100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Belly Putter

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Question Belly Putter

Considering looking at a "belly" putter to fix some of my putting woes.
    Had a TM Rosa for years but lost confidence in it last year. Over the Winter I purchased a YES Sophia (Jim Furyk's last victory) which is a blade. Also losing/lost confidence in this. I had two concerns going into the year, first the light weight making for a major adjustment in swing length and alignment. The distance control has not been an issue but the alignment has (self-fullfilling prophacy?). Missing left or right on straight putts regularly from 2-4'. Have a few questions about your experience with these putters...

>How hard is it to adjust to this longer putter?
    >Will the longer putter (braced against the body) eliminate / reduce the sloppy back and through I think is causing my mis-hits?
    >What should I be looking for in a longer putter? (Don't think the longer - shoulder height - ones will work for me with my back issues).
    >Can I get a club head set up similar to my TM, or is there limited selection?

Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    just bought a TM white spider belly putter for my daugther was 43" but cut it down to get her properly fit. Curious on others feedback on best way to use it.

- where do you fix it to - 2" above belly button?
    - do you fix it above and to the front part of your stroke versus centered if you place your ball forward of stance?
    - do you rock your shoulders or feel like more of a hands putt? hands tend to open / close the face more.

- its cut down for her. i tried it as a short putter for me. i love it. the heavier weight is great. the roll is great. the feel is great. just look a little silly on me but roles great.

- have you tried left hand low, standard grip, right hand low but hands seperated?

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    The Golf Channel just had a week of instruction on (700 pm) from Faldo, Miller and Floyd regarding all aspects of the game. You should be able to find the episodes on their (TGC) web site. Faldo plays around with a belly putter for practice. As I recall he says to put the butt of the putter into your belly just to the right? of your belly button. As for the movement he said because it is so long you need to rock the shoulders and arms in sync (pendulem like), and NOT use the arms alone. Best of luck.
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

Thread Information