CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar

Slomo swing capture

Is there anywhere you can go where they have cameras setup to capture your swing either on the range or in a simulator room? I'm not talking about 1000 frames a second or anything, just something a step or two above the standard hand held shaky cam type thing.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    You might be better off getting one of the cameras that supports a super high frame rate like the Canon 100HS. I can go as high as 240 fps and will only run $200.

There are probably other options out there too.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    If you have an iPhone you can get the Swingreader app that works pretty good. You can play your swing back in slow motion and put lines on if needed.

The only problem with camera phones is that they only capture at 30 fps so there will be a lot of blur.

The slow-mo (or high frame rate) capable cameras will really let you see what's happening during the swing.

thanks for the tip, it'd be nice of some place offered it up as a service and sent you on your way with a usb fob with projected ball flight, clubhead and ball speed for each swing etc...all worked into a bunch of videos.

I'm in the market for a new camera, that one looks pretty decent.

4 Iron Domo is on a distinguished road Domo's Avatar
    casio makes what is 'generally' considered the best hi-speed/point and shoot cameras out there. The Exilim line is the one you are after (FH100/ FH150, FH20/fh25) the older models (lower numbers) are harder to find but cheaper.
    whatever you do you'll want something that has manual shutter speed control and can do 240-300 frames/second.

a little on the pricier side tho

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    casio makes what is 'generally' considered the best hi-speed/point and shoot cameras out there. The Exilim line is the one you are after (FH100/ FH150, FH20/fh25) the older models (lower numbers) are harder to find but cheaper.
    whatever you do you'll want something that has manual shutter speed control and can do 240-300 frames/second.
    I use a Casio FH20 at 420 fps and with the frame by frame advance; it's wonderful. However, not good recording indoors.

Did a bucnh of online checking and dropped by a local store, the Elph 100 is looking pretty good. I'm sure they will all be good enough for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    I use a Casio FH20 at 420 fps and with the frame by frame advance; it's wonderful. However, not good recording indoors.
    I don't think many of them are yet, especially in the sub $800 range.

If you use it indoors you will need a LOT of extra lighting.

By a lot I mean some of those 1000W+ halogen work lights.

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    the fh-25 is nice due to the backlight but is no longer on the market... as stated you need lots of light to use the high shutter speed.

well, camera rocks only prob is it only takes 30 seconds of slomo at a time, I guess it's to keep the chip from overheating. Anyhow, I think it was JVincent that said you don't wanna see your swing lol, he's right. This was a swing that produced a pretty good ball though.

On the plus side; I never knew I could get away with that full a swing, I've been working on that lately.

The bad; I used to pick up the club back in the day when you weren't supposed to, know that it's fahsionable I'm laying it off until the top. I like the simple backswing assosciated with a quick wrist cock, I don't think I'm loading up my wrists as much as I could because of that. I also am not seeing the snap at the bottom I'd like to see. Other swings today had better timing I think, but this was a decent swing that produced a decent result.

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...ing-driver.mp4

here's a down the line

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...ine-driver.mp4

y;know, I used to have that rediculous laterla hip move from the 70s as a trigger. Im glad that it's gone cause it's not really an iron swing IMO and I'd like to keep my hips if I can, but I don't feel like I'm clearing my hips enough watching these clips, maybeit's just the angle. I'm still sort of "between swings" with my driver, my plane and alignment is changing all the time< I notice I'm setting up farther right than I think, it fells to me like I'm wide open lol, it's settling down though. Anyhow, work in process. Next clips wil be better I hope.

Thread Information