CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter mstone5021 is on a distinguished road

Garage practice system

Hello all,

I'm looking to set up a system in my garage, primarily for practice. I currently don't need a full sim setup (no projector or courses needed), however I did want to have the ability to track basic numbers to ensure that I'm hitting the ball in the right direction.

Any recommendations for:
    • A net
    • A golf mat
    • A sensor that can measure:
      • Clubface angle
      • Club path
      • Clubhead speed
      • And optionally:
        • Vertical angle of attack (ie: am I hitting down on the ball)
    • A video system which can record my swing
      • Bonus if it can also:
        • Integrate into the sensor system so I can match with swing with the numbers
        • Record at a higher framerate than 30 f/s
        • Simulaneously record from two angles
    Down the line, I may consider upgrading to a full sim with a projector etc. but for now, I'm happy to run it using a laptop/small PC.

Thanks!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mstone5021 View Post
    Hello all,

I'm looking to set up a system in my garage, primarily for practice. I currently don't need a full sim setup (no projector or courses needed), however I did want to have the ability to track basic numbers to ensure that I'm hitting the ball in the right direction.

Any recommendations for:
    • A net
    • A golf mat
    • A sensor that can measure:
      • Clubface angle
      • Club path
      • Clubhead speed
      • And optionally:
        • Vertical angle of attack (ie: am I hitting down on the ball)
    • A video system which can record my swing
      • Bonus if it can also:
        • Integrate into the sensor system so I can match with swing with the numbers
        • Record at a higher framerate than 30 f/s
        • Simulaneously record from two angles
    Down the line, I may consider upgrading to a full sim with a projector etc. but for now, I'm happy to run it using a laptop/small PC.

Thanks!

Sounds like you are looking for a launch monitor. Look at the Accusport Vector, the Foresight GC2 or the Flightscope. By the way how much room do you have and what is your budget?

Putter mstone5021 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks Bubba. My budget can eventually support a system between $8-10k -- however this is my first in-home golf system so I want to ensure that I would actually like (and USE) the system before plunking down 10 grand. I suppose I was envisioning something like a p3pro mat to start -- and if i liked it, adding all the other doodads including a screen and possibly a launch monitor system.

I have a good amount of room -- essentially a two car garage with high (>10 ft) ceilings. I can get exact measurements in a couple days (I'm currently traveling).

Will a mat-based systems offer what I'm looking for? Currently I don't need spin numbers and launch angles as much as simple clubface angle and path. Of course, if I get hooked on the system, I'll want more, but I don't want to overdo it initially.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    I remember seeing a video system that worked with the Optishot but expensive ~ $800 It would save both the video and all the swing info.
    Can't find it anymore!

But I think you will want to have launch angles I for sure miss that on my DD and if I just could figure out which system to change to I would change right now.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    I remember seeing a video system that worked with the Optishot but expensive ~ $800 It would save both the video and all the swing info.
    Can't find it anymore!

But I think you will want to have launch angles I for sure miss that on my DD and if I just could figure out which system to change to I would change right now.

Her you go http://www.swingtechnologies.com/SvpDancinDogg.aspx. Not worth it in my mind and I think it only integrates with their older software. Just get the v1 or something similar and run along with your launch monitor such as a Vector etc.

Thread Information