100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello everyone!

Lob Wedge Samba-Jane is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone!

My name is Samba-Jane and I'm coming to you from hot and muggy Toronto Canada. I am a novice golfer; I've never used an online community to learn and share before, and I look forward becoming a part of Ottawa Golf. My time is very limited with work and home life, but I'll try to be as active as I can.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a representative of Samba Days, a gift experience company based in Toronto. Part of the reason I'm here is to learn what people enjoy most about golf which I'll then share with my employer so we can fine tune our offerings. There's a commercial angle to my participation here, but I'm NOT here to go crazy with promotional materials or start some spamming campaign. I'm here to contribute meaningfully to the community and to get something out of being here for myself. If any commercial interest is to be served, it is secondary to those goals, and will always be within the rules/standards of Ottawa Golf community.

My manager uses a handful of IT-related communities, and he suggested I be up-front about my affiliation and intentions because apparently spam is a problem for many communities like this.

I look forward to meeting people and making acquaintances and friends along the way. Thanks in advance for welcoming me to Ottawa Golf community.

- Samba-Jane

Pitching Wedge rakesh is on a distinguished road
    Welcome to the club!! Hope you would enjoy your stay here.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Welcome.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Glad you could join us...and appreciate the candor...
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Pitching Wedge golfsparks is on a distinguished road golfsparks's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum. You'll definitely learn a great deal from people here and enjoy your stay.
    Have a great [URL="http://www.golfzoo.com"]golf vacation[/URL] my friend...

Lob Wedge Samba-Jane is on a distinguished road
    Thank you for the very warm welcome and the encouraging words! I really appreciate them. I hope to become well-learned and be better in golf.

Thread Information