CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar

Yikes, almost closed the deal

Shot an 80, 9 over. I was 3 over after 13, then the short game fell apart .

I'd like to blame the guys behind us that started hitting into the green before we had cleared out, but eh...I just folded.

Best game since I started playing regularely again a few years back, and the first time in 20 years I've played an actual really good game. I've had some good scores but I've had to hack my way there. Today was a 75 that ballooned into an 80.

This comes on the heels of one of the worst rounds of the year for me. handicap didn't move that much though ,

Anyhow a new personal best at Champlain and hopefully back picking up where I left off back "in the day"

cheers

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Good game. When im having a good round i try to think about anything but my score because thinking about my score does not help my game, it kills it!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    Congrats. A good game always feels good.

ya on the 14th I though about the worst case for my cap doubling in, in almost happened lol. I really think if there hadn't been the distraction of the group behind us I would have kept focussed. They dropped balls on the 13th green when we were still in the area. On the 14th I had a 12 footer for birdie, which I didn't deserve cause I sliced two fairways over off the tee but anyhow, just as I was ready to hit I heard a ball drop. I though they had hit into uis while we were still on the green! It was the next green over though, but I never got bnack into it and ended up leaving the putt woefully short missing my par, doubled the easy 15th where they hit when we were barely off the green for the third time, this time I shouted nicely back, "let us get off the green before you hit thanks" or something like that.

Next time I got it

It's funny I had just decided I still had some uphill climbing to do before I recaptured any previous form I used to have, now all this decent round will do is get my expectations up unrealistically high again

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    nice shooting ! checking the scorecard and doing the math when you know you are having a good round is the kiss of death. But it's hard to avoid the temptation.

It's like a playing partner saying "if you par the next 2 holes you'll break 40 on the front....."

ya, but I can't look away lol.
    thanks guys

Another 80, this time from the blues, 10 differential. It's just a matter of tme baby .

Of course I had to shoot a 100+ yesterday to get myself in the mood...

OH, boith 80s came without a single fairway hit with the driver lol, today I managed to at least keep the driver on the right hole.

The goal is to play in some events next year .

Thread Information