Room/Junk Room, those walls are MINE, but we are soon moving into the basement and we're already discussing the walls down there and who OWNS them ? :po
    "discussing" in marriage is a no win situation. Even if you win, you lose...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    "discussing" in marriage is a no win situation. Even if you win, you lose...

DOH!
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    No new clubs here but I just bought a new computer and installed Links 2003. If only Santa can help me break par now!
    Shtick:

Once you feel comfortable playing Links, you should sign up for the SSGA Tour - http://ssga.proboards18.com/. Its a good bunch to play with. More than that, a number of us play and talk (using Skype) on Friday evenings. Skype users can talk to one another (conference calls are permitted) free of charge using their computers.

Michael

Xmas Serve Santa

Santa has already provided me with a Momentus Swing Trainer. I've been swinging it every day. So far, I haven't broken any furniture. It remains to be seen if it will have helped me come springtime.

3 Wood jimrobin is on a distinguished road

New Golf Bag

Walked into Golftown last week and found a number of Taylor Made R500 Staff golf bags on sale for $128.00 (reg $400-$500). They said they were demo's (holding clubs) but they looked brand new, not a scratch on them. I grabbed one headed straight for the cash register (feeling like I was stealing it for that price).
    Got home and told the warden (wife) she was done Christmas shopping for me.
    Then this week found a matching umbrella 1/2 price at T&L warehouse sale (I guess the kids will buy me that).
    Now if I can only find somewhere, then someone to buy me matching H/Cs.

Quote Originally Posted by mpare
    Shtick:

Once you feel comfortable playing Links, you should sign up for the SSGA Tour - http://ssga.proboards18.com/. Its a good bunch to play with. More than that, a number of us play and talk (using Skype) on Friday evenings. Skype users can talk to one another (conference calls are permitted) free of charge using their computers.

Michael
    Unfortunately, I don't have internet anymore at home (I moved to Wakefield). I used to play on Links 2001 Tour for a couple of years....

My one concern now is that I can't download any courses. I guess that I could always download them at my brother's place and save them to a CD and upload them onto mine instead.

BTW... after playing Links 2003 for just over a week now, I'm already shooting under par regularly (real time swing)!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Ok, I GOTTA get Stonebridge to you! PM or email me your mailing address and I'll mail you a cd.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    Unfortunately, I don't have internet anymore at home (I moved to Wakefield). I used to play on Links 2001 Tour for a couple of years....

My one concern now is that I can't download any courses. I guess that I could always download them at my brother's place and save them to a CD and upload them onto mine instead.

BTW... after playing Links 2003 for just over a week now, I'm already shooting under par regularly (real time swing)!
    Shtick:

I have hundreds of courses, all of which were legally downloaded from the Net. If you'd like me to burn you a disc, I would be happy to do so. As well, I could get you the Patch 1.05 and 1.06 if you'd like. Just let me know and we can figure out a way for me to get them to you.

Michael

cool

Michael,

Sounds great! I assume that you already have Stonebridge (thanks anyways Dan) so I might as well go with mpare's route. We can figure out details through PM's......

Thanks a lot!

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    MY wife has told me I can go and buy new irons for myself for Christmas. My first reaction was, ok, where is my real wife and who is this person they have replaced her with!!!!

Seriously though, I have the green light because she does not feel comfortable buying me clubs so she told me to just go ahead and buy them myself!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    MY wife has told me I can go and buy new irons for myself for Christmas. My first reaction was, ok, where is my real wife and who is this person they have replaced her with!!!!

Seriously though, I have the green light because she does not feel comfortable buying me clubs so she told me to just go ahead and buy them myself!!!!
    Northwestern that is

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael

Not only does my wife not feel comfortable buying clubs for me, she's not comfortable with me buying them either.

I did however take advantage of a great deal at Kona Golf's IRBG store on eBay. Got a full set of Raven forged blade heads for a sweet price, and there's more deals to be had where that came from. Next up, shafts. I like what I'm hearing about the Mercury Savage steel. Thanks Jim.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

6 Iron Keithsguy is on a distinguished road Keithsguy's Avatar

Talking 580 Xd

Big sale on at SportChek in Place D'Orleans. Post Xmas gift, very happy. 9.5* stiff.

Agent99
    In case you didn't know, the movie Bobby Jones Stroke of Genius is now available on DVD. Haven't watched it yet. Will soon. Found it at Costco's ($23.99).

Thread Information