+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cedar Glen

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Question Cedar Glen

Thinking of driving out there from Orleans next week. Is it worth the drive? See the rate is about the lowest in the RM Group and concerned about "you get what you pay for". What is it comparable to in the east-end? Thanks!

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    the front 9 is not that exciting , tree lined old school, straight forward . Back 9 is newer and has a couple of challenging holes ( wide open grip and rip except for#10 ). Have not been out there for a couple of years not sure about the condition of the course these days

I'd suggest you drive an extra 15-20 mins and check out Upper Canada even if it is not on RM it is worth paying full pop
    Last edited by cleek; 07-28-2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: .

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    For what it's worth, I was pleasantly surprised by the conditions when I played this year. Greens were a little slow, but it was very much worth the $25 green fee I played. Like cleek said, there are some challenging holes and the course can play quite difficult if the wind picks up. I remember the first hole being the worst hole on the course, it gets better after that.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    For the RM fee it's worth it. Course is nicer than bearbrook. It's in the best shape it's been in for the last 5 years. Mind you, after the last big storm there was about 10 trees down on front nine. I haven't been out since the day after storm so I don't know if the trees are cleaned up or not. Upper Canada is at least 8 times nicer but I'm sure it's more money. I'd rate it 3 or 4 steps below Cloverdale. If tee boxes were a little nicer it would make it a lot better. Definitely some challenging holes on back. 13, 16 & 18 are good tests.

Upper Canada is $40 during the week and $48 on the weekend , not taking anything away from CedarGlen or RM but like Renfrew is the hidden gem of the valley , Upper Canada is the cream of the seaway

2Low4U
    Upper Canada is a thousand times better then Cedar Glen. And if you play after 2 its only 28$ to play. After 4 it's 20. If it was in Ottawa it wold be over 100 for a green fee.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    If you're going to drive that far, drive the extra 10 minutes and pay the extra $ to play Upper Canada. It's a fantastic course.

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    If you're going to drive that far, drive the extra 10 minutes and pay the extra $ to play Upper Canada. It's a fantastic course.

Fully agree, I love Upper Canada!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    the front 9 is not that exciting , tree lined old school, straight forward . Back 9 is newer and has a couple of challenging holes ( wide open grip and rip except for#10 ). Have not been out there for a couple of years not sure about the condition of the course these days

I'd suggest you drive an extra 15-20 mins and check out Upper Canada even if it is not on RM it is worth paying full pop
    I second this...Upper Canada is a great track...not sure if OG can get it on the list of courses for next year??

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Thinking of driving out there from Orleans next week. Is it worth the drive? See the rate is about the lowest in the RM Group and concerned about "you get what you pay for". What is it comparable to in the east-end? Thanks!
    Probably comparable to Hammond in mid-summer conditions - better than Hammond in the spring and fall.

With all due respect to Upper Canada, Cedar Glen with RM is $10 on weekdays and $15 on weekends - with no restrictions. Its definitely worth the price. To compare that with UC is just silly IMHO.

If you want to compare apples with apples, Smiths Falls is a much nicer "seaway" course than Upper Canada. Same price range, same distance from Ottawa, but a nicer course with fantastic greens and a lot less goose crap.

not sure I would classify Smiths Falls as 'seaway' , I was thinking more along the lines of anything along the 401 from Brockville to Cornwall ( Prescott , Iroquois, Morrisburg, Summerheights ) . Don't get me wrong I love the Smiths Falls course too ( in fact I am playing there today ).

For $10/15 no doubt that is a very good deal at CedarGlen, bang for your buck UC is still the call IMHO. I agree the goose crap can be an annoyance.
    Last edited by cleek; 07-29-2011 at 06:36 AM. Reason: .

Thread Information