100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar

Personal Best and update on Bearbrook

Just shot an 84, a new pb at Bearbrook. Greens shaggy but overall 6/10. Its not that bad.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Heard a story that the RCGA was out to Bearbrook this week "measuring" elevation and distances. Being the suspicious sort I wonder if this is the kind of activity that would precede or be a condition of sale?

Oh wouldn't it be nice if it sold to someone with deep pockets who actually invested some coin in it. It is so close and has so much potential. Oh to dream...

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Who then try to recoup their investment by building houses all around the course and hike the greenfee to $70? Is that part of the dream, Steve?

Well you got me there? I do not want to see it turn into Stonebridge, but for us East enders its a great track with loads of possibility. I can play 18 and be home by 11 there love that!

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Who then try to recoup their investment by building houses all around the course and hike the greenfee to $70? Is that part of the dream, Steve?
    If I were an Investor, that's what I'd do, wouldn't you? If they build a course, charge that, and people are willing to pay it, where is the harm? Personally I would not pay that to play any course (except perhaps some PGA Championship courses). Don't see why making a profit is such a sin. IMHO unless they get absorbed by some conglomerate, no names mentioned, they in all likelihood would be competitive with the other east end courses of similar quality and value (i.e. Casselview, Nation, Metcalfe). Rather than be a negative it will give those of you (not me) with "game" and deep pockets just another place to play and enjoy.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I have played Bearbrook several times this year 13.00 LM with EG that is an absolute bargin. As many others have said they like to play the course as do I. It does have a couple of "mickey mouse" holes but it also has a variety which makes it nice and relaxed. It is really too bad that the owner was not able to actually do a good job for many reasons--some his own responsibility, others, well they can be numerous---there is no use going there. I do hope that it gets sold and someone actually puts some money into it---if it does not I will still go and play a few times a year. You have to admit that the grass has been cut better this year---some attempt at drainage has been made. I'm even thiking of offering a set of yardage stakes for the fairways in return for a few games------little things like that would made a huge difference.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thread Information