CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar

Power Balance bracelets on Tour

Just watching the PGA Tour and there seems to be a lot of golfers wearing these Power Balance bracelets. At least I think that's what they are:
    http://www.powerbalance.com/

I saw Ricky Barnes with one on each arm, Romero with one, a couple others at least.

Anybody wear them?
    It's obvious it's a complete crock, so do they just wear it because of a mental thing?

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    yikes, I wonder if wearing two of them has been clinically tested. Its possible that Barnes could be stumbling around like a drunk by the end of the round... Or he could have super powers.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    I always wondered about that stuff. I had a friend who played CFL and swore about using magnetic insoles. I tried a pair and was amazed by the balance I had. I believe the product was Kinetics and had to do with the earths core being a magnet and that is why the better balance if that makes any sense?
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Snake oil - power of suggestion - wishfull thinking - try anything just in case it actually works.... etc.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    NBA players wear this stuff all the time.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Worst commercial in history on the golf channel.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

3 Wood cokelon is on a distinguished road cokelon's Avatar
    There is no doubt that the energy of the human body can be transformed with different metals out there. It all comes down to what each of you guys believe in. They interviewed Shaq a while back about PW wristband and he was saying how his shots improved immediately after he was wearing the band. Do you guys remember the old bands they use to sell made of metal with 2 balls one on each end?? Well this time someone took the time and really designed something that doesn't bend, doesn't stain your wrist, is decent looking band you can be customized with your team colours etc.

I tried one couple of months ago for 3 weeks, it felt a bit different but not something that I can say "Hey I improved my balance in my golf swing dramatically, first off because I am not a pro and my swing and contact varies from shot to shot. But hey if you guys buy it a GT you have 30days to return it. So you are not losing money if you don't like it.

That's my 2 cents

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Must be a belief thing. I played a round with guy that had one, and I asked about it. He told me to try it out, first without it on, stand on one leg with my arms out. He pushed my arm down and I lost balance. I then put it on and did the same thing, I kept my balance! (although, my body knew it was coming and automatically adjusted for it this time, plus he didn't push as hard).
    I guess if people swear by it and it makes improve then that's a good thing, they just have to make sure not to do any research into it

http://gizmodo.com/5723577/powerbala...nds-are-a-scam

7 Wood strong49 is on a distinguished road strong49's Avatar
    Gizmo

3 Wood LeftyT is on a distinguished road LeftyT's Avatar
    I wear the Power Balance necklace. I think its all in the head...I think it works. I definitely wouldn't be paying $40 for the power balance bracelet or necklace. My brother also wears the bracelet and he claims to have less pain in his lower back and have more energy. So I guess its whether you believe in it or not. I have a buddy who also swears by it. If anyone is looking for one and you're in Ottawa, I can hook you up with one for less than what everyone else sells them for.

Again...to each their own.

Hybrid Grouchy is on a distinguished road
    The thing is, magnets are not some mystical impossible-to-understand phenomenon. We're around them all the time, they've been studied since ancient times. Now suddenly someone realizes "Hey, strap one on your wrist and it makes you awesome! It works 'cuz the Earth is also a magnet, so logically, ummmmm. It just works OK?"

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Snake oil - power of suggestion - wishfull thinking - try anything just in case it actually works.... etc.
    For any amount of money I would wear a power bracelet!

I once talked to Christina Kim and she was wearing the Q Link necklace. She told me without it she was in a fog

I wonder if she still wears one?

Now I will attest to wearing a copper bracelet for arthritis. I wore one for years while I worked at Ford. I quit wearing it about a year after I retired. The aches and pains slowly have come back so I am going to start wearing it again.

As Dan said, Snake Oil and if someone can be sucked into buying it then the company cashes in.

PGA Pro's will wear them for endorsement money. Like the guys using the new R-11 and white Burner drivers and covering them up with their main club sponsors head covers. Cha Ching cha ching.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Thread Information