+ Reply to Thread
    Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar

Arthur Extreme Engineering

Has anyone tried these shafts? I was looking at either the new caliber tour or the 7 series. I need to replace my stiff flex speeder 757 and was just looking for some reviews. I swing over 105mph with the driver and I have a real quick tempo. Looking for that penetraing ball flight.
    "I'm a hockey player but I'm here to play golf today" Happy Gilmore

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Best bang for the buck out there right now.

I've got the Tour 6 in my driver, and the FWY in my 4W and hybrid. Great feel and very stable.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Bill Wood
    Interesting Greg - Im looking for a replacement or copy for a Speeder 652 which are really hard to find and I'm thinking about this shaft as well. Have not tried the shaft but am hearing good things all over.

Bill Wood
    I pulled the trigger on a couple of Excaliber Tours - regular - I've got two Nak NP1 Heads - a 9 degree and a 13 degree - so Ill let you know a little more after I make up the drivers.

Scratch Player kilmidyke is on a distinguished road kilmidyke's Avatar
    Great shafts. I know that Greg at GolfWorks had a couple of drivers shafted up for demo.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    I have the Xcaliber 6 in my Wishon 919THI driver and it is amazing.
    I will be buying hybrid shafts from AXE as well.
    Last edited by Break68; 05-24-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I can't see there being many shafts out there that perform better than these, regardless of price. I had a Wishon 919THI 9.5* head on a Xcaliber 5 stiff, but found it too loose for my swing. I was hitting low hooks, which isn't the norm for me. Got John to swap out the 5 for a Xcaliber Tour 6 stiff and the club is a bomber. The extra stiffness in the lower portion really helped straighten out my drives. Sure, if I get on one, I can still hook it left, but those only happen when I really try to go at it (as evidenced by some of my drives in our scramble yesterday once one of my teammates but a beauty ball in play ). Not sure why you need to spend $300 or more when you can get a sweet driver shaft for a mere $50-60 at Golfworks!! Now if John would only let me try out those Xcaliber graphite shafted irons and wedges he has!!!!

And next week I'm going to put a Harrison Shotmaker in it to see if I can't tighten it up a little more.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 08-20-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    You're going to have to wait on the irons bud.

I might have to re-forge the 5i though. It lost a battle with a buried rock today and there is a huge gouge in the leading edge.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Meh, I like the 555s, I'd be happy with just the shafts to put in my irons and wedges.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Bill Wood
    Excaliber's are installed in a 9 degree Nakashima head, and a High Launch possibly a 13.5 or so. Haven't hit them yet, but the practice swings are very very smooth in a medium weight shaft. I'll hit them on Thursday and do a review for everyone.

Bill Wood
    Results Excaliber Tour shaft. This is a major league shaft. Hit it in a regular. Very stable at transition. Very long with with a 9' head. I also tested the shaft in a High Launch Nakashima. The head was closed and loft very high. Had to compensate for a very High hook - but the shaft performed admirably. I can recommend this shaft to anyone - regular or stiff. I'm replacing my woods as well with this shaft I like it so much. Buy it - hit it - like it. Period. And that's saying a lot since it replaced a 652 speeder.

Just found this on Golfwrx.com forum, but it is actually originally posted on the Golfworks Clubmaker forum:

XCalibers - white/red lines on butt of the XCals
    by RobinDArthur » Thu May 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Greetings -
    I've had quite few ?s re: the markings on the butt end of all the XCalibers, so I thought explain them within this forum.

When the shafts are checked for frequency during QC/QA, the technicians are instructed to find the most stable plane, and if that is within spec, mark that plane with a white line. The shafts are then rotated 90 degree <counter clock-wise, or to the left from the butt end> and checked for rotational consistency, that is it must be within spec. That plane is then marked with a red line. During the painting/logo application process, the red plane is to be aligned with one of the three "daggers" with the white line facing 9 o'clock, or the target line for a right handed golfer. So when assembling an XCaliber, one should simply align the white to ball flight direction, and the game's on. Of course we're talking about a manufacturing process 13k miles away so sometimes they do miss it, but never by much. Hope this helps.
    Robin
    Last edited by Break68; 05-24-2012 at 10:03 AM.

I just bought an Xcaliber Fairway wood shaft, I will have it installed the way Robin Arthur suggests above.
    Last edited by Break68; 05-24-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Albatross freddyottawa is on a distinguished road freddyottawa's Avatar
    I've been looking at these shafts for a while. I'm going to pickup a 6+ 65gm and have it put in the driver head I will hopefully soon acquire (K15). I have heard nothing but good reviews about these shafts.

Sand Wedge Dwayne is on a distinguished road
    I just re-shafted a set of X-22 irons with the Xcaliber iron shafts for a friend of mine. While I was ordering from golfworks I picked up a KE4 driver head and Xcaliber 5 shaft for myself. These are very nice shafts for the price. I would recommend them to anyone.

Thread Information