CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    angmic23

Heading to Jamaica

Hello All
    The wife and I are planning a Jamaica trip in Jan/Feb and we want a golf included resort. We are leaning towards Breezes Runaway Bay. If anyone has vacationed in Jamaica we would be most grateful in hearing how it went.

cheers

Lob Wedge Tree_wood is on a distinguished road
    My wife and I went down there in December almost 10 years ago now. Nice golf course. You have to have a caddy, and one of the best is Cleaveland. He knows every inch of the course and can tell you exactly where to aim. Some of the holes have blind approaches to the green. It is actually cooler to play in the afternoon when the sea breaze kicks in. So what we would do is go over in the morning, take the free instruction from the resident pro, hit a bucket of balls, and then go have lunch. Tee off after lunch. Great way to kill a day.

The hotel itself was ok, all inclusive so no worries about food and drink. The rooms were a bit dated but ok. The beach was nice, lots of activities, great pool, and hammocks in the shade. Great place to read.

Have a great time. We did.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Been to Jamaica twice, Riu Negril and Beaches Negril. Friend stayed at Runaway Bay and came to our resort everyday as she did not like the rooms or food at Runaway bay. She did not recommend it.

I would recommend Negril, then look at resorts based on who is travelling with you. I.e. Kids or not. FYI, Negril is around 90 minutes from airport via bus but is a great scenic drive. Nicest beach, 7 Mile Beach, I've ever seen in my life. Do some snorkelling or diving while your there too its awesome!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Sand Wedge Jordan is on a distinguished road
    Two words:

White Witch. Greatest course in the carribbean. But that's just what I've heard- I've never been there.
    Its' just outside of Montego Bay

Pitching Wedge golfsparks is on a distinguished road golfsparks's Avatar
    The White Witch Golf Course features panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea from 16 of its 18 holes. It is 10 km from Sangster International Airport and 10 minutes away from the nearest Hotel.
    Have a great [URL="http://www.golfzoo.com"]golf vacation[/URL] my friend...

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    I've played White Witch and it is indeed very beautiful and challenging. Lots of elevation changes. Unfortunately, I played it in July, their off season, so conditions were poor to say the least. It was also very expensive, even with the off-season and aeration discounts.

Right next to White Witch is Rose Hill, a Trent Jones design (senior, I think). Haven't played it, but it looked like a nice design from the outside. Also heard a lot of good things about it. Also expensive.

The nearest hotel to these two is Ritz Carleton, there's a shuttle bus that goes from it to either course. Dunno if they have golf packages, but if they do, it'll cost a pretty penny.

Pitching Wedge golfsparks is on a distinguished road golfsparks's Avatar
    Staying at Ritz Carlton is a bit expensive.
    Have a great [URL="http://www.golfzoo.com"]golf vacation[/URL] my friend...

Thread Information