CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simulators

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Simulators

OK, I couldnt take it any longer. Got the shakes for the last time, yesterday morning. Played indoors at Golf-O-Max last night for the first time this year.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I feel better that I got my fix. Need to work a little harder on the elbow squats but other than that and the new softwear, it was a great night out with da boys.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar
    I played the new software a few weeks ago. Wasn't that impressed. I kept hooking the ball. I neverhook the ball. Didn't really find it all that realistic in terms of ball flight. The graphics were much better, but that was about it!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    It was better last night than when I played it on Monday. They put a new screen on the unit and tightened it up. Worked much better. Driving distance seemed a bit down, but I didn't hit the ball that well all night so it was hard to tell.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Still needs a bit of tweeking I guess. They'll figure it out sometime I'm sure.
    No matter what, it still beats not hitting the ball and having a few laughs with the boys.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    So Steve, when's the first Cleaners game of the silly season?

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    It was better last night than when I played it on Monday. They put a new screen on the unit and tightened it up. Worked much better. Driving distance seemed a bit down, but I didn't hit the ball that well all night so it was hard to tell.
    I'd heard that they had added courses but this is the first I have heard of "new" software.

Have they simply upgraded all the units to the software that was on #2 last year, or is this something totally different?
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    I'd heard that they had added courses but this is the first I have heard of "new" software.

Have they simply upgraded all the units to the software that was on #2 last year, or is this something totally different?
    This is newer software than what was on #2.

Touch screen technology, on sims 8,9 and 10. Course list is here:

http://www.golfomax.com/courses.htm

We played Oakland Hills last night.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dasnutz
    I kept hooking the ball. I neverhook the ball. !
    I found the new software more real when it comes to distance of the tee and with Irons, The new software doesn't reward you with mediocure shots. You are either right on or not. If you hit a bad shot you see a bad shot, and when you know that you had a decent swing you will be rewrded with good results. I couldn't play well because I didn't swing well, ( My body woudn't take instructions from my half cooked brain while under beer influence) and I knew it every time I hit the ball. After all we know our swing better than the software does.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Need to work a little harder on the elbow squats
    Little rusty at the beginning of the season, are we? I'm sure you'll be in peak condition just in time for...spring!
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Farzin
    My body woudn't take instructions from my half cooked brain while under beer influence
    Hmmm, I'm sensing a theme here...

FWIW Farzin, in my case it seems to be the instructions from my half-cooked brain while under beer influence that is the problem!

el tigre........I tried real hard and even went back yesterday to practice some more. The beer was cold and the rhum ebevn better. Elbow is working just finnnnnne now.

The softwear IS more like outside BUT there still are some issues with it. It does tend to draw/hook a little toomuch. I agree with dasnutz that the softwear still need some tweeking as I dont draw balls outside and hardly ever hook one. But yesterday and sat, I must have done it over a dozen times. But it's a game and I will enjoy my winter no matter what.
    Last edited by NoBack; 12-06-2004 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    el tigre........I tried real hard and even went back yesterday to practice some more. The beer was cold and the rhum ebevn better. Elbow is working just finnnnnne now.

You went back yesterday...

Colby

5 Wood doctor-wedge is on a distinguished road
    if you are more interested in more accurate software and realistic feedback , you should try the simulator`s at Pine View. the distances of all my irons and wood`s seemed to be bang on.

Putter Code Blue is on a distinguished road
    i agree. the sims at pine view are the most realistic i've seen. it even showed me my dreaded yuk shot!

We played those same simulators at Winters Greens, no longer with us, and the way the sims were set up there made them difficult to play as the clubs kept hitting the side panels. That being said, the software was a bit suspect if you hit a low shot, and the putting (as in all simulators) is a little suspect. With the lack of courses, I don't need to play that software again.

I have no issue with the new software at GolfOMax. My driving distance is about right, my irons are almost dead on and the chipping is much improved. I still hit a draw when I swing too fast there, trying to kill the ball, but when I swing like I should, everything works out pretty well.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    We played those same simulators at Winters Greens, no longer with us, and the way the sims were set up there made them difficult to play as the clubs kept hitting the side panels.
    FYI, Pineview has the same simulators BUT THE SET-UP IS DIFFERENT (same as at Golf-O-Max) so that you do not hit the side panels.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    I got a call on the weekend from what used to be Winter Greens. Apparently they shutdown and a new outfit has taken over (including their database of customers). I don't remember the name of the place but he claims that they have new software this year.

Might have to give it a try.

Thread Information