100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vijay or Tiger?

Putter Calibogie is on a distinguished road

Vijay or Tiger?

Who will be the big money winner for 2005? Vijay , because he's a work horse? Or Tiger, because he still has game?

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Welcome to OttawaGolf Forum

Ahhhhhhhhhh those newbies. :shake

VJ of course. Right Andru??? Farzin???
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Neither, it will be Weir. But seriously, oops, it will be Mickelson!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

5 Iron mmills820105 is on a distinguished road
    I think Vijay will once again win the money title next year.

Don't count Tiger out though, he's winning a major next season....

Vijay or Tiger?

I read your opinions but not reasons to back them up. Obviously Vijay plays more games and should make lots of monet, but will he stay a top ten contender? Has Tiger solved his "swing" issues or is he now beatable?

Ok here are the reasons VJ will IMO, again be number one. Tiger's numbers in red.

#1 on money list (4th)
    #1 in scoring average in 2004 (4th)
    #1 in top 10 Finishes (2nd)
    #2 all around ranking (8th)
    #2 in Greens in Regulation (47th)
    #2 in consecutive Cuts (1st)

Best work ethic - bar none

Not to mention he plays in an awfull lot of tournaments.

Vijay loves winning and works hard to do it. When he's not winning, he works even harder. I think he'll have another stellar year, and will work to keep himself in good shape.

Tiger, as everyone knows, loves nothing more than winning Majors. I think the fact he hasn't won a Major in over 2 years drives him to no end. I think he'll work hard to win another major (or two?) this year. Also, he wants that No. 1 ranking back. Now that he isn't No. 1, it almost gives him something else to work toward. He is going to have a great year, but I just don't think as great as Vijay will have.

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Next week Vijay is playing at Tiger's tournament, "Target Golf". Hold on to your stats tight and keep your fingures crossed , befor they become meaningless bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Farzin
    Next week Vijay is playing at Tiger's tournament, "Target Golf". Hold on to your stats tight and keep your fingures crossed , befor they become meaningless bud.
    Nothing is ever meanningless in this forum, now is it?

Andru
    Steve.

I never said I didn't like VJ in fact when everyone was on him for the Annika thing I was still in his corner.

I was ( like everyone else ) cheering for Mike at the CanOpen. If it wasn't going to be Mike I'm glad it was VJ. He practices hard, Coaches himself, Supports the Canadian Open EVERY year. He's always at the telus skins game. He makes 2 appearances in Canada every year. Now that he's number 1 it means that much more.

I think TIger has his game in a better place but he still has the same problem. He'll never hit the ball lke he did in 2000. He's changed his swing. He's going to have up and down years like his buddy Mark O'Meara. That's the way his swing is going to work now. I wish he would go back to Butch.

Andru, I was refering to the Tiger debate of past in this forum to welcome Calibogie. Was all tongue in cheek.

I agree with you 110% on ................

I was ( like everyone else ) cheering for Mike at the CanOpen. If it wasn't going to be Mike I'm glad it was VJ. He practices hard, Coaches himself, Supports the Canadian Open EVERY year. He's always at the telus skins game. He makes 2 appearances in Canada every year. Now that he's number 1 it means that much more.
    He DOES go to many tournaments like the Canadian Open and that's what people like. Everyone wants to see him just like they want to see Tiger. The thing is, Tiger palys a whole lot less and does make regular stops like VJ does.

Did I tell you I like this site? Good work folks.
    I asked about VJ and Tiger to help set up a Pool I run.:blush This is the only snag I have. One on one, or put Tiger with a helper against VJ. I had assumed VJ would be top choice for all concerned, but I wanted to see if there are any Tiger diehards who would never leave his side.
    Should everyone take VJ, there would be no point to include Tiger. If Tiger gets a helper it might add interest yet over power VJ. Your thoughts???
    I look forward to your pool. I've book marked and am poised to enter.

5 Wood golfmania is on a distinguished road
    I cant see VJ doing it two years in a row, or ever again. yes, he's in the groove. #1 money, yes, cause he's playing every tourney like hes just out of Q-school. But he's 40 something. I cant see him staying there. If Tiger fixes his drives, itll be him. If not, I'm not voting for either.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    If Ernie Els can play in a few more tournaments on the PGA tour, I'll vote for him. Ernie gets my vote, Weir to finish second, and Vijay & Tiger & Mickelson to fight it out for 3rd.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

The problem is, you need to make your picks prior to season start. At least in my pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogie
    Did I tell you I like this site? Good work folks.
    I asked about VJ and Tiger to help set up a Pool I run.:blush This is the only snag I have. One on one, or put Tiger with a helper against VJ. I had assumed VJ would be top choice for all concerned, but I wanted to see if there are any Tiger diehards who would never leave his side.
    Should everyone take VJ, there would be no point to include Tiger. If Tiger gets a helper it might add interest yet over power VJ. Your thoughts???
    I look forward to your pool. I've book marked and am poised to enter.
    If I were you I would have put Vijay and entire field against Tiger.
    two for two after 2 days and more is coming.
    I hear silence there. Need some help boys. I don't hear the horns blowing?

Agent 99,
    Why the code of silence here?

Tiger wins, for a change!
    Myrtle Beach Golf

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    :readheart Tiger :readheart

Quote Originally Posted by Andy4Par

Hip Hip Hooray.

I guess Tiger showed us. He's the best. He's going to win 15 of 20 tournaments in 2005.
    Anything less and it will be a disapointing year for Tiger.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    A silly season tournament on a course that is not set up to PGA standards. Nice touch by donating the money to charity. What I could have done without is the f* bombs and the g*dm*its when a shot goes offline. Grow up already.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

That cursing makes Tiger look very foolish and childish! They should have a 5 second delay when he plays
    Myrtle Beach Golf

That's Tiger though. In his mind, every shot should be perfect. He hates it more than anyone when his shot doesn't go as he planned. I mean, I saw dammits from Tiger on Sunday on shots that were 15 feet from the pin. If he wants a shot to go five feet, and it goes ten, he's pissed. That's what makes Tiger, Tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by mmills820105
    That's Tiger though. In his mind, every shot should be perfect. He hates it more than anyone when his shot doesn't go as he planned. I mean, I saw dammits from Tiger on Sunday on shots that were 15 feet from the pin. If he wants a shot to go five feet, and it goes ten, he's pissed. That's what makes Tiger, Tiger.
    Actually it's what makes Tiger immature and disliked by individuals all over. He has a certain responsibility given his position in the world, whether he wants it or not, to act like a mature human being. There are kids all over watching his every move, and he is setting a really poor example.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Actually it's what makes Tiger immature and disliked by individuals all over. He has a certain responsibility given his position in the world, whether he wants it or not, to act like a mature human being. There are kids all over watching his every move, and he is setting a really poor example.
    Exactly! Grow up.

If he doesnt like the media coverage, the attention his "game" gets, the autograph seakers, the kids, the cell phones, the cameras, the security and oh yeah the gazillion dollars he gets for it, then he should leave the game. :shake

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Exactly! Grow up.

If he doesnt like the media coverage, the attention his "game" gets, the autograph seakers, the kids, the cell phones, the cameras, the security and oh yeah the gazillion dollars he gets for it, then he should leave the game. :shake
    Obviously Tiger doesn't play for money, He plays to win. He is the perfectionist. If he doesn't make a perfect shot, he is not happy, nothing wrong with that. He also doesn't need media attention, The media needs his.
    He gave all his winning to charity 1,250,000.00 this week and 310,000 last week for kids. I mean all of it "1,560,000.00. Who is that you are talking about?
    If you don't like him, don't watch him when he is in contention because the whole coverage would be him and rightfully so. It's tough though where you never saw #1 ranked player on TV except for on 18 hole, Because he wasn't #1 player in the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    . What I could have done without is the f* bombs and the g*dm*its when a shot goes offline. Grow up already.
    You are not Tiger, so you take it like a grown up man and admire Tiger for what he is, enjoy watching his gracious yet ferocious swing for as long as he plays.
    I forgot this

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    As Tiger walked off 18 yesterday, with his head down and in a hurry, I thought "That's it??? Didn't he just win?"

Yes he did, but he didn't acknowlege the crowd much.

It is great that Tiger gave so much money to charity. It is totally great and terrific.

He did swear a lot.

He played well too, and the bozo screaming on 18 (I think) did not cost Tiger the event. I have seen what he puts up with, and it isn't getting better.

A mixed bag in actions and kudos, good and bad. He's not superman, but he's not a badguy either.

Quote Originally Posted by Farzin
    You are not Tiger, so you take it like a grown up man and admire Tiger for what he is, enjoy watching his gracious yet ferocious swing for as long as he plays.
    I forgot this
    What are you talking about? Golf's a gentleman's sport and Tiger is behaving like a spoiled brat, swearing on national TV whenever a shot goes bood. Even if it lands 15 feet from the pin, he's gripping. What's next, a little helicopter action with a club or two? That would be entertaining TV watching Stve Williams running around the course picking up Tiger's clubs!

And you are wrong. We don't need Tiger. Golf was around a long time before Tiger and will be around a long time after. Hopefully a better role model for the kids will emerge soon.

Time to start writing letters to Tiger's sponsors. Maybe set up a petition site where people can sign a petition to have Tiger's mouth washed out with soap.
    Colby

Thread Information